[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
goldjacket wrote:
How does this build do in the middle levels? Wouldn't you do much more damage with a decent weapon until you can get the necessary gear later on?

As long as you have meginords belt and some life on the rest of your gear it's a walk in the park! Also havinga 4L helps!

I am playing in Domination and I played rather recklessly since I wanted to make fast progress. Still it wasn't until merciless late a1 early a2 (ccan't remember exactly) I got my first death! I had low cold res and got frozen stuck!

Edit:
Worth mentioning is that I was 6 or 7 levels below the area I died in! :)
IGN: discoCowboy
Last edited by discoCowboy on Dec 12, 2013, 2:22:11 AM
@Wickerman3
Well everything looks ok to me. You can upgrade some of your items of course but you are on the right track!
About the gems for BoR - you already have melee physical damage from the BoR itself! SO Added Fire Damage is the way to go!
Life leech won't help in my opinion vs reflect. The problem with reflect is solvable with life leech only if you have vaal pact.... and you don't. But really i don't see how can you have a reflect problems.. i don't ... just don't do -max res/ele weakness + ele reflect maps - this is indeed a deadly combination... with anything else you should do just fine

@goldjacket
What discoCowboy. This build is powerful at all stages of the game. You just need the gloves, the belt, 4L item, and some flat physical damage rings/amulet. The damage that you get from facebreakers in the early-mid levels is absolutely unreachable with anything else. I almost feel bad when i do pvp with my facebreaker level 28 pvp character... around 2300 DPS and oneshotting pretty much everyone... and there is a facebreaker guy in the level 28 pvp with 4000 DPS! I don't know how he does it... but come 4000... i would love to see someone who can reach that DPS ( or even my 2300 DPS ) at level 28
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
^
Last edited by DB_Blackheart on Dec 13, 2013, 11:37:51 PM
this build is just unbelievable. I have absolute crap gear at lvl 54. I only have infernal blow, multistrike and melee splash as combo and even then the sheer brutality just obliterates everything.Yesterday I just leisurly strolled through Act 3 cruel, Act 1 merciless and half act 2 merciless. The only one coming close to killing me was Kole actually with his heavy slam. Merveil in merciless wasnt even a fight she got ouright smashed didnt even take a potion. I'm now going to lvl a bit in fellshrine since I'm lvl 54 in a lvl 59 zone. Once I hit 60 I'll do a big upgrade round, get abyssus, a 5 link chest at least, new boots (I'm still running around on wanderlust LOL)

what I was thinking is how viable would it be to simply make a 4 link for farming Dominus. I'm thinking of using your normal combo ofcourse but use a 4 link with infernal blow/culling strike/IIQ/IIR. So just fight him till his down deep with the normal combo and finish him off with it for the extra IIQ/IIR.

again thanks a lot for the fantastic build :)
Well you could try IIR/IIQ setup and tell because honestly i've never tried it so i really don't know i suspect that it will work fine but i can't be sure.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Well you could try IIR/IIQ setup and tell because honestly i've never tried it so i really don't know i suspect that it will work fine but i can't be sure.

alright I'll try my above mentioned idea and I'll keep you posted if its workable or not on merciless dominus :)
"
KorgothBG wrote:

I always use a IQ gem now, even in the most deadly maps as you are plainly indestructible. Also added blood rage on my CODT.
Last edited by bowmore17 on Dec 14, 2013, 6:39:49 AM
cool build idea
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee
Fantastic guide Korgoth!!

I had originally bought some of the kit(facebreakers, Regan block unique shield and some rings n ammy) to level up my scion summoner and loved it so much I had to find a build for them and here I am! I just started on nemesis so the meginord's was out of reach at first but hopefully getting one tomorrow! Yay!

Quick question for you, you and others have mentioned going BoR until you can get a Nice 6L with the Abyssus. If the alternative is a
would you recommend that or going abyssus anyhow with only a 4-5 link. The BoR will simply be too expensive for the time being and I can get an Abyssus for 6-10 chaos. Anyhow, great guide and thanks very much!!
IGN - Dapper_The_Strapper
"Stripper with a strap-on"
Abyssus + 5link is about the same dps as bor i think. But if abyssus can be purchased for only 6-10 chaos then it sounds like a good deal. Great for players on a budget because then you can get a 5link chest for 5 chaos. Compare this to bor which is 12 exalted orbs.

Also this is a good leveling item for this build. I used it all the way from normal to merciless.

For newer players. If you can't afford meginord you may be able to make up for the damage loss with this chest.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 14, 2013, 10:30:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info