Unable to Map File error report search!

Got this one today (September, 1st) in Act 2 when using transferring via waypoint from town to somewhere.

Update. Reproduced again in Act 2. Absolutely the same error message.
Last edited by Garrotte on Sep 2, 2012, 3:01:51 PM
I see other beta-testers post here about the other crash cause problem. So I'll do too. Please move to a correct forum thread.
This crash occured today when entering gate to next difficulty after Act 2 final boss on Normal difficulty.

I was lucky to join the same party again and repeat transition to next difficulty. :-)
BTW, both crashes took place the first day I tried multiplayer. Never experienced them in single.
I haven't played for a while and now I'm getting this "unable to map file" right after "checking resources" while the launcher starts. (only the error, with no report or extra information)

The game was perfectly working when I played the last time and now I cant even start the game.

So nothing has changed at my machine, it should be somewhere on server side?
Last edited by Sangei on Sep 8, 2012, 10:11:32 AM
Same as sangei, i goes to update the server and then ... map error :S
What should i do? :(
I don't really want to reinstall the game i'll take a lot and my connection here in argentina it's not that good
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 65536 Size: 3737923602
OK

Got it when trying to update.
IGN: EnemaBojio
League: Standard
Guild: JoeyBestDog
All Boss Kills Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOioeoVLdsY
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset 1007222784 Size: 20145261

It happened when I tried crossing from the Arc 2 forest to The Prisoner's Gate.

Didn't happen twice.

Edit:
It did happen twice, first with my duelist, now with my witch, carrying around 5 zombies and 2 spectres (if it matters). Exactly the same message:

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset 1007222784 Size: 20145261
Terrible life choices are my thing.
Last edited by Treiclon on Sep 10, 2012, 12:51:08 PM
Are there any fixes for this? I tried updating again using a back-up content file. But the error repeats itself.
IGN: EnemaBojio
League: Standard
Guild: JoeyBestDog
All Boss Kills Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOioeoVLdsY
I haven't played beta in almost a month due to this; hope it is addressed soon.
There is a new display option to reduce the texture size - This should greatly reduce the chance of getting this error.
Balance & Design
"
Sangei wrote:
I haven't played for a while and now I'm getting this "unable to map file" right after "checking resources" while the launcher starts. (only the error, with no report or extra information)

The game was perfectly working when I played the last time and now I cant even start the game.

So nothing has changed at my machine, it should be somewhere on server side?

I'm getting exactly the same thing, i havent changed anything either.

My system specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
I7 980x CPU
12 GB ram
2 GB AMD Radeon HD 6970
4x2TB HDs in a x2 raid

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info