[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

Thanks for the update Kirielis!

A build unrelated question: Is it that difficult to make an item 5 slots? I know that linking is difficult but I just used up more than 60 Jewellers and the maximum number of slots I got on my bow is only 4!
"
pxf31 wrote:
Thanks for the update Kirielis!

A build unrelated question: Is it that difficult to make an item 5 slots? I know that linking is difficult but I just used up more than 60 Jewellers and the maximum number of slots I got on my bow is only 4!

Did you check the item level?
@pxf31
Pickup the item with cursor and type '/itemlevel' in chat.

max Sockets:Itemlvl
2:1
3:15
4:28
5:35
6:50

...and yes, i very hard to get a 5L.
Mine's a Harbinger bow, which is a level 68 item. I'm not even trying to 5 link it yet; I find it pretty difficult to get even 5 slots!

The crafting is really too random in this game. I'm not even sure if you can call it crafting since almost every step depends on pure luck.
BTW, to make a 6L will cost you up to 20ex ... therefor, 6L-lotteries with prices around 10ex are scam!
I don't care about 6L... I just want a 5L!!! :(

You want to 6 socket an item before trying to link it.
But you can have terrible luck or really good luck so I find this step the hardest part. I 6 socketed my sword in several jewelers, and several fuses to link it.

I have dumped well over 100 jewelers in my chest and can't get 6 sockets. I even tried linking it with 5 socket, that was a mistake, wasted 25 or so fuses. Once you get 6 socket though, it isn't so bad to 5L it. At least the times I tried to get a 6L i got 5L so many times that I eventually just kept that item 5L.
Last edited by SEOINAGE on Dec 18, 2013, 11:33:04 AM
"
SEOINAGE wrote:

You want to 6 socket an item before trying to link it.
But you can have terrible luck or really good luck so I find this step the hardest part. I 6 socketed my sword in several jewelers, and several fuses to link it.

I have dumped well over 100 jewelers in my chest and can't get 6 sockets. I even tried linking it with 5 socket, that was a mistake, wasted 25 or so fuses. Once you get 6 socket though, it isn't so bad to 5L it. At least the times I tried to get a 6L i got 5L so many times that I eventually just kept that item 5L.

I see... guess I'll have to use more jewellers then. Does "qualitying" help with the socketing/fusing process?

By the way, do you think it's worth divining this harbinger bow?

Spoiler
Last edited by pxf31 on Dec 19, 2013, 12:59:27 PM
I wouldn't divine it. And in my opinion the increasing of quality doesn't help enough to be worth it, but I could be wrong, At least on a white item it helps because it takes 4 wetstones or scraps to get max quality.

I wouldn't divine your bow. Should be relatively nice as is.
Hi

Do you think that "Physical Projectile Attack Damage" Gem works with Ice Shot?
And if so, how?

Thank you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info