Why does hardcore have a loot transfer loophole and why no deletion on death?

The penalty for dying in Hardcore is that you are kicked out of Hardcore. That's also how it works in Diablo on a mechanical level.

And as for muling, who would do that? It's much less risky to farm softcore if you want items for softcore.
Last edited by BurnOutBrighter on Aug 18, 2012, 7:21:55 AM
The economies are slightly different because of the way people change game play for survivability.
"Minions of your minions are your minion's minions, not your minions." - Mark
I think that's pretty cool, especially when you can play short ladder races, where instead of throwing away everything you might have been lucky with a quality gem during that event, and you can keep using it either in Hardcore or Default.

eg.

Hardcore race > find something nice > Hardcore stash

As for Default, when your character dies, it's nice to be able to see their stats, gear, and perhaps test different gear strategies or skills in Default to figure out what went wrong or what you could change on your next HC character.

Does anyone complaining about "soft death" so far actually plays Hardcore as their favorite game mode?
Is there not an xp penalty for dying in softcore? I guess that is not what the op meant.

"
sithren wrote:
Is there not an xp penalty for dying in softcore? I guess that is not what the op meant.

Yes, we in 'coward' DO have xp penalties. Just not in the Normal difficulty. Once you move beyond normal, there are penalties.

The only difference between Default and Hardcore is that we start in Default, you end there.
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Aug 18, 2012, 1:50:29 PM
Nevertheless, I see a hole here. You can obtain a great item in HC and another player in SC can get the item. He just has to create a HC character, and meet with the HC player who has the item (starting area). Now the new char kills himself, gets transfered to SC and voila ... he has the item.

Personally, I think this shouldn't be allowed. HC items should stay in HC.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
exorzist wrote:
Nevertheless, I see a hole here. You can obtain a great item in HC and another player in SC can get the item. He just has to create a HC character, and meet with the HC player who has the item (starting area). Now the new char kills himself, gets transfered to SC and voila ... he has the item.

It becomes a moot point when there are no items in HC that can not be gotten within Default. It would be no different than one Default player trading for the same item from another Default player.

...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Aug 18, 2012, 1:50:16 PM
"
exorzist wrote:

It's not a loophole. GGG have explained it like this: Every league other than Default league will have a greater challenge. None of the bonus leagues will make the game easier, they will make the game harder. So any items that are brought from those leagues into Default were actually harder to obtain than the rest of the Default items.

So it's not a loophole. It's actually a drawback. Anything you have in hardcore is more valuable there than in Default.
Well... HC players are playing HC for the realistic aspect of it, so its a bit lame after you die to leave in the default league, the feeling of the permanent lose of your char/build/items is the essence of Hardcore.

As for the "delete your char after the death" again it makes you feel like you are making a suicide not that you died in a glorious battle...

my 2 cents.
"
Erevos wrote:
Well... HC players are playing HC for the realistic aspect of it, so its a bit lame after you die to leave in the default league, the feeling of the permanent lose of your char/build/items is the essence of Hardcore.

As for the "delete your char after the death" again it makes you feel like you are making a suicide not that you died in a glorious battle...

my 2 cents.

Yes, but removing a hardcore character and all it's items and skill gems from the hardcore league permanently is like death. Gear is so important in this game, and all that gear is gone from hardcore forever.

Think of Default league as the afterlife. You are dead and can never return to hardcore, but you still exist in an separate afterlife.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info