[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
Mouchi wrote:
Quick question for those of us playing on domination league and optimal support gems. Is there any definitive answer as to which is best in a 6L out of faster attacks, melee damage, and minion damage? Assuming the other sockets are Zombies, Multi Strike, Melee Splash, IIR, and Culling. Thanks so much, and sorry if the question was answered earlier; I tried searching a few pages back and didn't see anything.

Did you try looking in the gem section in the first post?

"
Raise Zombies + melee splash + multistrike + faster attacks/culling strike
5L IIQ or melee physical
6L IIR + IIQ or melee physical + minion damage

My bad, not sure how I missed that because it's the first place I looked! Thanks for answering my (stupid) post anyway, appreciate the guide and all the work you've done in putting it together.
Spoiler

Here's my items.

Hello Rathik, I've been following this summmoner build quite extensively and while I'm surprised at how fast Zombies can decimate my opposition I'm really not liking how fast they die on me, there are times where I'll be doing nothing but summoning zombies to replace the ones that die, especially to the corpse exploding mobs in act 3. I'll admit I'm new to the ways of the summoner as my main before this was a Spectral throw ranger.

While I realize my gear isn't entirely ideal, it's what I've been able to find up until this point that had some decent energy shield on it, I think the boots are the nicest thing I'm currently wearing.

Here's my skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAP0IZwj0DlwQdBCXEZYUsBZvF1AYPBmFGmwc3B6UJDwkqiepKPoqmC9vMYg26UQERX5FnUjnSVFMLU25VcZabVqRaqxr220ZcLtzU3kDeqp9GH5Zf8aCHoLHhWCIQI9GkDOTJ5M6muCboZ2uoqOmrKcIp1yofarErD-smLiTvSe_l8BUwfPJPcy8z2XQ0NP72QvZE9rd2wvcV-Nq5CLmgevu7IryHvfX-ej6gPrS

I was experiencing really awful mana problems so I took eldritch battery and while now I am able to run 2 aura's with clarity, my own personal survival is obviously much less. This wouldn't be a problem if my summons didn't keep dying T.T

I appreciate any help you can send my way, I really just want to get to the point where I can farm maps at a respectable speed, right now I'm having issues just clearing act 3 merciless.
Last edited by SwiftD7 on Dec 3, 2013, 2:44:25 PM
"
SwiftD7 wrote:
Spoiler

Here's my items.

Hello Rathik, I've been following this summmoner build quite extensively and while I'm surprised at how fast Zombies can decimate my opposition I'm really not liking how fast they die on me, there are times where I'll be doing nothing but summoning zombies to replace the ones that die, especially to the corpse exploding mobs in act 3. I'll admit I'm new to the ways of the summoner as my main before this was a Spectral throw ranger.

While I realize my gear isn't entirely ideal, it's what I've been able to find up until this point that had some decent energy shield on it, I think the boots are the nicest thing I'm currently wearing.

Here's my skill tree

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAP0IZwj0DlwQdBCXEZYUsBZvF1AYPBmFGmwc3B6UJDwkqiepKPoqmC9vMYg26UQERX5FnUjnSVFMLU25VcZabVqRaqxr220ZcLtzU3kDeqp9GH5Zf8aCHoLHhWCIQI9GkDOTJ5M6muCboZ2uoqOmrKcIp1yofarErD-smLiTvSe_l8BUwfPJPcy8z2XQ0NP72QvZE9rd2wvcV-Nq5CLmgevu7IryHvfX-ej6gPrS

I was experiencing really awful mana problems so I took eldritch battery and while now I am able to run 2 aura's with clarity, my own personal survival is obviously much less. This wouldn't be a problem if my summons didn't keep dying T.T

I appreciate any help you can send my way, I really just want to get to the point where I can farm maps at a respectable speed, right now I'm having issues just clearing act 3 merciless.

I'm not the authority on this build so take my advice with a grain of salt. But I've found that having a helm with +2 to Minion level, and spamming temporal chains and enfeeble over each mob you encounter greatly helps the survivability of your minions. Another thing is I've noticed you've already ditched Ethereal Knives, I think i only really ditched it once i started mapping and could rely on parties to do the damage. EK just scales far too well without gear requirements to be ditched unless its necessary.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

On the point of Eldritch Battery, I was also having mana problems and it really did solve that for me until i respecced into CI and got the Deep Thoughts passive near the curse passives.
IGN CuppingBallsAllDay
Last edited by GaZZa on Dec 3, 2013, 3:18:09 PM
"
SwiftD7 wrote:
Spoiler

Here's my items.

Here's my skill tree

Spoiler

Well, you are life based and the only life you have on your items is from your shield.
Get more life.
Use chains + enfeeble
fix your links.
buy a cheap 5 link chest and add life leech on your zombies if you cant be bother to re summon.
put specters in 4l, skeletons dont need 4l

I would re read the guide if I were you. You are not following it.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Dec 3, 2013, 3:24:14 PM
:/ dude I read the guide. I just wanted to see if there were cheaper alternatives than the ones you suggested.

5 links is pretty Expensive for me at the moment. I realize I need to redo my links but I'm out of jewelers at the moment.
I've been using vulnerability as my main curse with clarity, purity of elements and hatred as my auras.

Do you think I should switch to discipline, it seems any reasonably large pack of mobs in the gardens just rolls over my zombies most of the time, I really like the added killing power that comes from burning miscreations but they die so fast that I don't even bother anymore.

Obviously I want to transition to CI.
Last edited by SwiftD7 on Dec 3, 2013, 3:32:40 PM
"
GaZZa wrote:
"
SwiftD7 wrote:
Spoiler

Here's my items.

Here's my skill tree

I'm not the authority on this build so take my advice with a grain of salt. But I've found that having a helm with +2 to Minion level, and spamming temporal chains and enfeeble over each mob you encounter greatly helps the survivability of your minions. Another thing is I've noticed you've already ditched Ethereal Knives, I think i only really ditched it once i started mapping and could rely on parties to do the damage. EK just scales far too well without gear requirements to be ditched unless its necessary.

Here's my gear:
Spoiler

On the point of Eldritch Battery, I was also having mana problems and it really did solve that for me until i respecced into CI and got the Deep Thoughts passive near the curse passives.

I leveled with facebreakers, I leved a bit of ethereal knives but I thought at this point my zombies would be strong enough to handle themselves :/ Curses not withstanding.
Last edited by SwiftD7 on Dec 3, 2013, 3:29:54 PM
Hi, this might be a dumb question, but why use ethreal knife on life build and arc on CI build?
Would you suggest heading towards whispers of doom first or the far left cluster with Sovereignty in it? This is something your guide doesn't really touch on.

I realized I had some spare points left over from getting dex together for facebreakers so I'm refunding them, working on my gear but finding dem deals is a bit of an issue.

I am following the guide tho.

I also had this sitting in my stash, I was waiting to link it up.
Last edited by SwiftD7 on Dec 3, 2013, 4:45:14 PM
Thanks. I've been using this build in Nemesis until I died, and I decided to just continue in standard.
"
SwiftD7 wrote:
:/ dude I read the guide. I just wanted to see if there were cheaper alternatives than the ones you suggested.

5 links is pretty Expensive for me at the moment. I realize I need to redo my links but I'm out of jewelers at the moment.
I've been using vulnerability as my main curse with clarity, purity of elements and hatred as my auras.

Do you think I should switch to discipline, it seems any reasonably large pack of mobs in the gardens just rolls over my zombies most of the time, I really like the added killing power that comes from burning miscreations but they die so fast that I don't even bother anymore.

Obviously I want to transition to CI.

dude, there are 5l chests for as cheap as 2 chaos. If you can't afford 2-3 chaos to buy one then you doing something wrong.

http://poe.xyz.is/search/ateranaretunot

Do I really need to do the search for you?

And don't bother to much with specters at low levels, build generic specters and raise them as you go.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Dec 4, 2013, 1:59:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info