My First Rip

"
Olechranon wrote:
about lvl 2 against haldrake
My first tempest toon has just died. Almost lvl 40 marauder killed in the last stage of dominus, damn my 6 years old PC; died in a freeze. I guess I'll be happy enough playing warbands, 'cause I know I can't beat dominus even in normal until I upgrade this steam powered piece of wood.
Level 73 Marauder. 2 handed spectral throw. Very tanky, 11 passives in life leech, facetanking Malachai on Cruel or Merci Dominus.

Died to Opening a stongbox in lvl 70 map.
3 packs of champion mobs, exile and lightning storm on the box.

Opening it lagged a little, because the packs were the little shooting crabs that spawn in huge packs, also the little seawitches spawns, basically 80% of screen was cowered with monsters after opening the box. After the little lag I was on low life, managed to hit all my instaheal pots to full life, but as I stood in the middle of screen covered with monsters, half of them blue ranged monsters and the exile happened to be Solaria who cursed me with proj weakness, I was already under shock buff form the storm, so I end up being stun locked from all the projectiles, I couldn't do anything. I was trying to leap jump away, the first "OMG im going to die" leap jump I of course clicked outside of its allowed range, so the idiot tried to walk 2 steps instead of jumping, that didn't went well of course. Then I managed to click the leapjump inside its performable range 17-30 times, but nothing happened, every time I tried to perform the attack it got interrupted. All I managed was to stand there look at how my life goes to 10% in 1 second, then all the way up after hitting pots. Then die after my pots went empty.

In retrospec, maybe if I didn't try to run away but instead start attacking I'd probably be able to tank that situation as well. But my HC instinct always tells me to run away as the first thing to do after opening a strongbox. Remove curse flask would have helped also I think.
My original account Dushan is banned.
I miss my Kiwi and Demigod's Presence.
:(
By reading any of Duchan's forum posts you agree to the following Duchan forum posts Terms of Use:
http://i.imgur.com/tmkhs22.png
Last edited by Duchan on Aug 21, 2015, 1:07:43 AM
Hey, FullBlownDaddy here. His first death, he was lvl 29. Alt-tab to firefox to google something about poe, go back to screen 10min later forgot he was still in a map with mobs and got killed.

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
I commend OP and others who manually Alt-F4 ... better than those 'macro-users'(auto-log's out)
My rips in tempest league

1) PC rebooted during cruel malachai --> dead, level 62
2) PC rebooted during spider lair map --> dead, level 73
3) "Let's facetank this volatile iceblood giant skeleton with 40% cold resist" BOOM dead

Mt veeeeeery first death was in OB two years ago, Cruel Hilrake two-hitted me, i had 10% cold res iirc :D
- enter zone
- loading screen
- loaded to death msg

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
1. Invasion league, stupidly tanky melee marauder, cruel Dominus Touch of God on shocked ground Lesson: don't facetank easily avoidable damage.

2. Invasion league, stupidly tanky melee marauder, insta-death to stupidly overpowered Invasion boss in Cruel. Lesson: don't play a new hardcore league in the first week.

3. Vanilla Hardcore, armour/block tank, leveling merciless docks, picked too many shield nodes too early and had only 2800 HP, blue incinerate dog pack melted me. Lessons: hitpoints first, block/evasion after, don't try to flask through damage which is dropping your hitpoints really quickly.

4. Vanilla Hardcore, same armour/block tank, high hitpoints, block/spell block legacy Bringer of Rain and Aegis Aurora, extremely tanky. Level 77 map with tough mods, open strongbox (no need to run away, I tank everything), spawns 3 magic packs + Beyond boss, screen freeze, dead. Lesson: no matter how tanky you are, the moment you think "I cannot die" is the moment you'll die.

5. Tempest, cast on crit wander, level 70-something, got raped by rogue exile in level 70 map. Lesson: don't play cast on crit wanders in HC, I guess?

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 21, 2015, 5:46:48 AM
My first Merciless rip was back in Nemesis, somehow i made it to merc act 2 as a 2h-ST/HS marauder... then died to Thena Moga.
I didn't know what her skills were, got stunned/cursed and then 3x Viper Strike'd and died to the degen.. :D

Most stupid rip was in the 1M torment/BL league, i was in my first map, decided to facetank the Chaos version of the Living Blood with -60 chaos res.
d:-D*
lvl 81 tempest easy map open box freez to death
lvl <40 malachia normal tempest ask for kill because my computer cant handle it, he enter i dc log again he leave and i enter for check if the boss still there freez to death, quit and waiting for next league
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info