[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i would really suggest to have high physical damage on all possible gear parts. Even if you lose some resists you can just spend some more skill points for resist nodes. After all you can boost everything from your skill tree but you can't get high DPS from passive skills.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey, just to give you my update !

I went all evasion, block and dodge Facebreaker, remeber :)
Everyting went smooth up until general in a3 cruel. Yes I dont have the best gear, but my shield and helm gave me almost all max resists which was suficiend, and I had foxshade on me. However, surviving Volatile blood is a problem (probably even bigger one in merc), but I cant seem to be able to dodge spells that efficiently. Generalas firestorm or that bleed mod just OBLITERATES ME, cause it gets around my dodge and block and im out there in the open with not that great life total afterall.

Just wanted to let you know that eva isnt the best way to go ( or my gear might be too weak for this part of the game). Be that as it may, you need ALOT of currency to work this build entirely, which is something I cant afford now :)

Ill let it rest for a while, and Im planing on a very simmilar build with CI templar that doesnt require that much investment until late game.

I appriciate your testing and feedback. I guess evasion and dodge really isn't the best way to do a FB... that's.. disappointing.. i would've love to see different working variations of the build.
Better luck with your new CI build :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Dont get me wrong, it surely works...you just need decent gear to back it up and I wouldnt suggest to go this build with only FB in your stash.

Thank you for good wishes and I hope to see your CI version too !
Ill be sure to keep an eye on this thread :)
hey, im using this build since the open beta and found a lot of helping suggestions here, cause Korgoth was keeping up his good work and updated everything for 1.00 release. thanks again m8.

so heres are my thoughts about the facebreaker build:

its damn sick, makes fun, cleans map extremely fast when soloing(in groups also, when the other do also "a bit damage" ;).
ofc u have to pay attention, cause since everything is almost dead in 1 sec u will maybe become lazy and dont see that reflect or maybe 2 rares with ele and phis reflect, that can be your death.

currently im lvl 86 on 20 % to 87 , i died not rly often to that point. the thing that hurts the most was the lvl 72 "Jungle Valley Map" with some extra damage. we were 2 facebreakers and one ranger with lioneyes. he had about 18k, the other facebreaker around 30k. the end of the story is, it was the toughest boss fight so far. the other facebreaker died one time as well as the ranger. i survived the whole time, but it was 3 times a pretty close call. luckily the aoe filled my flasks and my chance to block helped quite a bit.
i should mention that to this point i were not using cast on damage taken, no enduring cry, no curse, just 2 auras: hatred and determination(ofc additionally 2 BEFORE the release). infernal as always with melee splash, multistrike and blood magic.

right now when im soloing i have 4843 life, 68% Block chance, -60 chaos res, 73 fire res, 75 cold res, 74 lightning res. i still have 4 points that i can spend. im planing a resistance cap, as well as max. block chance and maybe "a bit" more dps.

dps with only hatred is: ~19.5 k
armour with determination is: ~10.4 k without any flask

heres my gear, if u wanna have a look(dont wonder about some gems that are in for being leveld xD):

Spoiler

i know that there could be a lot more dps, but this rings for example can be damn expensive and im not that rich tbh.. i found my BoR on my own and that was the indicator for trying out this insane build that Korgoth had in mind.

greetings

"siMoK" alias @doppelte_Gesichtskirmes
Thanks siMoK for your thoughts on my build and on the Facebreakers in general.
To be honest Jungle Valley really is probably the hardest map... try one with extra projectiles , 2 bosss and temporal chains... deadly... pretty much the chaos damage weakness of this build (and all life based builds) was the reason why i'm trying to make a CI facebreaker right now (around level 50 now.. 7 hours gameplay and 0 deaths.. as soon as i hit around level 85 i'll make a seperate thread for it. Btw thanks for your interest in it HolyCoconut it really motivates me to make it a reallity :P)
Your gear is actualy very nice (ofcourse there's always room for improvement... like life on you rings/amulet and more damage)
I'm glad that you find this thread helpful and i promise you that i'll keep updating it whenever an update is needed :)

This post is for those of you guys who showed interest in my Witch CI Facebreaker build.

So here is a little video of some ledge merciless farming(level 57 now... started grinding here at level 45). I need to level up to put my end-game gear on.

I'm still relying on life (966 now) i know that it sounds low but with 72% block chance it's enough! I've actualy died a couple of times when only when i was fighting dominus in cruel just because i was level 44(he is lvel 53) and because i've forgot to put the lazarus amulet ( silly me :/ )
and i've died 2 more times because i was out of the room and i didn't teleported back in town(not that i really care... im not in hardcore).. so basicly this build is absolutely viable in Hardcore if play safe and if you are careful.

I must say that it goes very well. i have ~4600 DPS i've reached Vaal Pact; Ghost Reaver and Chaos Innoculation but i'll take them when i put on my ES gear ( atleast the Aegis aurora and the Rainbowstrides). Tomorrow probably i'll hit level 70

Thanks for your time and support, I'll keep you updated! :)
67 Facesmasher here. at 67 and using abys helm and 11k dps. noticing that they hit retard hard in maps with this helm so is it really a viable choice?

Seems like rain is a must with the new nerfed facebreaker glove .
Nope it's not a must. Actualy it was before 1.0.0 now abyssus is more than vialbe - it is better!. But i'll say it again - Bringer of Rain is better than Abyssus + 5Linked chest. Abyssus + 6 Linked chest is better than Bringer of Rain. If you don't have a 6Linked chest don't even think about using the Abyssus!

And another thing - you are level 67 -> that means no Lioneye's Remorse -> that usualy means less block chance -> that means alot of physical damage taken

The best way to neglect the physical damage that you'll take is not armour, it is block chance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info