(Aug 18 NZT) One-hour Cut-throat Event

Cut-throat ftw!
Man that stuff is bloody awesome!

Definitely need a permanent league, hardcore, cut-throat, oh jeezuzzzz make it happen please!

GG WP all, 10hrs and counting....
"Tangata ako ana i te whare, te turanga ki te marae, tau ana"
Kripp was #1 with twice as much experience as the guy below him. lol
Worst event I've played to date. All it is is people camping terraces - ledge with bear traps, bows, and feezing pulse, obviously these need to be fixed before having CTL's, add a level cap so a lvl 12+ can't enter agaisnt lvl 1-5's and just 1 shot them. Have a longer cutthroat so melee's can viabily have a fun time without spending 50 of the minutes to level up to have a fair chance and for the love of god do something about the horrible terraces - mud flats camping to keep people from doing a single thing.
Sadly I've found out rather quickly that this event is probably not for me too.

In the interest of feedback:

-Starting too late in the event, you may as well just stay in the camp and watch the player list.
:Level 2, went out, level 7 jumps in and 1 shots me.
Not really sure how to avoid something like that.

::EDIT OPEN::
"
Lord_Yoshi wrote:
To anyone whining about no equipment after death

Sorry my bad, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to bring bad feedback.
// REMOVED GEAR DROP FEEDBACK //
::EDIT CLOSE::

That's all I got, I didn't play it very long.
Like I said got into the event way too late. Was over before I really got anywhere.

I have no doubt that it's a blast if you get in at the start of the event though.
Last edited by Chisper on Aug 17, 2012, 9:17:51 PM
To anyone whining about no equipment after death: you're supposed to pick up a lot more equipment than normal. Also at a minimum go back at each waypoint you come across and deposit everything but one tp scroll. Most items offered in the shops go for 1 id scroll as well, so buy some essential stuff that you're missing there.
Check out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/41078 and post there to support having solo-only and party-only event modes!
Kripp chased me around the ledge for like 30 seconds or so before i was like damn he his hard! so I left. OH well, shadow sucks for these cut throat and now i know.
"
Lord_Yoshi wrote:
To anyone whining about no equipment after death: you're supposed to pick up a lot more equipment than normal. Also at a minimum go back at each waypoint you come across and deposit everything but one tp scroll. Most items offered in the shops go for 1 id scroll as well, so buy some essential stuff that you're missing there.

Ya i died 3 times one of them might be a bug i died between taking a portal and zoning into town. So i loaded into town at my portal naked lol.

But anyway ya you really need to stash everything you aren't using for a few lvls so you have backup gear in case you die. I was able to recover from my deaths and get some kills because i had that backup gear.
One thing I'm noticing is that the way to do well in this is to just go pve for the first 40 minutes. That gets you tons of exp and gear over everyone else, then you can just go back to earlier areas and slaughter everyone.

Also I did everyone a massive favor and invaded Chris's Ledge instance at the waypoint while he started at the entrance. Hopefully he now realizes the problem with loot timers giving away an invade.
Hardcore 4 life!
@GGG
If someone kills you, they should not be able to enter your instance a second time without waiting 5 minutes. The terraces should be private so people can find gear and level safely before entering a pvp area.

I had 2 witches chase me through every area. I had no xp or items after the first time they killed me and they couldn't catch me unless I let them. You die once and there is no way to play on if the same people are following you everywhere. After my first death I spent the rest of the half hour changing instances/areas and then getting chased around until I could leave again. It was near impossible to find gear before they rejoined my instance again.

I could have stored gear(I did have a small bit), but because I was being chased by the same two people at every instance/area, I would have eventually run out of gear and be in the same pickle.

Starting a new character is not an option because I would lose my levels and gems, then get hammered by higher ups.
Last edited by skateblind on Aug 17, 2012, 9:17:02 PM
I had more fun then the last time I did this event since I actually saved up a bunch of weapons for later since I knew I was probably going to die. I also left all of my extra currency items in the stash.

Its still no fun going up against a group when you play solo. I had 2 witches spam ice spells against me and I barely escaped. I had another group kill me. I had no chance at all of defeating them. I did have about 3-4 nice duels with other players.

I still don't see myself playing in a permanent league. There just isn't any incentive to keep on playing after you die a couple of times and its clear that the people who started before you have a gigantic advantage. I'm also sick of higher level people camping the beginning areas. It would be nice if there was a level cap for some of the areas. As it stands right now, unless you started at the beginning, you have a very low chance to advance farther than the first few areas.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info