Unable to Map File error report search!

Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 23366866080 Size: 5637258
Evry 3rd map i travel i get same errors with differnt offsets.

Is it true that game have alredy 1 year of beta testing and u still cant fix this?
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset:

5232787456 Size: 15136943

something like that, got it again!! getting it like every few times i switch a map, i even used your -gc 2 tag. Its not fixing it.

Im running windows 7 with 4 GB ram and 32 bit os.
with shadows turned off completely I get the error a lot less but I still get it from time to time
Been getting it all day the past couple of days, just found this thread though Ill start pasting it every time I get it.
I have noticed this error only in Act 3 (since couple of days im there). Changing graphical settings to lower didn't help (now I have everythinhg on the lowest possible).

The only thing that helped (I found this solution around here on forum), was starting game with parameter --nosound
It's no hard to guess, that it disables all the sound in the game. Now I can finally play, but without sound it's not so nice...

I think we all be grateful for some actual Dev-Answer, please guys, do something with that!
---------------------------
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2867986432 Size: 22392402
OK
IGN :Genjimaru_EK
Same crash happening for me on windows 7 32bit, all up to date, with latest drivers. Crash mostly happens on act3 while changing levels. Game music stops working on loading screen to a new map either via teleport or through doorways to new areas, then it just freezes up. Cannot do anything except use ctrl, alt and delete to access task manager and shut it down there. I have done all that is suggested on the main problem support page. Turned shadows off, lowered graphics to medium, added -gc2 to my shortcut which has reduced the problem a bit. Also done a pack check in which files did not need replacing. I have heard the nosound or softwareaudio shortcut commands might help fix the sound glitches but not tried those yet.

Noticed very high memory usage when this happens. Also had 2 out of memory errors show up so there maybe a memory leak but not sure. I do not have these problems with any of my other games. This is the only game on my machine that crashes.

Using AMD 245xII dual core CPU, 2gb RAM and system managed page file, Nvidia GT240 Driver 310.90, Realtek HD Audio Driver R2.70

Fingers crossed it gets fixed soon. Loving the game by the way :) so many customizations.
Last edited by Crunchypeanuts on Feb 3, 2013, 12:09:52 PM
"
Horuss wrote:
I have noticed this error only in Act 3 (since couple of days im there). Changing graphical settings to lower didn't help (now I have everythinhg on the lowest possible).

The only thing that helped (I found this solution around here on forum), was starting game with parameter --nosound
It's no hard to guess, that it disables all the sound in the game. Now I can finally play, but without sound it's not so nice...

I think we all be grateful for some actual Dev-Answer, please guys, do something with that!

Im gonna try this out, thanks!
IGN: Berzurker

Selling loads of decent stuff
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/239654
GMT+8
My game has been crashing every 2-3 load screens on Act3 since yesterday.

This morning I deleted all files in the minimap folder and I don't know if it's related but I didn't get a crash since.
Last edited by kamoa on Feb 3, 2013, 12:46:10 PM
Exception
Unable to MapViewOfFile in MapChunk. Error Code: 8 Offset: 2264006656 Size: 5615192
Aceptar
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:...

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Aceptar
Can't enter to Dark Forest

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info