(Aug 18 NZT) One-hour Cut-throat Event

Duration: One hour
Hardcore: No
Start time: 12noon NZ time, Saturday Aug 18 (5pm Friday Pacific Time)

There's also a cut-throat event at european times

There will be no prizes for this event. It's mostly a test and we want to get feedback of how it feels without prizes biasing behaviour.

Cut-throat Rules are:
  • This is a separate short-duration league that has its own stash (as usual). At the end of the event, characters and stashed items will be moved to Default.
  • There's a PvP damage multiplier on levels below 15 because players start with a lot more life than they do damage. This multiplier will be adjusted substantially based on feedback from this event and others.
  • Players are hostile by default to players who are not in their party.
  • You can ctrl+click on the entrance to an area to use the Instance Management screen to manually enter any other player's instance of an area.
  • The maximum party size is still 6.
  • Cut-throat instances can hold a maximum of 12 players. This means that a full party is not safe because another party can invade them.
  • This test is not a hardcore league. When you die, you lose the normal experience penalty for your difficulty plus 30% of your current level. You also drop all inventory and equipped items. Your flasks, skill gems (even ones in your inventory) and quest items are not dropped.
  • If you were killed by another player, your lost experience is split among their party.
  • If you attempt to abruptly leave the game in a non-town instance, you have to wait 5 seconds and are unable to move or use flasks.
  • The grace period of invulnerability upon entering an area is 10 seconds. This should start once the player is mostly done loading.
  • Non-partied players only show up on the map if they're nearby.
  • There are no notifications for players joining or leaving areas.
  • Portals cannot be used until they have been up for five seconds.

In addition, the standard league rules apply, where applicable.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Aug 15, 2012, 12:28:40 AM
Cut-Throat is the best. I'm stoked for this. As always.
Last edited by ThoughtCloud on Aug 15, 2012, 12:12:39 AM
"Start time: 12noon NZ time, Saturday Aug 11 (5pm Friday Pacific Time)"

dont you mean "Saturday Aug 18"?
Last edited by sillyrabbit69 on Aug 15, 2012, 12:26:40 AM
"
sillyrabbit69 wrote:
"Start time: 12noon NZ time, Saturday Aug 11 (5pm Friday Pacific Time)"

dont you mean "Saturday Aug 18"?

Yes, fixed, thanks :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
This is gonna be awesome! I had a blast at the last one, got to lvl 9 and killed like 50 people solo! Maybe i'll have some luck with this one too!
See you, Space Cowboy...
It will be
02:00
18 August 2012 I think I'll be sleeping through this one :)
I'm BACK :)
I can make it this week! I hope my party doesnt get mad at me if I fail massively =P. Please everyone try and kill me (except Chris, your video on youtube shows you are too powerful)

I will be racing as "Traitoro" ;)

EDIT: (Updated to correct name that Ill be using)
Last edited by Metronomy on Aug 15, 2012, 4:32:54 AM
Doh, 2 cutthroat events this weekend and I wont be able to make either :(

Any chance of delaying the Non-EU timezone event by an hour in the future (its already too late for EU anyways) to 6pm PST so that west coast US people can actually get home from work?

Hopefully we can get a longer league (24 hours or 2 weeks maybe?) to both test pvp at higher levels and give everyone a chance to jump in at some point.
Hey Chris, should the start time be a little after the 3 hour race instead of starting right as it ends? It doesn't have any prizes, true, but it may be good in the future.
Check out http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/41078 and post there to support having solo-only and party-only event modes!
"
Lord_Yoshi wrote:
Hey Chris, should the start time be a little after the 3 hour race instead of starting right as it ends? It doesn't have any prizes, true, but it may be good in the future.

I believe it's the day beforehand.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info