Why does hardcore have a loot transfer loophole and why no deletion on death?

This is very frustrating. Hardcore is hardcore. There is no cop out, there is no special treatment, this is balls to the walls 24/7. Why are we even allowed transfer to softcore league to begin with? This brings hardcore league's value down. There is no real penalty to dying in hardcore.

You can play softcore all you want, die, and continue playing without penalty.

You can die in hardcore once, get transferred to softcore, die all you want and play without penalty.

You can play hardcore, stuff your mule full of valuable loot, kill him intentionally and get loot into softcore. Where is the sink here? Why is this even allowed?

I just don't understand the philosophy behind this. What is the purpose of this system?
The philosophy behind this is to get more people into playing hardcore or at least to try it.

For hardcore player it doesn't really matter if your character is gone forever or transfered to default, because you make a new character right away and forget about your failed attempt (I delete those died HC characters).

To bring intentionally good loot from HC to default you have to play HC first for a while to have good stuff to begin with. Not really something which gets you a advantage, because there isn't a increased drop rate or anything like that.
"@mfqxCdudknodq".map(_ + 1 toChar)
"
The philosophy behind this is to get more people into playing hardcore or at least to try it.

For hardcore player it doesn't really matter if your character is gone forever or transfered to default, because you make a new character right away and forget about your failed attempt (I delete those died HC characters).

To bring intentionally good loot from HC to default you have to play HC first for a while to have good stuff to begin with. Not really something which gets you a advantage, because there isn't a increased drop rate or anything like that.

I guess I understand. Maybe I'm just being too nostalgic and am resisting change.
there is no loophole in this? hardcore doesn't get any bonuses that the coward... I mean default league doesn't.

For true hardcore players moving to co.. default league is just as bad as death and in no way does the system cheapen it for people who only play hardcore.

However for the people testing out hardcore it is more like this.

Hardcore is simply a badge of honour which you lose when you die nothing more nothing less, nothing is gained or lost. The equipment they have they worked just as hard for(or probably harder considering they had to prioritize survival and trading is harder). There is no loop hole it's not as if being in hardcore just gives you 10 uniques for the hell of it.

If any thing I prefer this system as a hardcore only player as it encourages new people to experiment on hardcore to see if they like it. I know I wouldn't have even tried hardcore if this system wasn't in place.
IGN --- Grizdale
"
Grizdale wrote:
snip

Maybe it will make more people play hardcore. I'm just used to the old days. I shouldn'tve even made the topic >.> I get into those gungho moods when I don't like change and want to go on a crusade piking people's heads.
I keep seeing these threads crop up all over the place. What exactly is so hard with just deleting your character yourself after you die?
Do you really lack the willpower to do it? Like if there is an option to not do it, you won't be able to resist?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
in the unique compendium thread there are some uniques that say 'hardcore league' under them. were these just found in hardcore or are they hardcore only? if theres hardcore only items then yeah obviously theres a problem with this change. if not, then i like it.
"
Float wrote:
in the unique compendium thread there are some uniques that say 'hardcore league' under them. were these just found in hardcore or are they hardcore only? if theres hardcore only items then yeah obviously theres a problem with this change. if not, then i like it.

It says hardcore because they are found in hardcore.
We have nothing in hardcore what default players don't have.
We don't get special uniques, we don't get increased drops and we don't get more experience.

The only difference is, when you die you get kicked out of hardcore. That's it.
"@mfqxCdudknodq".map(_ + 1 toChar)
Last edited by AngryDeveloper on Aug 18, 2012, 5:19:32 AM
I like the system. I otherwise would have never touched hardcore, but now I am starting there. Not just because of losing your character, but because of the online aspect of it. I don't know where online problems rank in terms of HC deaths, I imagine it's rather high up though.

This system allows your epeen to extend with your hardcore levels, while giving others better options to dabble in it.

Not many win/win situations in life, I'd say this is one of them.
"
This is very frustrating. Hardcore is hardcore. There is no cop out, there is no special treatment, this is balls to the walls 24/7. Why are we even allowed transfer to softcore league to begin with? This brings hardcore league's value down. There is no real penalty to dying in hardcore.

You can play softcore all you want, die, and continue playing without penalty.

You can die in hardcore once, get transferred to softcore, die all you want and play without penalty.

You can play hardcore, stuff your mule full of valuable loot, kill him intentionally and get loot into softcore. Where is the sink here? Why is this even allowed?

I just don't understand the philosophy behind this. What is the purpose of this system?

Well totally hardcore bro. If you don't like it then don't fucking use it. Don't play default. Complicated, I know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info