[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

I wonder too. I think that the IIR will stay the same, they'll nerf the item/gem IIQ and increase the general IIQ .
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
After some testing i can say: A 5linked chest + abyssus will do more DPS than BoR.
Tested in another char and my dps using abyssus is 16.5k. Then i changed to BoR and my dps goes down to 13k!. A 5linked chest + abyssus is much better in terms of deps, a 6l will smash a BoR...
Good to know. Never really tested it. The problem is that with the BoR you have better defenses. So the slightly more damage might not be such a big plus. On the other side 5L + Abyssus is alot cheaper... so perhaps it is indeed a better option.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Really nice build. I'm using BoR and 766%facebreaker(playing on Domination so no legacy FB here.) I also have 0quality gems and not level'd 20 gems (17 atm), my dps is 20k. I have some exalts to spend, what sould i aim first? A legacy facebreaker(when dom ends) or 20/20 gems? I think i can get 900% fb + 20/20 multistrike, this will boost my dps much?
It will boost you DPS indeed. Probably you'll end up with around 24k DPS
Hi, I play alot with IB/DB, I want to try Cyclone. Do u have any input on that?

Here's my current gears:
Spoiler

I found this recently:

I can still get 3 more affixes on it.

It's kinda nice, so I thought of many possibilities with respec coming:

1. Going cyclone with FB(980%) or with this axe(455dps).

2. Flicker strike(with ur guide)

3. Double strike and/or spectral throw with this axe.

which one will fit best?

PS.I only have a 5L chest.

Last edited by lamwire on Feb 27, 2014, 3:55:58 PM
You could try any of those 3 options. If done right it will end up well.
Now about the cyclone ... i can't stand that skill .. most overrated skill in PoE so far.
Terrible desync.
Terrible AoE.
Terrible mana cost.
Terrible control.
It's only kind of ok vs Bosses ... but that's all... oh and you can't get stunned while cycloning which i admit is cool.

Of course that's just my opinion and i can't/don't claim that it is 100% true for everybody except me.

About the axe it has:
Prefixes
Local Physical Dmg +% / Local Accuracy Rating
25 to 34 / 8 to 30 (Journeyman's)

Local Physical Dmg +%
110 to 129 (Bloodthirsty)

Local Min Added Physical Dmg / Local Max Added Physical Dmg
24 to 33 / 49 to 57 (Tempered)

Suffixes
Life Gain Per Target
4 (of Regrowth)

SO it can have another 2 prefixes

Of course the Accuracy can be a seperate mod and the % physical damage could be (Tyrannical) ( if the ilvl of the axe is 72 or below that's not the case )
If it has tyranical mod + seperate low rolled accuracy then it can have another suffix and prefix.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 27, 2014, 6:38:43 PM
just wanted to say thanks and this is such an awesome guide. what a fun build to play!
i have a CoC+EK shadow who is mehh but was my first char and spent a lot of time on him (learning the mechanics), a Ground Slam marauder (whom is very powerful but a little boring to play) and now another tanky, up close char but makes things explode with his fists!

i picked up a 918% facebreaker's and a meginord's for 1ex each and what a difference. i'm only lvl 57 in A1 merciless with 2463 hp and 1372 dps and other than the essentials, my gear is crap and almost everything will definitely be upgraded soon...my resists are hurting right now. but it proves this build can stand on it's own and i love the fact that teammates can set off the infernal blow explosion to make those mobs explode even faster :D

i've only seen one other facebreaker build during my travels and it's fun answering questions regarding the build and the punchies and the 'splosions and the deeeps :D

where are you guys getting your extra Int and Dex points from?
thanks again. looking forward to decking out this char.

Spoiler

low level uniques still doin some work
Last edited by angrykenji on Mar 4, 2014, 5:28:25 AM
Hey, Great thread and build...I've been wanting to try this build for a long time, and just before the patch, I got my BOR, and a legacy face breakers..just out of curiosity, when might you be able to get to a new passive tree since this will be reset? I know you probably will be busy, just not sure which build you typically use. Hopefully this one on a regular basis. I did however use a Marauder. Hopefully the new tree will still be able to use both. Thanks in advance.
"If all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed"
MM
@angrykenji
About the attributes
Best case - gear
Worst case - passive skill tree

@Kerosene1
Actualy i havn't played this build in awhile but i'll try it out after the 1.1.0 release and update whatever is needed to be updated. The tree will come out first. I hope that i'll be able to fully update all of my build threads ( 5 right now ) within 2-3 days.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info