Items for real money

"
What if someone trades you a book for an items in a game. Is that a bannable offense? What If I give someone an item and then later he buys me a pizza? Or if he gives me 20 dollars for the explicit use of buying the aforementioned pizza.

There's just too many variables to keep a track of to find out what people are doing and what they are thinking when they do it.

You can't filter all but you can prevent common virtual currencies.
lol poor guys here. if there is any kind of money to be made, items will get sold on 3rd party sites. all the talk you all do here is not gonna stop it. sorry just truth had to kick in eventually for you guys
"
cheeseheads wrote:
lol poor guys here. if there is any kind of money to be made, items will get sold on 3rd party sites. all the talk you all do here is not gonna stop it. sorry just truth had to kick in eventually for you guys

I am sorry to quote you but in all honestly theres a fine line between approving this or rejecting this.

rmha is the cancer of d3, majority can agree on that i think, on different degree. The main side-effect it cause is, basicly, all connected player are now potential real money seller. Nice isn't it? The big problem i have with that philosophy, is that all the good drops in the game (not just botters) are gonna end up selling for real money. Side market will always exist for any game, but when a game "allow" or "promote/help" this kind of system, it's shotting itself in their own foot.

Personnaly, buying item directly (not inside a trade environment) is for me the worse kind of cheating - up close to a "god" exploit on my list.
"
Romonaga wrote:
This issue was addressed on the last Open Beta weekend. I forget who was on, I think the main GGG person.

He was asked about buying and selling. He said, they have no issue with it and they do not intend on trying to stop it. So yes, a real world market will exists just outside of the game.

[citation needed]
As mentioned before Chris and the devs really don't like it. Chris doesn't even like d2jsp :(

"
_Lokken wrote:
I quite enjoy Diablo 3

The RMAH has had no adverse effect on my gameplay or my enjoyment of the game.

I think people just like to whine and bitch about stuff that doesn't actually affect them.

PvP is about the only arena I could see this being a 'legit' concern and there really isn't any point in hoping or asking GGG to do anything because there really isn't a way to stop it.

If there is a demand for it, a market will provide it.

EDIT

_____

I think it will affect PoE even less just due to all of the ladder events they plan to run. Its a clean wipe every time so it really only affects the long term default/hardcore lagues and those aren't really 'competitive'.

Anyone who loved d1-d2 and played them hates d3. It does not belong to the ``diablo`` series
Last edited by neroscapegod on Aug 19, 2012, 11:14:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info