[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Sirais wrote:
Sorry, but its hard to read the complete 153 pages.
my first char in poe was a summonner, but one day i just stopped playing her because of the hate in groups.
i still have the char (its a lvl 77 witch) and its completely unskilled.
so after a long long time and with the current Summoner-love-patch i thought about giving her a
chance again to become an MF summoner.

i dont want to ask about gear and stuff, the only real questtion i have is : ist the Build on page 1 (which is 1 year old) still practical, or are there other builds (as i said i want to go the MF CI path).

Of course it is. And its hardly a year. I made the guide in 27 July 2013 17:17.

Take a hint from the fact that people still post here every single day :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
"
but i am lvl 54 and i have 546 mana... how did you achieve to get over 1000+ mana?...

after my aura i dont have enought mana ot cast anything... zombi cost 141 mana to cast.

here is my gear, i have actually no fund at all xD that why im going summoner... (still managed to get a 5L and MF items)

___
hmm i just thought of that since, there is no chaos damage in lunaris temple 3 do i need to get CI? (only for piety)? this way i get use auras on my life too instead?

Nop, no need to go CI.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Driiftwood wrote:
This is a fantastic guide. I'm leveling as a summoner as opposed to swapping to summon damage later on, complimenting it by Summon Raging Spirit, and am completely facerolling everything.

It's sure to get harder as it always does, but I simply wanted to say thanks for the very well written, in-depth guide. Not many people go to that length to explain the technicalities of their builds, so props to you my good man!

Thank you sir.
IGN Riokar | My guides
xenochaos1 Id throw a few chaos orbs at that chest till you hit 500+ es with 2 resists.

Should be doable with 10-20co unless terribly unlucky :D Pretty much anything would be better than its current rolls tho lol, do not go ci with that.

I personally love CI on my summoner; as we dont get hit much so stun/freeze isnt a big issue (use a dispel freeze quicksilver) there is little downside to it.

Unless you have a shavs and plan to low life summoner (or use that new low lvl CI armor chest) may as well walk through chaos dmg like its nothing :D

I must admit I feel a bit OP walking through rare nasty modded 72 maps like its nothing at 78, having zombies rarely die (and they are only lvl17 20% quality).

I run rathiks build with most of the important stuff, currently filling out last points to second curse. Running hatred, vitality, and purity with boots of ullr for third spectre.

I have been testing various spectres, and with a leech gem + the new leech and regen from passives, spectres survive extremely well now. I am currently using good old evangelists again with iaoe, remote mine, and life leech. Im in the market for high rarity high ES boots tho ofc. About 4300es without disc (it just doesnt benefit pets much at all with all the regen/leech that does not apply to their es, I can survive fine without it). I have some max rolled 4L goldwyrms too but I really like my extra spec/zombie in the higher lvl maps. Id drop them for a 20% or better rarity boots with at least 150es tho that would be worth it.

I expect things to get even easier once I pick up desecrate and the offerings.

My gear:
Spoiler

Build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBkkHYxCXEVARlhNsFLAV1xcvGmwc3B0UJ6ko-ilPKpgspiy_L280CjdmN4M5UjowOtg74UNjRARI5025TdhV1lZjVytY9VqRZOdmnmqsa9ttGXC7cU1zU30Yfll_xoCkgseFYIauiECMdo9GkDOQ1pMnms-boZ2uncSio6aspuunCKcrqH2qxKyYtAy3MbiTu9a8N7-XwFTBxcHzw23JPcy80NDT-9eG2QvZE9rd4vfkIuaB6rrr7uwY7DjsivIe99f6gPrS
Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 31, 2014, 6:46:05 PM
a good way to boost your ES is that ephemeral edge sword - since you dont really need another weapon (i am in low lvl maps now with q20/lvl 17 gems) - at least until you have a good shield... i think its easier to roll high ES on a shield than on a chest, maybe just lucky/unlucky. anyway, for now i am using rathpith

"
kuromahou wrote:

I run rathiks build with most of the important stuff, currently filling out last points to second curse. Running hatred, vitality, and purity with boots of ullr for third spectre.

you run 3 auras as a CI AND manage to summon zombies? dang, thats optimzed.
im low life 3 auras

i upgraded armor as you said going really better now

ONLY 1 PROBLEM:

even with FASTER CASTING/CULLING/IIR/ARC my zombie kills way to fast and i cannot cull at all i even sometime miss culling piety... she loses 10% HP between 2 arcs...
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
ab_ wrote:
"
kuromahou wrote:

I run rathiks build with most of the important stuff, currently filling out last points to second curse. Have ALL minion nodes minus necro aegis/block stuff. Running hatred, vitality, and purity with boots of ullr for third spectre.

you run 3 auras as a CI AND manage to summon zombies? dang, thats optimzed.

Yeah 1 60% and 2 40%'s, leaves 200 mana left with current gear setup as listed in that post. 5L summon zombie is 129 mana, the skele totem is 120 mana, curse is 50 mana. Passive regen allows lvl1 arc with rarity culling and faster casting to be free. I run with 2 hybrid flasks of animation so I can get a mana burst if needed that also heals my pets.

In the coming levels I will be finishing off the last ES cluster and getting that 4 mana node cluster upper center (deep thoughts I think its called), as well as getting reduced mana to 20, so I expect 300+ available mana by then.

With a simple setup 3 evangelists I find I dont even need disc, temp chains keeps stuff away from me and the bubbles keep projectile dmg risk at a minimum. I've been doing fine so far in 70-72 maps with 4300es no disc.

"
xenochaos1 wrote:
im low life 3 auras

i upgraded armor as you said going really better now

ONLY 1 PROBLEM:

even with FASTER CASTING/CULLING/IIR/ARC my zombie kills way to fast and i cannot cull at all i even sometime miss culling piety... she loses 10% HP between 2 arcs...

1) As low life you should have 2-3 auras on life with blood magic and 2-3 on mana. Low life is all about the auras. Having 5-6 auras over just 3 is IMO the only reason to make a summoner not CI. You lose the huge es and chaos immunity in exchange for much more damage/defense on your pets.

2) The arc combo is really more for groups and such; at least for me since I dont always use my zombies in a party, just specs and arc culling, it depends on the grp tho. Run zombies in a 5l with splash, multistrike, rarity, and culling strike (as soon as it hits L20 get it to quality 20, good dmg increase along with the cull). This way the zombies themselves have the rarity gem bonus, AND you get the bonus on trash/blues your arc will normally not hit.

The first exalted orb you save up should be spent on a 5l white vaal regalia. Alch/chaos it till you get some halfway decent resists and 500+ es.
Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 31, 2014, 10:28:18 PM
Anyone elses screen gets frozen for a moment when they use these new Offering spells?
ah yes, that kind of aura stacking makes sense, still have 4+4+5% less mana reserved nodes to go, also the gem combination on the 6l makes zombies much more mana intensive (about 300-ish)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info