[2.0]Rathik's NEWBIE FRIENDLY FUN&CHEAP FARMER, DPS Summoner. High AOE DMG, SURVIVAL."The Matriarch"

Sorry if this has been talked about, I haven't seen it.

What do you all think about Mon'Tregul's for this build? I've noticed in a lot of the higher maps, it's fairly difficult to keep zombies up (though I'm only running a 5L chest atm which doesn't have the ideal 6L imo minion resist (or life?)), and a big part of keeping good stuff dropping is having your army alive hitting the trash.

I'm just using a wand w/ faster cast/mana atm and some other fairly useless mods, but of course some res on my wand. I think if all of the other gear covers res well (dual or tri res), the only real sacrifice would be some faster casting on the wand, as it seems hard enough to get enough on other gear to make arc fly. Having extra mana is almost a moot point considering A.) hybrid anim flasks and B.) not always wanting it maxed anyway to pop Div Dist and maintain the buff.

Anyway, thought I'd throw this out there. :)
In-game: WrongHoleBaby
Last edited by Sepelion on Nov 26, 2013, 2:03:03 PM
Hey.

Primo, I would like to thank you for this build. I've tried many builds for Witch, mainly concetrating of self-dealt DPS. I thought that summoner indeed has a high survivability but her DPS was low as hell.
I was wrong (about second part). This is one of the best builds I've ever played so far - i literally faceroll everyone and everything.

Secundo, I would like to help me with a skill choice - I play with Ethereal Knives since I was level 4, and I've just looted the Arc skill gem.
But it has major disadvantage - its damage sucks rhino balls.
Do you have any replacement for Ethereal Knives, or I should play with it continously. If yes, on what level can I replace it?

Tertio, can you give me some advice about my gear? On what should I focus on? What gems should I buy?
Here it is:
Spoiler

Thanks.
Last edited by Nakhaght on Nov 27, 2013, 8:57:11 AM
"
Sepelion wrote:

What do you all think about Mon'Tregul's for this build? I've noticed in a lot of the higher maps, it's fairly difficult to keep zombies up (though I'm only running a 5L chest atm which doesn't have the ideal 6L imo minion resist (or life?)), and a big part of keeping good stuff dropping is having your army alive hitting the trash.

I'm just using a wand w/ faster cast/mana atm and some other fairly useless mods, but of course some res on my wand. I think if all of the other gear covers res well (dual or tri res), the only real sacrifice would be some faster casting on the wand, as it seems hard enough to get enough on other gear to make arc fly. Having extra mana is almost a moot point considering A.) hybrid anim flasks and B.) not always wanting it maxed anyway to pop Div Dist and maintain the buff.

I'd recommend using this on your swap, pick up 4 zombies with it, swap back to main and get your remaining 4.

Other than that it's not worth the overall loss imo. I'd imagine Rathik is going to say the same but i've been wrong before.
Hi,
This is my first character pretty much (other than a level 60 scion ST that I grew bored of), and I'm currently using your leveling guide and am at level 56. I'm a little confused about WHEN and HOW I should switch from using Infernal Blow w/ Facesmashers to a summoner.

Should I switch first to a life-based summoner, and then use that until I get enough gear to spec out of life and into CI? If so, which nodes should I prioritize when I switch? I am just nervous because I don't have much currency at all (spent it on the leveling uniques you laid out in your other guide)

Thanks

Here is where I'm at so far at level 56 with my passives. My items right now are the ones from your guide (uniques):
Last edited by Senathes on Nov 26, 2013, 8:42:08 PM
"
Asag wrote:
This was probably answered already but cant find this in topic with 106 pages.

For life based build and more "safe" choice a slightly better is scion right? 96% armor on scion vs 88% on witch is a big difference. Ofc there is meat shield but when things goes wrong (and while leveling with EK) scion would be "easier" to stay alive?

100 armour * 196% = 196
100 armour * 188% = 188

Game breaking :)

IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Nakhaght wrote:
Hey.

Primo, I would like to thank you for this build. I've tried many builds for Witch, mainly concetrating of self-dealt DPS. I thought that summoner indeed has a high survivability but her DPS was low as hell.
I was wrong (about second part). This is one of the best builds I've ever played so far - i literally faceroll everyone and everything.

Secundo, I would like to help me with a skill choice - I play with Ethereal Knives since I was level 4, and I've just looted the Arc skill gem.
But it has major disadvantage - its damage sucks rhino balls.
Do you have any replacement for Ethereal Knives, or I should play with it continously. If yes, on what level can I replace it?

Tertio, can you give me some advice about my gear? On what should I focus on? What gems should I buy?
Here it is:
Spoiler

Thanks.

As I said many many times before Arc is a utility spell. Its used for culling only.
You can use EK instead. When your zombie gems gets enough levels, the DPS from EK will be insignificant since you don't have any DPS skill nodes.

The answer for your gear lays in the first topic under the gem/gear section.
If you are to lazy to read it, just look at my gear and try to match it.

And please always put your gear under a spoiler.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on Nov 26, 2013, 11:35:41 PM
"
Hyjaks wrote:
"
Sepelion wrote:

I'd recommend using this on your swap, pick up 4 zombies with it, swap back to main and get your remaining 4.

Other than that it's not worth the overall loss imo. I'd imagine Rathik is going to say the same but i've been wrong before.

+1

This "trick" will also get fixed just like the aura "trick" was fixed.
Builds that rely on it will take a hit.
I take it as a rule to not abuse game mechanics.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Senathes wrote:
Hi,
This is my first character pretty much (other than a level 60 scion ST that I grew bored of), and I'm currently using your leveling guide and am at level 56. I'm a little confused about WHEN and HOW I should switch from using Infernal Blow w/ Facesmashers to a summoner.

Should I switch first to a life-based summoner, and then use that until I get enough gear to spec out of life and into CI? If so, which nodes should I prioritize when I switch? I am just nervous because I don't have much currency at all (spent it on the leveling uniques you laid out in your other guide)

Thanks

Here is where I'm at so far at level 56 with my passives. My items right now are the ones from your guide (uniques):

Did you even read my summoners guide?
IGN Riokar | My guides
hi, i just start playing this game, and interest to follow your build, can u make a passive skill guide for a certain level, like, for level 20; where should i spend it, lvl 40, and so on. i will appreciate your help.

thank you.
"
punxrawk91 wrote:
hi, i just start playing this game, and interest to follow your build, can u make a passive skill guide for a certain level, like, for level 20; where should i spend it, lvl 40, and so on. i will appreciate your help.

thank you.

Seriously?
IGN Riokar | My guides

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info