[1.2.0] Ice Pierce Crit Ranger

May try Barrage with this build...

...seems it would be good with pierce.
"
What is the ideal physical damage output that should be on the bow?

Base crit chance does much, much more for your damage output than the pd numbers. For reference, my 200pdps (250dps total) bow gave me ~equal dps numbers with a 300dps Glare, and when I took it out for a spin, it just felt so much better because I had more crits.

"
May try Barrage with this build...

...seems it would be good with pierce.

>download patch
>get Barrage
>level gem(s)
>try support combinations
and all this in between whatever else I was doing. Not likely I'll get to Barrage for a while, but I would like to see those results if you want to try it.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
"
Kirielis wrote:
"
What is the ideal physical damage output that should be on the bow?

Base crit chance does much, much more for your damage output than the pd numbers. For reference, my 200pdps (250dps total) bow gave me ~equal dps numbers with a 300dps Glare, and when I took it out for a spin, it just felt so much better because I had more crits.

About crit chance, I'm thinking of crafting a Harbinger bow, but the atkspd is really slow compared to other high level bows.
Yeah, I can't answer that because it's all on personal preference.
I would like to see more info on barrage, also curious about point blank, its close but maybe just as a gem link, but then it takes away something else.

I was using burning with added fire, weapon elemental, and FA and was getting good single target with this build.

Barrage on paper to me looks bad, but when it crits should be solid damage, since I would think all the attacks in the string would crit.
Hi Kirielis, do you think it's viable for a ranger to go EB and MoM?
Is my Scion build viable or should i re-roll as Ranger?

Scion Nemesis Version, 106pts with Berserking, IR and 20% reduced Mana Reserved

+212% maximum life

+240% Critical Strike Chance
+215% Bow Critical Strike Chance

Scion, Ice Shot
Sorry if this has been asked before... I tried googling and couldn't find it.

How are you using Haste/Grace/Wrath/Anger? I can't even run 2 auras let alone 4. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
"
ipwngaming wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before... I tried googling and couldn't find it.

How are you using Haste/Grace/Wrath/Anger? I can't even run 2 auras let alone 4. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Use reduced mana gem and take the Charisma keystone.
Pretty sure that 4 aura setup is from back before the changes. Wrath and Haste aren't anywhere near mandatory, I just did them because I could at the time. I don't currently run anywhere near 4 auras on any character.
Last edited by Kirielis on Dec 13, 2013, 10:40:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info