"Map to Maker" changes in Patch 0.11.2

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
WUlf1337 wrote:
I am so glad I can finally concentrate on the game, effects and play more relaxed, than trying to ninja (and I was ninjaing very good). Dont know how anyone can say, perm allco was a wrong decision, when there is still the old system + an ffa option for the ultra ninjas out there. Wtf do you want more?
Neither. I agree that having huge disparities in loot preferences between players is not a good thing; however, that doesn't mean I support a change that almost totally eliminates loot preferences between players. That's why I mentioned the matchmaking system as an example of an appropriate fix.

The thing people fail to understand is that how you fix a problem is important. There is such a thing as fixing things the wrong way, which hold the potential for disaster because the "improvement" gets a lot of support for being "better" than things used to be. Normally these are changes where a certain practice is almost completely eliminated, like non-permanent allocation in PoE or face-to-face trading in Diablo 3. Permanent allocation didn't fix loot tension, it amputated it. It's something we should have kept and fixed properly.

This. This man gets it.
Chris, thanks for all the hard work as usual.
Sounds like a great patch and looking forward to it.

My real issue with this game right now is that I barely see a public group for maps. Heck all I see are: WTS, WTB, and spamming rmah websites, and maybe a few real groups. I think this needs to be addressed quickly.
"
exit_zero wrote:
"
Evantis wrote:
"
exit_zero wrote:

This would be nice.

Would you sir turn it off even once, while creating map for other people?
Completely unnecessary.

Yes, I would have it off 99% of the time while burning through 66 maps for example. You wouldn't? Where else are lower level players supposed to get a starting map pool?

Same, at times I see more public parties for "66 maps" then all other parties combined, and all of them have like 1-3 people in them. Nobody wants to do 66 maps anymore when they can't get jack shit, people smartened up farm Lunaris instead.

If I had an option, I would turn m2m off, and actually try to burn through those 30+ 66s with a full party.
"
Melkrow wrote:
Same, at times I see more public parties for "66 maps" then all other parties combined, and all of them have like 1-3 people in them. Nobody wants to do 66 maps anymore when they can't get jack shit, people smartened up farm Lunaris instead.

If I had an option, I would turn m2m off, and actually try to burn through those 30+ 66s with a full party.

Exactly. Created more problems than it's worth.
=)
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
From what I posted in the ranger's starting tree forum post about the new nodes we see in the screenshot.

"
SaranCadrey wrote:
Just speculating on the screenshot of the early revamped ranger starting area.

-Primal Spirit is the left most node and is flanked by increased mana nodes.

-Perfect Aim is at the top left connected with attack speed, projectile damage, and bow damage node paths.

-Opposite of Primal Spirit and located in the middle of the screenshot shows an unknown notable passive with the picture of what looks like a heart on a tree. I'm guessing this might be something like 'Heart of the Oak/Forest' and might give similar buffs to what Primal Spirit does but is applied to life, life regen as well as life flask recovery increase and stats. This node is flanked by either 'avoid stun' or 'stun recovery' passives, its hard to tell since both have the same node picture.

-Underneath these notable passives is an unknown notable passive that seems to be leading 7 different directions. Must be something good!

-At the top right is another new notable passive with the picture of a bird around the bow/projectile area. This might be something like 'Eagle Eye/Bird of Prey'.

-The middle right shows Heart of the Panther's new location and under that is Weapon Artistry, good locations for both.

-I'm guessing the path underneath Weapon Artistry is the Single Handed weapon path and both the duel-wield and single-handed damage nodes meet on the other side. This would mean that the notable passive at the bottom left gives some benefits to melee rangers alone.
That is a at notable!. Looking forward to respec.
Last edited by emilyek_1 on Jul 11, 2013, 9:05:43 PM
People complaining about public higher map groups..

I have run over 60 lvl 70-72 maps in the past 3 days all in public. And I intend to keep running these forever (Anarchy league)

There are people who do these maps for everyone to join. I admit not so many, but in 3 days i got around 25 people on my friends from these groups and now they PM me atleast 50 times a day asking if i want to join their 70+ groups.

The moral of this story?

Learn to socialize.
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
M2M changes were needed. Farm docks/catacombs/lunaris to get some maps. Or buy them. They are cheap as hell because no one wants 66-68 maps.

If anything, it will foster more public mapping. People will be more willing to put their maps in when they know 100% they'll be getting all the maps now (except uniques). They should have gone all the way and done M2M with uniques as well. And LOL at the people saying they won't "help others clear maps" if they can't get map drops. You never could get map drops. It was always M2M except for the asshole ninjas. You get to run maps for free while the owner is dumping his currency into rolling them.
Last edited by big_aug on Jul 11, 2013, 11:26:27 PM
Is there any chance that higher level maps will ever drop in non-map areas? Maybe up to level 68, since 69+ maps seem to be the most valuable?
I'm asking because I have never found a map higher than 66 in a 66 map, and I've run quite a few now. All but one were blue, and at least half were 25% or more. Unfortunately the map nerf came right at the time that I became able to find them. Finally, when my character turned 72 I broke down and bought some 67s and 68s and was able to find some 67s and 68s from them (still nothing higher than that). Limiting drops to level 66 makes it really hard for new players (who really don't have much in the way of currency) to build a map base.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info