Unique Item List - 300 of 419

And how you will solve the mana issue? take some extra nodes or buy that mirrored 69% mana regen shield? With this I can run all my 8 auras 20k def and lvl 20 AA, you don't want to be a hero in your party, in the end what you need is to survive the run and help the party as well. Oh one more thing, this is Piscator and you need LL gem to work with your leech :)
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
Last edited by JuanTamod on Jun 6, 2014, 3:43:46 PM
Basically your AOE kill spd on dense pack is not that great because you only hit 3 monster max per attk, and we all know how that will turn out well in sea witch fracture map.

But yeah if chain doesnt work for you fair enough, I personally just don't like hitting maximum 3 monster per attack on my main AOE skill setup.
Last edited by 0versky on Jun 6, 2014, 4:01:48 PM
True, but I always bring my GMP (86k) and Accu (125k) depends on the map they run.
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
"
Vandalain wrote:
Chain will exponentially increase your overall DPS on packs, ever since they changed the way crits are rolled.

Which hasn't actually ever changed.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Vandalain wrote:
Chain will exponentially increase your overall DPS on packs, ever since they changed the way crits are rolled.

Which hasn't actually ever changed.

Was changed a looong time ago.

IGN: Ghured
Really? Looooong ass time indeed then! ;) I don't even remember that happening, and I like to think I go a fair ways back by now. Now I'm curious when exactly... *google*

EDIT: Dayum. "Changes how critical strikes work so that they are calculated once per action." - 5th of August, 2011. Cool!
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jun 6, 2014, 5:44:39 PM
How is that exponential...?

Chain is a 1.5x, 1x, or .5x damage multiplier depending on how many targets it hits per attack (assuming you go from 1hit to 3hits-with-chaining). Usually (but not always) you will hit all three times for a fancy "50% more damage" multiplier.

For a given attack, you roll crit. The thing you are comparing is 3 chain-hits v. 1 non-chain-hit, not 3 chain-hits v. 3 non-chain-hits. If anything, it makes your damage more spiky, but it doesn't suddenly give you damage out of nowhere.

X = "All hits generated from an critical attack are crits"
Assume 50% crit rate.

In the world of !X (back in 2011, before chain existed):
- 1/8th chance to get 3 hits
- 3/8th chance to get 1 crit, 2 hits
- 3/8th chance to get 2 crits, 1 hit
- 1/8th chance to get 3 crits

In the world of X (current):
- 1/2 chance to get 3 hits
- 1/2 chance to get 3 crits

---

I mean, it does make more, smaller hits, and if you're already 1hitting stuff, then you want more, smaller hits to take out more enemies per attack. But that's not what I would call "exponential".
Last edited by pneuma on Jun 6, 2014, 6:00:43 PM
please update the unique item list for descent champion
IGN: OP_Split
GMT +8
"
pneuma wrote:
How is that exponential...?

Chain is a 1.5x, 1x, or .5x damage multiplier depending on how many targets it hits per attack (assuming you go from 1hit to 3hits-with-chaining). Usually (but not always) you will hit all three times for a fancy "50% more damage" multiplier.

For a given attack, you roll crit. The thing you are comparing is 3 chain-hits v. 1 non-chain-hit, not 3 chain-hits v. 3 non-chain-hits. If anything, it makes your damage more spiky, but it doesn't suddenly give you damage out of nowhere.

X = "All hits generated from an critical attack are crits"
Assume 50% crit rate.

In the world of !X (back in 2011, before chain existed):
- 1/8th chance to get 3 hits
- 3/8th chance to get 1 crit, 2 hits
- 3/8th chance to get 2 crits, 1 hit
- 1/8th chance to get 3 crits

In the world of X (current):
- 1/2 chance to get 3 hits
- 1/2 chance to get 3 crits

---

I mean, it does make more, smaller hits, and if you're already 1hitting stuff, then you want more, smaller hits to take out more enemies per attack. But that's not what I would call "exponential".

youre being too literal. chain will vastly increase your overall damage output for skils like LA and power siphon against pack sizes greater than 2.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
I noticed the Saffell's frame was legacy, here's a non-legacy one.

Good memories from closed beta: http://imgur.com/D2eSfYL - Damn fine chest.
May nullsFaith from closed beta safely rest in GGG's backups ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info