Europe needs more races in the evening

Wanted to throw my lot in too, I was looking forward to trying Descent but there are almost none scheduled during the 5pm-12pm EST timeslots I would actually be able to play during the week after work. Please schedule more events!
True, this sucks. GMT+0 here.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
GMT+2 here. I will probably be able to play only 10 PM races in weekdays. And there are many days that has no race at 10 PM. This really sucks :((
IGN: Enkel
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 1: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/804756
Enkel's Renewed Quality Shop - 2: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/964835
Enkel's Accessories - 1 (Jewellery): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806716
Last edited by Enkel on Nov 14, 2013, 3:25:24 AM
GMT+1 here will only be able to play the 9PM races since I won't be home from work for the 5PM races. I understand that this is the case for most time zones but why have so big time holes between races? Is it really needed with a 2-3h break between each race? Or is that just to keep racing down to a smaller number of events because people without job would complain that there are to many races?

If it is the last statement then it is easy to fix: only give seasonal points for a fixed number of races, the ones where you scored the highest over the season, and give all rewards at the end of the season based on this. Then you could have races all day long!
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
Playing from GMT+1. I have a race slot at 5PM, 9PM, 12AM. With a standard job, 5PM is no good monday to friday, 12 AM is no good sunday to thursday. That leaves me with 9PM. Unfortunately, that slot is empty very often, for instance next week monday, tuesday and wednesday. Thursday is a party CT (not my cup of tea as solo player).

That happens to me, but at 9PM I'm dinning :\, so its even worse for me
♠RaGoN♦
Same thing here GMT +4.

I was thinking, is it possible for races to have a dynamic start? For example: every race can have, lets say, a 24-hours time interval to join, but once you join it, the timer will start and you'll have limited time to play (1 h for 1 hour races, 135 min for 135min races etc), and once your time is over you can not join the same race again.

In this case, when we get home from work, we will see the list of available races and we'll be able to choose from it those events, that we like. Nolifers don't have to worry: we won't be able to play them all, 'cause if I decide, for example, to play 3-hour event, I probably won't be able to enter another race (because it's time to sleep), but I really like descent concept, so I'd like to play these as much as I can.

Anyway, I have no idea, whether it's even possible to do technically -_- so… dreams, dreams))
As for Czech Republic, I can only do last slot 9pm and thats it. (CET+1)

That means race every now and then.

I agree with the rest.

Race every 2 hours.

Greetings to all the people on the old continent and also on British isles ;)
here in Italy, i can play only 9PM, and eventualli 1hour 12PM... i think more race around 7PM is really good... (5PM races are useless for working people)
Last edited by possi on Nov 14, 2013, 4:56:19 AM
The same problem here, +1 GMT and im working since 8:00 till 17:00. 5PM races are pointless even for singles :)
IGN: Glassia
Currently, there are six time slots. This means that on a normal workday, for the average working player, there is EITHER one or feasible two race slots. This means that, depending on your personal time zone, you can attend either 33% or 16,7% of the weekday race time slots.

If the race schedule had eight time slots instead of six (one every three hours), it is much more likely for any given working player to be able to attend two race slots on a weekday (i.e. 25% of all weekday races).

Note that I am not suggesting any more races; simply more time slots. Assuming that races are veenly distributed between all time slots, eight time slots would make it possible for most players to attend 25% of the races on workdays whereas with only six time slots, some players will be able to attend 33% and some 16,7% depending on time zone (i.e. luck).

Yes, indeed, with eight time slots, those players that can only attend one race per day regardless of times ans slots would go from 16,7% to 12,5%. But still, in my opinion, it would be an improvement.

Again, I am only talking about time slots, not actual races, which I would always assume to be distributed evenly among the available time slots.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Nov 14, 2013, 5:14:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info