Unique Item List - 300 of 419

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Just had Acton's Nightmare map drop for me for the first time......in a sewer map an hour ago.

Just tried out the map, and my experience was exquisite. The idea that the mobs slowly revive in time, made it more challenging to explore the map, I could not take a break until I kill the boss, well in this case, duo bosses. Also, the song sent chills down my spine, it made me wonder how tough the two unique bosses would be. Overall, I really enjoyed it.

I am glad this unique map was made as well The Coward's Trail, which was fairly intense at the end, but I did survive the last intense wave. The last unique map I have not tried yet was Maelstrom of Chaos, and I am waiting for it to drop one day.

I chanced it! One of the coolest things that I have ever done in this game. Its probably the best unique map currently in the game.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 24, 2013, 8:25:21 AM
"
Sony_Black wrote:
"
FaceLicker wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
For a bit of historical information, Facelicker was the very first person to to find a unique item in Closed Beta.
For clarification - There were uniques prior to the current list, which began in 0.9.3, that are no longer in the game and who knows exactly who found the first one that long ago. I was not even the first person to find a unique item in 0.9.3. The first was a player who went by the name MrCheerios(or something like that) and he found himself a Redbeak on Hillock's dead body. But.. I was the first to ninja find Kaom's Primacy.

I loved that axe. Everytime someone mentioned unique items in general chat, I would link that axe. Everytime someone mentioned 2h axes, I would link that axe. Everytime I logged on, I would link that axe. Apparently I linked the axe so much that there was a little game made out of it in the GGG office.

As to why am I no longer updating? I've got a lot going on and I've just not the energy to do it anymore. I've been updating the thread for nearly 2 years, I feel like taking a break.

Big thanks to ignarsoll for taking the thread off my hands!

Just bough a Kaom's primacy yesterday :D
I decided to try out a lighning strike Ranger focused on the projectile of LS and i wanted to go with 2-handed axes for this char.
I've recently found Limbsplit and The blood reaper and noticed that Kaom's would be a quite nice late game weapon for my plans. After seeing that i can use unique axes for nearly the whole game i decided to get myself a Reaper's pursuit as well so i can literally use only unique axes the whole time (and Reapers seems like a great switch weapon with a skill linked to rarity and quantity to finish off rares/bosses even later)

I ended up starting a 2H Axe character shortly after 0.11 was released. I was actually playing in a perm-alloc group a little bit after the release and had someone in my group alert me a Unique had dropped behind that no one else could pick up, it was a high-rolled Koam's Primacy.

Ended up buying a Limbsplit/Reaper's Pursuit to run Axes while levelling for fun. I was able to 1-shot almost everything with Limbsplit up until like level ~30, and I switched to Reaper's at level 33 and ran that to level 58. Those Axes are glorious.

Primacy is pretty fun too. Ended up semi-retiring my character in the late 60s because I got bored, but it was fun while it lasted. And I found a second Primacy while playing him too lol.

Anyway, much thanks to Facelicker for maintaining the old thread. The post-update Unique rush and post-unique theorycrafting has to be some of my favourite aspects of this game.

Best of luck to the new OP.
tag
I notice the uniques present/uniques found didn't transfer over. There a reason for that?

Think it was at 169/169.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
"
Trapperkeeper wrote:
Think it was at 169/169.

166/166
Just wanted to comment on Bringer after playing a while with it - a superb unique item, so far my favorite. The only thing I think was missed with the design is 10% chance to gain endurance on block. I have 75% block, so that's 7,5% chance to gain endurance on taking a hit, and it's barely noticable in practice (using a cylone on my build). If the chance was 20%, the helmet would be just right I think.

Still, a great unique. Costed my 3 exalts, but was worth it.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jul 26, 2013, 2:40:59 PM
I've had the unique item thread pinned on my chrome for a while, thanks a ton to Facelicker, hopefully this thread stays for another 2 years :)
Good memories from closed beta: http://imgur.com/D2eSfYL - Damn fine chest.
May nullsFaith from closed beta safely rest in GGG's backups ;)
"
Odoakar wrote:
Just wanted to comment on Bringer after playing a while with it - a superb unique item, so far my favorite. The only thing I think was missed with the design is 10% chance to gain endurance on block. I have 75% block, so that's 7,5% chance to gain endurance on taking a hit, and it's barely noticable in practice (using a cylone on my build). If the chance was 20%, the helmet would be just right I think.

There is only one type of mob in the game at the moment that will proc endurance charges for you in no time with BoR, and it is the tentacle miscreation mob that shoots out thorn projectiles at you in crazy amount.

Edit: Remembered the name of the mob.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 26, 2013, 5:10:02 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:

Completely agree. The helm is superb but the endurance charge on block barely works at all even if you have max block. Not sure if that was intended or what.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Completely agree. The helm is superb but the endurance charge on block barely works at all even if you have max block. Not sure if that was intended or what.

I think it is intended. It gives you a chance to proc endurance charges when you block. You would have higher chance to proc endurance charges if you have max block then being around 25-40% block chance. Of course, you can still be unlucky to proc them. But, like I said on my previous post, only the tentacle miscreation mob gives you higher chance to proc endurance charges at a higher rate.

Otherwise, just stick to Enduring Cry to get your charges up.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jul 26, 2013, 5:13:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info