(Aug 18 NZT) One-hour Cut-throat Event

"
Chris wrote:
"
Lord_Yoshi wrote:
Hey Chris, should the start time be a little after the 3 hour race instead of starting right as it ends? It doesn't have any prizes, true, but it may be good in the future.

I believe it's the day beforehand.

Why so it is. My mistake then.
Check out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/41078 and post there to support having solo-only and party-only event modes!
"
Chris wrote:
Duration: One hour

I hope you can extend the duration if the in-game players ask for it.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
So I'm fairly new to this game and have been playing with general chat off so far.

I have no idea what a Cut-throat event is, but from reading the original post I'm guessing it's a PvP league, similar to a contested area on PvP realms in WoW? Where you aren't safe from enemies outside of towns?

If anyone could help clarify this for me I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to try it out, although I'm only level 16 at the moment.
"
Monstrafex wrote:
So I'm fairly new to this game and have been playing with general chat off so far.

I have no idea what a Cut-throat event is, but from reading the original post I'm guessing it's a PvP league, similar to a contested area on PvP realms in WoW? Where you aren't safe from enemies outside of towns?

If anyone could help clarify this for me I'd really appreciate it. I'd love to try it out, although I'm only level 16 at the moment.

It is indeed a PvP league. The important details:
- You can see (and enter) other players' instances as well as your own via Ctrl-clicking the area entrance or relevant waypoint marker.
- Players who are not in your party are attackable.
- Dying results in all items other than flasks and gems being dropped on the ground, and an additional experience penalty (currently 30% of the player's progress towards their next level). If a player made the kill, that player gains the experience lost this way.
- As with other leagues, you cannot use previously created characters in it. You must create a new character explicitly in the league to participate.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
GL to all those competing today! I'll be thinking about how much fun you are having while I'm stuck in traffic on the way home from work.

Edit: Chris any chance of a longer term event soon? :)
Last edited by Vondum on Aug 17, 2012, 6:32:51 PM
How are rewards given out for cutthroat? In the hardcore race it's clearly outlined, but not here. Unless I missed something.
There are no rewards given from this league, it's just for fun and for testing. They didn't want rewards to affect the way people played I think.
feedback nr 1... sadly it seems cutthroat is not for me. had one nice combat, chose not to run away, got killed.. and there isnt really any fun way to continue. you have your skill gems but nothing to use them on. takes forever to find new items & by then you are hopelessly behind the hunters.
soo..
I had 15 minutes running around trying to find stuff

10 seconds combat vs a group

20 minutes running around naked or nearly so trying to find stuff again.

5 seconds combat tag teamed as I was coming back into a level (werent there a few secs invuln? )

soo.. total 15 seconds fun.
got bored, quit before end.Not playing it again in its current state.

what is needed is some way to get back in the fray, some minimal default items. start people in town not in the normal startup place we have seen 10000 times..or better yet start people on special maps, and not at level 1, but say 15 or so with some basic items. and when you die you should go back to the default items (easy way: put the items in the cutthroat stash.. use the old chaos level maps, but lower level. )

Regards.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
Played Solo,
5-6 nice duel with people as same level,
got in upper submerged passage
had 1 Ice wizard 4 level above me trying to gank me, had to run for my life,
3 minute later, 3 Player invade my place, Dead, no more equpiment, gg
Is there a way to see the ladder for a 1 hour event for each class separately?

I think there should at least be a /myladder that shows you YOUR position with 9 other people (whoever is around you on the ladder, whatever places they may be).
|____________ G . L . O . W . Y . R . M ____________|
< My PoE career highlight, Being beat by Throzz, hehe >
||||||\\\\\~ http://tinyurl.com/2ndPlaceToThrozz ~/////||||||

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info