Why does hardcore have a loot transfer loophole and why no deletion on death?

"
Axebane wrote:
"
Erevos wrote:
Well... HC players are playing HC for the realistic aspect of it, so its a bit lame after you die to leave in the default league, the feeling of the permanent lose of your char/build/items is the essence of Hardcore.

As for the "delete your char after the death" again it makes you feel like you are making a suicide not that you died in a glorious battle...

my 2 cents.

Yes, but removing a hardcore character and all it's items and skill gems from the hardcore league permanently is like death. Gear is so important in this game, and all that gear is gone from hardcore forever.

Think of Default league as the afterlife. You are dead and can never return to hardcore, but you still exist in an separate afterlife.

Interesting comparison xD
...narf
"
Axebane wrote:
"
Erevos wrote:
Well... HC players are playing HC for the realistic aspect of it, so its a bit lame after you die to leave in the default league, the feeling of the permanent lose of your char/build/items is the essence of Hardcore.

As for the "delete your char after the death" again it makes you feel like you are making a suicide not that you died in a glorious battle...

my 2 cents.

Yes, but removing a hardcore character and all it's items and skill gems from the hardcore league permanently is like death. Gear is so important in this game, and all that gear is gone from hardcore forever.

Think of Default league as the afterlife. You are dead and can never return to hardcore, but you still exist in an separate afterlife.

exactly, knowing that there is "afterlife" you don't fear the death as you should, sure you lose things but you can obtain them again, even better ones.
"
Erevos wrote:

exactly, knowing that there is "afterlife" you don't fear the death as you should, sure you lose things but you can obtain them again, even better ones.

I know plenty of people who 'know' (a belief to a point of simply not questioning) there's an afterlife who are still terrified of death. It's more than just the idea that there's something after death. It's leaving that other world behind. You cannot go back. Not as you were, anyway.

Default will remain the parent league, not so much an afterlife as that ocean into which the rivers and estuaries drain.

It's much harder to be the big fish there.

Finally, there's a sort of humiliation in PoE's HC death experience. The few times I've been through it, it's like being kicked out of an exclusive club, which in and of itself wasn't really any better than anywhere else, but for the fact that you were able to stay there where others cannot.

To divorce the HC mentality from curious little psychological quirks like that is to entirely miss the point. HC is about willpower and dedication. And I think if you have that willpower and dedication to play it, and play it seriously, you have enough to delete that character once its purpose is lost and it's been relegated to the default league. It is, as others have pointed out, effectively dead.

In essence, the willpower exerted to play HC and the willpower exerted to *return* to HC as a level 1 character even though you don't have to (you can play your level XX character in default) is exactly the same thing.

If you don't have that willpower, either to survive or to self-impose a condition of defeat and start over, then perhaps the hardcore league isn't for you.

I find it ironic that people say PoE's hardcore league isn't hardcore enough, because your character doesn't 'really die'.

I'm sorry, you think that the game automatically deleting the character for you when you die in hardcore is less hardcore than you having to do it for yourself? That it takes more willpower to let the game deliver the killing blow to your FAILURE than to inflict it on yourself?

Self-punishment will always be more hardcore than punishment inflicted by others. Always.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
it never ceases to amaze me how people really will find anything to whine about.

system is fine.

Also, why do people think Hardcore takes some sort of skill in an online game?

A considerable number of hardcore deaths are from latency issues and completely out of your control. A great example of this were the mass hardcore killings on Diablo 3 thanks to massive lag spikes.

"
azrah wrote:
Well totally hardcore bro. If you don't like it then don't fucking use it. Don't play default. Complicated, I know.

Lol. If you'd read the thread, you would see that the OP effectively retracted his original post and now understands why POE's hardcore is just as hardcore as any other.

Good job.
None of those points are valid but Alt_F4 is. As long as people can chicken out of the game instantly there's no point in hardcore.
"
Rowsol wrote:
None of those points are valid but Alt_F4 is. As long as people can chicken out of the game instantly there's no point in hardcore.

Doesn't always work bro. I have died a few times even after alt-f4. I alt f4 because it hurts to lose a char to default because I find that default has a different feel to the community that I don't particularly like (probably the fact that trolling and immaturity is about ten times more common).

So I reroll and start again. I havn't played in a bit since the two week HC race. Got back into skyrim. I daresay I will start playing before OB.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info