My First Rip

For a little backstory, I started out playing softcore and my first character was a physical cleave duelist. As you can tell I din't know what I was doing and he got to lvl 71 died around 200 times. Then me and my friends did the one week race and i was hooked the thrill of knowing you can't die is amazing. So now that all I play is hardcore but suck at it I thought I might as well try onslaught out. Now I have had people die at about lvl 2 against haldrake or lvl 25 against piety but I don't really count those as it takes so little time to relevel that.

But yesterday my lvl 72 Lighting Strike duelists rip'd. Was in the docks found a rare had slow aura and lesser projectiles was hard to kill but I was tanking him with my ruby and granite flasks he was about 3/4ths dead and I run into a blue mob and with little flasks left they shit on me my health went down insanely fast I tried to log out and I did without seeing the resurrect but my health looked empty and then when I logged back in there I was in standard.

So I would like to hear your first Rip or major Rip and where you were, level, and how it all went down. Maybe listening to your guys deaths will help me feel better.
Today I descend to God hood, and your death shall pave the way.

I once was in a tight spot somewhere in a 66 map where I wanted to disconnect. I didnt press excape though. My motot skills failed me big time, as I pressed the power-button. My laptop took a nap, while sending me to standard :>. Ever since that moment my power button has no 'power' anymore :P
PM - Theyo

Can't guarantee forum activity, so keep on trying to find me online.
Level 50ish summoner witch against cruel Piety. Suddenly all my minions were dead and I got literally one-shotted by Piety's ice arrow.

It was my first hardcore char ever and I was kinda sad at the time but I decided to reroll and get tankier :D
Diablo II veteran playing the REAL successor.
My most recent RIP was my 76 (1 bar from 77) freeze-pulser Shadow in Onslaught.

I solo'd the entire way up and had been farming merci docks for a couple of days with a few maps here and there until my gear strengthened.

I decided to try running IIQ+IIR gear in CityOfSarn and was doing fine. Perpetus was easy etc etc.
Then my first horrendous desync death occured. i was just running to the WP for a zone-reset with about 2 whirling-blade mobs on me and BOOM. 2 screens back and about 10-12 things attacking me.

Its actually the first time i have EVER really been annoyed when playing a hardcore-option in any game. I even did the "im taking a few days off" message to some friends.

Tomorrow arrived and i sat at my computer not wanting to load any other game except PoE. I sat, battling my inner-PoE-Devil and then i double clicked the icon.

FFS why did i have to be a HC player :(
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
Trying to log out in the face of danger, you people should be ashamed of yourself.
Either be quick and use a TP or face it like a man and die.

Only acceptable use of Alt+F4 etc. for me is when for example you are in a empty room no flasks left and you get viper striked again and again with no monster in sight.

Btw. My first HC death was with my viper strike shadow because I was careless in the sewers in merciless.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Jul 18, 2013, 10:41:12 AM
Alt-F4 wouldnt help you there :p

Not that i even mentioning logging-out but why are people so concerned with what others get up2. It doesnt affect you, let em do it without being judged by those who choose not to.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
My most Hl death was a shadow 81 with a ek built.
i learn how elemntal dmg and stack shock can be fatal, especially on a map with -res affix :)

i run 100+ res since to avoid this :D
My first real death was @ Barracks on Normal. 10% Light res and 2 totems to helped the Mages to 2 shot me from off screen.

Best thing about HC is that you learn quickly from your mistakes and learn to prep for almost everything. the worst thing is that mistake can be costly.

"
Zanixx wrote:
My most recent RIP was my 76 (1 bar from 77) freeze-pulser Shadow in Onslaught.

I solo'd the entire way up and had been farming merci docks for a couple of days with a few maps here and there until my gear strengthened.

I decided to try running IIQ+IIR gear in CityOfSarn and was doing fine. Perpetus was easy etc etc.
Then my first horrendous desync death occured. i was just running to the WP for a zone-reset with about 2 whirling-blade mobs on me and BOOM. 2 screens back and about 10-12 things attacking me.

Its actually the first time i have EVER really been annoyed when playing a hardcore-option in any game. I even did the "im taking a few days off" message to some friends.

Tomorrow arrived and i sat at my computer not wanting to load any other game except PoE. I sat, battling my inner-PoE-Devil and then i double clicked the icon.

FFS why did i have to be a HC player :(

Hurry up and re-level so you can Map with me :P
My first RIP was my level 76 fire witch in Hardcore. She went to Lunaris temple to get a Tentacle Miscreation spectre and got 1-hit by Kole (before his damage was nerfed in a recent patch). She had 4700 HP and Shield total.

It was a sad day indeed. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth...
First and only death was my first character I made Since joining in OB. I had done everything rather easy until then and was aiming for a ci build later in the game. Because of this I tried to be cheap and add as few life nodes as I could figuring if I could just beat piety I could do ledge and felshire until respecing. This would save respec points and allow for faster lving since I added to more dps nodes early.

I was in a group and we had her down to 1/3 life. I was killing a red portal when lighting came down and took all my shield which was 25% of my life. I figured I would finish the red portal and my es would reg. Right before killing the portal she tp'd through it and began none stop charging me. I pot'd both health and speed and started running. I had not found a granite yet and should have bought one because it would have saved my life. 4 charges in a row in a matter of about 2 seconds and I was died. I should have took a tp in the corner of the room but everything went so fast from her tping and charging me I just tried to run and live hoping she would switch targets or shift out of flame charge. LV 58 slain lol
Last edited by Malzarius on Jul 18, 2013, 11:53:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info