0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Oh how I love thee!

South Africa 2:00 AM
Monday, August 27, 2012

Was getting terribly bored. This will be just in time to save my sanity.
I'm BACK :)
Wish it had a time limit, and hope this can be eventually be implimented in future long term events.

Unlikely ill compete seriously this time round, though i might hit one of the level thresholds for extra orbs. Good to see more long term events in any case.
IGN: KoTao
Well I know what I'm doing next week.... :D
IGN: redeux
Awesome, thank you for another fun time killer :)

but

"Please note that the above currency prizes are lower than the previous two week event. This is intentional - the purpose of this event is for the fun of the competition, rather than a way to get rich."

Chris, have you not peeled through 100s of orbs to make an item better or get that one upgrade needed to beat Oversoul on a particular difficulty? This, for me at least, is the most fun (also frustration, lol) I have in this game. I know very few people who play PoE to get 'rich'. I'm not actually sure what the definition of rich would be in this game outside of a screenshot of a stash full of orbs. Please reconsider the scaling of these rewards as this isn't OB yet and nothing but test data has permanence.

P.S. The fact the person that is campaigning for daily time caps on these races is also somoeone who spent a huge amount of time spamming for trades in the last race chat is quite ironic. (I've worked nearly 60 hours/week for the past few years and I still don't want time caps)
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
Last edited by infinityinc on Aug 24, 2012, 3:31:49 AM
With less time to reach the level thresholds, I would think you would scale up the rewards, not scale them back. I was planning on running 1 char furiously, and not abusing the rewards like I did in the last race (racing multiple accounts to level 40, twinking each char with the same build/gear each time).
How Fusings Work: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/38585/page/3#p1451934

IGN: TheHammer
"
To receive additional 0.9.11 balance feedback from a restricted economy, and due to high demand, we'll be running a one-week hardcore league.

This race really wont help that...
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
Higher rewards amounts would only work if orbs were limited to lower level rewards (alts/jewelers/fusing/alchs/ect), which are gone through at a much higher level.

When you consider how many divines/exalted/GCPs ect that people got last time I agree with GGG that rewards needed to be cut. Even with the amount of time it took to hit the level 60 or 70, the rewards for time played vastly exceeded normal play. Personally i think event rewards across the board should be cut some (and I love events).

Events should be for fun and not the major source of high level currency entering the game (which I'd say they are now).
Last edited by Vondum on Aug 24, 2012, 12:07:40 PM
And only one Char from every Account should have the option to get prices, since it is sometimes more useful to rush more chars to a certain level, than to play one to more extent.

But since I would have to kill the Vaal Overlord, which is not safely possible, since he just throws visual effects at me until not my char, but my poor old PC is done. I won't be able to get a high level :P

I might still try it but not sure. I managed to kill him without TP and Death once out of three attempts and since I managed to kill him in Cruel I should be able to do so in normal, if I know him more.

But still I wish a lot of fun to all the people participating and you should not think that much about prices etc. since in the long run this will all be deleted if Open-Beta starts (only the Points will stay and the best 20 should get some good prices, they deserve it).

The reason for having prices is more to give even players, who have not won the race, the feeling that they achieved something, which is reasonable even if the prices are small. Last time in the 3-hour race I got 2 GCP, 1 Exalted, 1 Divine, 1 Chaos and another orb, which I can't remember out of my 6 Orbs, which was really incredible luck. Since this time these rewards are in my Stash without me even touching them (since I would have to kill a char first to use them in default, because I most likely won't manage to keep a HC-Char alive over 3 Overlords I have to defeat^^). So I was happy to get the prices in the first run, but I don't care about them in the end, they are just a minor sign of respecting my achievement to reach lvl17, which isn't that much, but well... I was not playing that seriously, and was more concerned about staying alive than anything else^^.
"
Vondum wrote:
Higher rewards amounts would only work if orbs were limited to lower level rewards (alts/jewelers/fusing/alchs/ect), which are gone through at a much higher level.

When you consider how many divines/exalted/GCPs ect that people got last time I agree with GGG that rewards needed to be cut. Even with the amount of time it took to hit the level 60 or 70, the rewards for time played vastly exceeded normal play. Personally i think event rewards across the board should be cut some (and I love events).

Events should be for fun and not the major source of high level currency entering the game (which I'd say they are now).

I agree. I'm more referring to balance of classes as seen another post when I quoted the "balance feedback" (in the post it was mentioned that these races are used to find out if modern characters are able to handle maps.)

As pointed out in that thread most people use characters that they would normally not use.. sooo thats really what I ment to point out in my post
My Kiwi's name is Fluffy.
It eats souls and small children.
Don't fuck with Fluffy.
Last edited by metisuneatn on Aug 24, 2012, 1:57:37 PM
"
TehHammer wrote:
I was planning on running 1 char furiously, and not abusing the rewards like I did in the last race (racing multiple accounts to level 40

useless even at the first longrace...

"
Emphasy wrote:
And only one Char from every Account should have the option to get prices

cause this is already the rule:

"
Chris wrote:
For the following prizes, we will examine only the highest level character on each account that is still alive at the end of the race.

Was the same also in the last long-term race of 2 weeks, same word sequence in the announcement:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/39572

invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info