[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

the build helps me a lot ty
You title this "Newbie Friendly" but it's so full of unexplained acronyms that it can't even be understood - certainly not by a newbie as a first read on this forum.
"
jeffccc3 wrote:
You title this "Newbie Friendly" but it's so full of unexplained acronyms that it can't even be understood - certainly not by a newbie as a first read on this forum.

Holy crap, I can't believe the amount of whining and complaining on this thread. If Rathik can put in hours into making this pretty detailed guide, I think you can take a minute to google "Path of Exile acronyms" and click the first link. That's exactly what I did, and I had zero issues understanding this guide as a first read for my first build.

Also, I'm pretty sure "newbie friendly" refers to the low cost and ease-of-play of the summoner build rather than the fucking wording of the guide.
Last edited by Bhaisabh on Dec 22, 2013, 2:04:21 PM
"
Bhai wrote:
"
jeffccc3 wrote:

Holy crap, I can't believe the amount of whining and complaining on this thread. If Rathik can put in hours into making this pretty detailed guide, I think you can take a minute to google "Path of Exile acronyms" and click the first link. That's exactly what I did, and I had zero issues understanding this guide as a first read for my first build.

Also, I'm pretty sure "newbie friendly" refers to the low cost and ease-of-play of the summoner build rather than the fucking wording of the guide.

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Looking for more examples of gear like these:

Oref's Life Gear (linked from OP)
Spoiler

"
Oref wrote:
Life build gear.

and more recently... sheeeeeeets

Spoiler

Anyone else have an example of gear they're running? I'm making the transition from Infernal Blow to Summoning @ Level 55 or so and need some ideas to think about whilst I save up currency.

Getting the right socket setup is, in itself, quite a consideration.

With regards to the second post, Wonder why you have a level 10 Arc in there?

"
Arc (level 1 gem) + culling strike + IIR + IIQ/faster casting.

I'm doing a life build so equipment may be a little different, but feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of getting so many socket combinations up and running in the next few levels.

Yes, I will LTP :P
Last edited by Biomirth on Dec 23, 2013, 1:30:45 AM
Thanks!
A nice addition to the guide might be a map prefix/affix evaluation (with a stars system or something similar) in relation to the specifics of our build.

I've been talking to a couple summoners in game and they didn't realize that stuff like Enfeeble or even Temporal Chains aren't an issue at all for us.

What do you think about it, Rathik?

If you are interested I might post a first draft of such guide here (my experience is up to lvl 74 maps) to save you some time.

let me know!

(and thanks again)
Tx for the good guide.
whats the deal with dominus on normal tho. ive done him more easaly on "worse" character. now i get below 20/10% in a couple of hits at times. ive followd the guidfe completly and got all legendarys making the the ci summoner with mf, is my end plan

aaand edit. nvm i was just playing a bit worse since i hadnt playedin a while :)
alsow just to put in my 2 cents. i belive u need to cap resistenses for this boss. i switchd rings.

tx again
Last edited by PumpFIST on Dec 23, 2013, 7:26:10 PM
"
PumpFIST wrote:
Tx for the good guide.
whats the deal with dominus on normal tho. ive done him more easaly on "worse" character. now i get below 20/10% in a couple of hits at times. ive followd the guidfe completly and got all legendarys making the the ci summoner with mf, is my end plan

aaand edit. nvm i was just playing a bit worse since i hadnt playedin a while :)
alsow just to put in my 2 cents. i belive u need to cap resistenses for this boss. i switchd rings.

tx again

Well, for one thing it isn't a tanky character, it's a summoner, and in Act1 you're not going to have very good minions. Most people in chat suggest that a summoner doesn't really get going until level 60, so before then you'll need some other way to stay alive. I went with Rathik's Powerleveling guide (Facebreaker) and it was a blast. Dom Normal was pretty straightforward, but Dom Cruel I asked for help and got it.

Like Rathik says, get help or have an alternate account with a high level character to get you through (multi-account). Personally I've never found myself waiting for more than 2 or 3 minutes for help in chat or by posting a party.

Time to gear up!
Rathik what do you think of Tanky zombies and Tanky burning miscreations that do insane damage and never die?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/560312

What are your thoughts on that build?
(🌸=◡=)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info