[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Biomirth wrote:
"
PumpFIST wrote:
Tx for the good guide.
whats the deal with dominus on normal tho. ive done him more easaly on "worse" character. now i get below 20/10% in a couple of hits at times. ive followd the guidfe completly and got all legendarys making the the ci summoner with mf, is my end plan

aaand edit. nvm i was just playing a bit worse since i hadnt playedin a while :)
alsow just to put in my 2 cents. i belive u need to cap resistenses for this boss. i switchd rings.

tx again

Well, for one thing it isn't a tanky character, it's a summoner, and in Act1 you're not going to have very good minions. Most people in chat suggest that a summoner doesn't really get going until level 60, so before then you'll need some other way to stay alive. I went with Rathik's Powerleveling guide (Facebreaker) and it was a blast. Dom Normal was pretty straightforward, but Dom Cruel I asked for help and got it.

Like Rathik says, get help or have an alternate account with a high level character to get you through (multi-account). Personally I've never found myself waiting for more than 2 or 3 minutes for help in chat or by posting a party.

Time to gear up!

+1
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik what do you think of Tanky zombies and Tanky burning miscreations that do insane damage and never die?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/560312

What are your thoughts on that build?

Never saw it before.

I like dual curse, it gives you a lot more flexibility.
MI is pretty much a must on some boss fights.
If you need to tank something just use skeletons. Skeletons + MI = Tanks + DPS.
Immortal minions is an illusion.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Hello Rathik

Many people asked me during the past month to tell them my thoughs about your build, eventually your statement of:

'Immortal minions is an illusion.'

'forced' me to post here.

Just from the top of my head, my thoughts and observations:

This build is 'ok' for standard league, far from being optimal.

Minion Instability doesn't even trigger when your minions get instagibbed.
If your minions get popped left and right, you are doing it wrong.

I have a twitch stream set up, with a bunch of highlights both on my summoner and other toon that is the result of having the most efficent Piety farmer on Nemesis as we speak;

http://hu.twitch.tv/sampudrinker/profile

I do recommend you (and everyone else) watch the snapshotting guide for minions, seeing 'summoners' run around with clarity trying to resummon their pets on every corner is a pain.
You have to have tanky minions SUPPORTED by your own auras AND PASSIVES, Discipline and Clarity are a waste of mana for a real summoner.

again, if your minions are dying left and right you are doing it wrong.

ps: Claiming Hardcore / Nemesis would require the creator of this guide to play in those leagues in endgame content, until then it's just a theory.

pps: 'noob friendly cheap build for any league' then posting a screenshot of ~9k ES, does not compute, to say at least :)

Merry Christmas!

edit: highlights link
@Sampudrinker
Stream: www.twitch.tv/sampudrinker
Last edited by tehosiris on Dec 25, 2013, 7:12:06 AM
With all due respect, isn't snapshotting an exploit? I've been following this guide so far and like the end result, but if there is a better way, do please explain it.

Edit: Also, I must be missing how you get to 97 IIQ. I thought I was at max in Domination with 91...
Last edited by Bizze79 on Dec 24, 2013, 1:58:38 PM
Good work, this is a nice guide to beginners/summoner lovers, i liked the part where you tell the witch/scion differences in the build. Simple ignore the opinion of "arrogant kids" and keep helping the community like this.
"
tehosiris wrote:
Hello Rathik

Many people asked me during the past month to tell them my thoughs about your build, eventually your statement of:

'Immortal minions is an illusion.'

'forced' me to post here.

Just from the top of my head, my thoughts and observations:

This build is 'ok' for standard league, far from being optimal.

Minion Instability doesn't even trigger when your minions get instagibbed.
If your minions get popped left and right, you are doing it wrong.

I have a twitch stream set up, with a bunch of highlights both on my summoner and other toon that is the result of having the most efficent Piety farmer on Nemesis as we speak;

http://hu.twitch.tv/sampudrinker/dashboard/recorded?kind=highlights&page=2

I do recommend you (and everyone else) watch the snapshotting guide for minions, seeing 'summoners' run around with clarity trying to resummon their pets on every corner is a pain.
You have to have tanky minions SUPPORTED by your own auras AND PASSIVES, Discipline and Clarity are a waste of mana for a real summoner.

again, if your minions are dying left and right you are doing it wrong.

ps: Claiming Hardcore / Nemesis would require the creator of this guide to play in those leagues in endgame content, until then it's just a theory.

pps: 'noob friendly cheap build for any league' then posting a screenshot of ~9k ES, does not compute, to say at least :)

Merry Christmas!

Sir your link is broken. It seems that you linked to your steam control page and not the stream itself.
Last edited by Ttiamus on Dec 24, 2013, 10:28:07 PM
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Immortal minions is an illusion.

That's what I used to think as well! But then I tried it!..
omg
I have been using this build and finally switched over to Ci. I must so this has been great! I picked up the Mon'tregul's Grasp doing this then switching my weapons so I can summon the other regular zombies and I have been loving this! I am currently 73 So I need to pick up a few more key nodes but so far so great!
IGN

Reaper_of_Souls_
all that wall of text but no leveling guide??? unless i am missing it!
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
foudn it xD
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info