[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

Yes and it serves much the same purpose as WED. However, it also has a less attack speed modifier, and that's not fun IMO. I'd maybe consider using this over WED if I couldn't sustain mana on WED.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Hello there, thanks for the guide ,)

I followed the guide rather closely and it helped me build my first character, im lvl69 now and had no real problems (except for the early 60th were my weapon was too shit).

I currently have 5 skill points to spend and am not sure if i should rush to the duellist area as stated in the the "build" post or stick to the ranger area for a while.

Current Build

~ Guide Duelist Route

duelist route

rough stats gained

15 Points Spend
80 dex
20 strength
10 int
20 physical damage
20 projectile damage
18 attack speed
34% HP

or staying in the ranger area, picking up Talons of Murder, possibly taking the life nodes near Mind Drinker

~Sticking to Ranger

Ranger route

rough stats gained

8 Points Spend
10 dex
36% hp
10 Life
20% Crit Chance
42 % physical damage
10% Accuracy

Well I guess writing it down myself helped me a bit.I will probably stick with ranger and might respec later to the duellist side, bc i expect the difference (mainly projectile damage vs physical damage and the huge attack speed bonus) to be a higher dps gain.
"
thikor wrote:
Hello there, thanks for the guide ,)

I followed the guide rather closely and it helped me build my first character, im lvl69 now and had no real problems (except for the early 60th were my weapon was too shit).

I currently have 5 skill points to spend and am not sure if i should rush to the duellist area as stated in the the "build" post or stick to the ranger area for a while.

Current Build

~ Guide Duelist Route

duelist route

rough stats gained

15 Points Spend
80 dex
20 strength
10 int
20 physical damage
20 projectile damage
18 attack speed
34% HP

or staying in the ranger area, picking up Talons of Murder, possibly taking the life nodes near Mind Drinker

~Sticking to Ranger

Ranger route

rough stats gained

8 Points Spend
10 dex
36% hp
10 Life
20% Crit Chance
42 % physical damage
10% Accuracy

Well I guess writing it down myself helped me a bit.I will probably stick with ranger and might respec later to the duellist side, bc i expect the difference (mainly projectile damage vs physical damage and the huge attack speed bonus) to be a higher dps gain.

Saved you one point on ranger side. Lots of good nodes on ranger side, including several damage and hp ones. Heavy draw is pretty solid along with the one you already mentioned.

I started playing this a few days ago with a old 57 ranger I had with a full respect laying around. The ll and loh gems fixed my one shot reflect problems. Few things that I have issues with is I would like to run 2 auras and seems like there is only like 100 mama left after buffs. And on other characters I could get enough mama leech to never pot it seems like this guy I pop mama pots endlessly is there a better way?
Use of a reasonably leveled reduced mana gem should let you run 2 auras fine. As for mana issues...there's a section in the OP that covers that.
The Charisma passive keynode works wonders.
the issue is not running out of manna the issue is having enough mana to buff and I run a 18/20 reduce gem.
What he said about Charisma, yeah. Pity it's that far out of the way.
I have a lvl79 ranger that is having pretty big survivability issues using frenzy/rain of arrows, and was thinking of switching to some ice shot build to have more CC and survivability. I don't have a Lioneye's Glare and mostly play alone, which build in the OP would you guys recommend? I was thinking of the RT/Iron Grip/Iron Reflexes build would be the safest solo? Then if and when I get a Lioneye's, spec out of RT and take the Lethality area of passives and of course something else?
So a fast update. I got a six link and buff with mana skills wiith blood magic is golden. Buff with mana and proof done watch health. Changed my 8ml to 8 ll on jewelry this build went from awesome to op. I pondered on making one of these forever and why did I wait so long. I am in car typing on cell so please disregard all typos. So when I get home gonna stack a bit of health and stuff I am 66 going for 70 totoday. I got alot of characters alot of of 83, s a 85 but this is what I was trying for. This ranger was my first at 57 I left him alone made three others to 83 plus some 85 and said ok lets try this so I wanna say I like ice got ice witch dual totem not what I wanted ice crit shadow nope fail. Sick in spec throw love it but not what I needed. This ranger wooooooooot. Thanks op
Last edited by milrz on Dec 30, 2013, 4:00:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info