0.11.2 Patch Notes

"
thenewapollo wrote:
"
JNF wrote:
"
Good morning. The kiddies still crying?

I've skimmed through several of your ignorant, useless posts, but this one I'm going to reply to...

You mention the 'kiddies crying', but you're too ignorant to acknowledge one simple piece of common sense: CI users need cushion to take big hits, whereas life users have armor/evasion (or in some cases both) and then can use granites/evasion flasks in addition to that base armor/evasion. I can hit 24k armor on my summoner witch at level 80, and that isn't even stacking an absurd amount of armor. My vitality based, summoner witch's gear is entirely self found, save for the helm that I picked up for 2 chaos (+2 minions, 90+ life, rarity, life regen). I run IR on that witch and yes, I have the minimum amount of dex required to run IR. Now take this example: I make a summoner witch that uses CI instead and in order to get my minions 'up close and personal 'with the enemy (to actually trigger the UI for them to actually attack, rather than standing there and being useless meat shields), I still have to play aggressively and charge at that enemy myself to steer the minions. But now, instead of having 3k health and 24k armor with my granite/evasion bonus adrenaline flask, I now have a large es pool instead with a fraction of the armor. What are the odds of my being stunned/1-shotted with a reduced es pool available?...Much greater than before. Again, as several others have addressed, and you have so conveniently chosen to ignore, the issue is not with CI being 'op', so much as a small percentage of the top-tier players having absurd gear and being able to abuse a core function of ES (ghost reaver and low-life Shav's builds primarily). But go on, continue making ignorant posts in a vulgar attempt to refute an irrefutable bit of common sense.

This patch did affect diversity in a negative fashion and also made ES gear pieces near worthless, unless they've got absurdly high rolls on them. I wonder how many casual players will remake their characters into life-based characters or simply become disheartened and move on to other venues after these changes?

please sell me some high es gear, i feel i need it more than ever since my 3xx dex became moderately useless.

Gladly, do you have about 10 exalts for that 5L, 800 ES Vaal Regalia armour? Don't sweat it, neither do I...
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jul 16, 2013, 3:36:43 PM
Nerfing makes people mad. Why nerf? If people are rolling through content too easily then make content harder but don't keep removing weights from one side of the scale to only find its tipping the other way. This is a way to lose player base. People play these types of games to see their character get stronger as time goes on. Nerfing makes people feel like they are pissing uphill in the wind.
"
Argdel wrote:
Nerfing makes people mad. Why nerf? If people are rolling through content too easily then make content harder but don't keep removing weights from one side of the scale to only find its tipping the other way. This is a way to lose player base. People play these types of games to see their character get stronger as time goes on. Nerfing makes people feel like they are pissing uphill in the wind.

Or make more content? But it's probably easier to nerf than to make content, optimize graphic engine, resolve desync issues, players stuck in walls (or stuck in Brutus, as Kripp did!)...
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on Jul 16, 2013, 3:48:30 PM
"
Argdel wrote:

it may disappoint you but until game release there are more bigger changes to come.
and balancing can be done by nerfing or boosting things. nerfing is more fun though as it makes the game harder and challenging. who wants to play an easy game? i'm definitely not.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
I dont understand what the point is of having all these one-handed and shield passives in the ranger tree when its clearly not supported gem wise. Unless you want to have fun mono-targeting every enemy and leveling to 70 in the next 6 years, goodluck with that.

Am I missing something, or do you guys just love wandering into other class trees? Honestly, I'd like to go purist for a change and have that work rather than being forced into another tree to get what I need.

Ranger is dex based and should be using a bow, why waste points on strength and intelligence and have your build break later when they raise the cap? Not a very good system.
I <3 this patch. So much QQ, its glorious!

As ever, people come out of the wood works to complain before bothering to adapt.

Edit: I think it's finally time to start a pure EV, Acro, Shield Block Ranger :D Been dying to try out Frenzy Multistrike for some insane AS.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jul 16, 2013, 4:14:15 PM
"
Qarl wrote:
Version 0.11.2

Passive Tree Balance:
  • Damage While Dual Wielding passives near the Duelist increased from 6% to 8%.

Which nodes is this about? The ones in the Duality cluster?
Great news :).
Thank you GGG!.
CASUAL GAMER
"
Argdel wrote:

Weakening the character is the same as making the monsters stronger for any sensible person.
Yes same effect but you don't feel like your stats are moving backwards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info