[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
I'm not sure if i've understood your questio correctly... but a single CWDT gem can triger all skills that are linked to it 1-2-3-4 or even 5 skills it doesn't matter... in the case of the Molten shell decoy totem and the curse they are max level but the CWDT is max level too... because it's absolutely useless to have low level Molten Shell or Decoy totem

lvl 20 CwDT gem can support up to 69 lvls.
lvl 20 Molten Shell requires lvl 68. This leaves only 1 level to spare. How are other max level gems being linked and working at the same time? Am I missing something?
First of all, thanks for the wonderful guide, KorgothBG. I've read all of your guides, and they are some of the most well made and visually appealing guides out there. The best I've read so far for PoE!

That said, I have a question about the build. I'm a new player, having started playing a few weeks ago. I have one character on merciless so far. The thing is, honestly, how viable is this build for a new player? I have next to no currency. How hard is it to level with only the new Facebreakers, and how well can you farm lategame/early maps for the currency to actually get the necessary equipment and skills?

The build looks fun and stronger than the blender build is, but exactly how dependent is it on the uniques and high end skill gems?
"
Zapper300 wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I'm not sure if i've understood your questio correctly... but a single CWDT gem can triger all skills that are linked to it 1-2-3-4 or even 5 skills it doesn't matter... in the case of the Molten shell decoy totem and the curse they are max level but the CWDT is max level too... because it's absolutely useless to have low level Molten Shell or Decoy totem

lvl 20 CwDT gem can support up to 69 lvls.
lvl 20 Molten Shell requires lvl 68. This leaves only 1 level to spare. How are other max level gems being linked and working at the same time? Am I missing something?

Mate the level requirements are not .. added up... i .. really don't know what you mean.. just... just .. do what i did.. and it will work.. basicly it will support a required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem etc etc etc etc... its not like the CWDT can support a gem that requires level 34 + a gem that requires level 35 and that's it... it can't support any more skills

@Clerith
Well as far as i know this build is the cheapest end-game viable build that acualy exists at the moment in PoE. You can do with ease low level maps with selfound items + facebreakers + meginord.. i know i know that for a new player the belt is expensive ... but 1 exalt is something that you can farm very easy for a day or two with just farming merciless hillock for alt orbs from the gear it drops...
Compared to a blender build ... it is between 5-10 times cheaper and it still brings you the same power .. more tankiness actualy and the same offensive ability...

tl;dr i don't want to sound arrogant but... i have ALOT of characters and i've tried ALOT of builds and i can tell you this - you won't find any other build that powerful for that low amount of currency.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 10, 2013, 1:33:42 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:

it is between 5-10 times cheaper and it still brings you the same power .. more tankiness actualy and the same offensive ability...

tl;dr i don't want to sound arrogant but... i have ALOT of characters and i've tried ALOT of builds and i can tell you this - you won't find any other build that powerful for that low amount of currency.

Take korgoth's word for it. The build is actually cheaper to takle higher end content. My facebreaker cost me just about 35 exalts just for the jewelry and 6L armor. Compared to my other characters, discharger me and soultaker/BOR main cost me 100+ ex each (terms of relative value).

The facebreaker build is versatile because i can change my skills to dominating blow, frenzy and cyclone to suit my needs.
All right, thanks a lot for your response, you've convinced me. One more question, would you actually recommend the duelist/marauder or CI witch build for a new player? My faint guess is that the witch is slightly more powerful, but harder and more expensive.
"
Clerith wrote:
All right, thanks a lot for your response, you've convinced me. One more question, would you actually recommend the duelist/marauder or CI witch build for a new player? My faint guess is that the witch is slightly more powerful, but harder and more expensive.

You've got it right! For a new player i'd recommend this build. You can always make a witch one later one ... after all alot of the gems/items are the same ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Lovely guide mate.
The dedication and detail in this guide should give examples to how to make a perfect guide.
I'm currently trying out your spec and i must say its fairly impressive and very cost effective.

Thank you for your great work.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Mate the level requirements are not .. added up... i .. really don't know what you mean.. just... just .. do what i did.. and it will work.. basicly it will support a required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem + required level 68 gem etc etc etc etc... its not like the CWDT can support a gem that requires level 34 + a gem that requires level 35 and that's it... it can't support any more skills

And that right there is where I got the mix up. I misunderstood how the gem restriction worked. Every time I read it it sounded like the requirements added together and the gem puts a limit on the total. Thank you for clarifying :)

Just an FYI, "This is the new tree. Nothing else in this thread is updated... i'll do it in a day or two." under the passive tree section it says that for a while now. Just making sure you're aware.

Thanks again for the guide! It's served me well and taught me about the game itself with all of the details in here. Definitely the best build I've played too :)
"
Zapper300 wrote:

Just an FYI, "This is the new tree. Nothing else in this thread is updated... i'll do it in a day or two." under the passive tree section it says that for a while now. Just making sure you're aware.

Thanks again for the guide! It's served me well and taught me about the game itself with all of the details in here. Definitely the best build I've played too :)

Thanks for the kind words mate ( and for yours too An4rchy ^^ )! And thanks for pointing out that line.. really forgot about it... it must have been thee from 1.0.0 till now... everything is updated long long time ago of course :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 10, 2013, 5:50:39 PM
hello again, another update !

Finally hit lvl 86 (went pretty smooth without a doubt!) and got myself a another set of facebreakers at 996%. That's the possibly to highest i can go without breaking the bank. I would like to share my stats with everyone to get an idea how powerful the setup can be (with currency being no limit)

Again..thanks Korgoth for sharing your experience and setup, it made gaming x1000 more enjoyable over time! If possible, My goal is to hit lvl 88 to grab another endurance charge,and switch the bandit quest to kraityn for another frenzy charge.

Passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwCcQSzBS0M9xLhFE0ZLhmFGjIb-iSqJd8n7SkuMZ4yCTWSNuk64TwtPfxAoEd-SshN4099UFBRYFcNWGNZ814TXz9gS2EhZU1mnmebbEZuaW6qcH1ybHKpdO14DXrvfLh8u3zZgFaDOITZhO-I8YzPkFWRzpkrnrmgtKIApBmmV6luq8WsWayqrK-vbLXytz653bvtvYG-ir6nwA_AGsOGxPbFisauxtjSTdSP2WHi6uNq52PnkenV7w7vfPAf8i_yRfPd9kj60vuq_gr-jw==

Relevant stats (with blood rage 3 frenzy charges) 48.6 k dps. 44.5 k without. I can afford to use it because i have a good amount of chaos res.

defense with purity of lightning (no flask / endurance charges / molten shell, it can get upwards to 20 k armor with 90 % physical resistance)

Gear
Spoiler

Last edited by Molochmane on Dec 11, 2013, 4:20:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info