0.9.11 One-week Hardcore Ladder Race

Yea these races are awesome. I love them for several reasons and the top of those is the clean start with a totally new economy.

Grats to all our winners.

Psyk, NotThat, DDt, Metro and a few others your banter on Mumble was a LOT of fun to listen to. It actually helped me through hour after hour of grinding.

So! GGG when's the next one?
I'm BACK :)
Well i said i wouldnt participate ... well i got lured by 2 DA members to come party.

First i did a templar he ripped as lvl 49, i did some really stupid.

Next i rerolled templar, and desync to death as lvl 29.

Then i thought stuff gimp templars, and rolled a duelist hp specced.

In the weekend there was weird desync, i would get hit by monsters at edge off my screen. Then swing a cleave or 2 and hear it hit monsters, that wasnt there.

In the end, i had a really great week, totally got 11 uniques, and a bunch off quality gems.
So if clan DA wanna party next 1 week event, i will be there. I like partys with crips and beers.
Clan Admin -> www-clan-da.com
http://da.xfire.com/profile/dmolisher/videos/poe/
Alt-O-Holic ... too many to name --> HC
Last edited by D_molisher on Sep 3, 2012, 8:00:06 AM
Congratulations to all winners and survivors!

This was my first long ladder race and I have quite mixed feelings about it.

/played
I was quite stunned when I saw my /played at the end. I know there are people who were playing way more effectively than me and could get the levels in a lot less time. Two of them I remember: KoTao and DDT.
So yes, the race is not just about the time investment but it is a great part of it and I'm not gonna participate in next event similar to this one because of it.

economy
The new fresh economy was great, no event prizes influence, at certain point the alchs were so valuable, certain skill gems still had their value even without quality, uniques were unique.

atmosphere
Overall the atmosphere was great.

I can't even imagine how was the 2 weeks racegoing, this one felt too long already.
✠ ✠
Sahtra lvl 74 Templar checking in. (I was 35% away from 75 waaaaaa)

Managed to end in 8th place.

Got to say, it was an overall blast.

I played solo to about lvl 20ish. From then on in, I pretty much played with random people I could party with up until the end of merciless.

After that I discovered the Path of Exile mumble server and hopped on. I tentatively asked Fayded to help with Merciless Vaal, and he was like "Sure gimi a sec". He blew through pyramid and Vaal and after that I was always playing with mumble up and the mumble players.

It was interesting to hear that Fayded always did that kinda stuff. It was amusing to recognize the amount of time he spent helping others out while maintaining a first place finish and then tie.

The mumble group was a REALLY nice group, always willing to help each-other out and chat. I'll admit, without their help I probably wouldn't have made it into the top 10. My character might have been nigh un-killable, but he killed slow as hell.

Was a great race!
What a ride.
Big thank you to Fayded for his assistance throughout the race.
A true top bloke, always taking the mickey.

Well played Panda and Fayded, gg.
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
was hoping to give this week long a go, but was a travelling week for me, next one for sure I will do.
Not for top 10 or prizes but for the experience.
Have been working with different builds and skill sets to see what say a tank ranger can do etc
great job all the winners this time, and good on GGG for the way it has been run

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info