[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

The explosion can crit, but when you have Resolute Technique you can't crit even with the explosions.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Added level 68 map boss fights.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Korgoth are most of the items and support gems only necessary in Merciless?

I can afford a 700+ facebreaker and have most of the gems except for reduced mana and multistrike
Well you can reach merciless with just these items:
Facebreakers 700+ ; Meginord's Girdle; Crest of Perandus(shield); Infernal Blow; Melee Splash; Blood magic (later on you'll use mana but BM is helpful in the early levels; if you have The peregrine helmet and spend 2 passive skill points to get Mana Flows you'll probably won't need Blood magic gem at all) .... now multistrike will help you alot.. but even without it ( use added fire damage or faster attacks or melee physical damage ) you'll be able to reach merciless without any problems. You'll need a 4 linked item aswell(to put your IB in).

As for the Reduced mana it's not that necessairy. If you wan't to use 2 auras and blood magic you'll need it.. otherwise yyou'll be able to use only 1 aura, but if you want to use mana and just 1 aura(as i strongl recommend) then it's not 100% a must have.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 4, 2013, 5:38:42 PM
hey everyone, I have a spare FB glove :

I made some changes to my build but doing overall well. My Dominating blow is 12k dps and my Inf blow is around 21k. I actually run blood magic on both of them. This lets me run two auras. I have 77 mana which is enough for molten shell casts, enfeeble curse, and enduring cry (when needed).

I am still trying to get a 5l so im stuck with 4 for now. I WAS using melee splash on dom. blow but realized I love attack speed more. So I went for multistrike. I have learned and seen in groups I get minions faster, easier, and its more effective.

My infernal blow has blood magic, increased melee damage, then fire damage gem. Of course, I could run IB or DB on mana and use 1 less aura but I like having 2 auras for now.

How much life should I have at lvl 72? I am just over 3k.
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
Last edited by damaxxerous on Nov 4, 2013, 1:55:22 PM
Well for the gems ill quote myself:
"4-Linked
Infernal Blow/Dominating Blow + Multistrike + Melee Splash + Blood Magic/Melee Physial Damage"

Ofcourse whatever works for your playstyle is ok as long as you can kill things before they can kill you :)

For your life.. 3k.. is kind of ok... ofcurse around 4 will be better for level ~74-75
Hi eweryone. Let me explain the problem I faced... you know, I gathered for my 30lvl twink 780% facebreakers, Meginord`s belt, two rings 2-6 and 3-5 flat physical, found a quiver(not a unique one, just rare) with 1-4 flat physical, made a blue amulet with 2-7 flat physical, and today I bought a leather unique chest, the Foxshade, with 5-12 flat physical. That what I have now. But I dont see that ridiculous numbers which I expected to see after observing different guides. My IB DPS(with melee splash) is only about 800. That is owerkill for everything on normal, quite enough for cruel, but not enough to feel comfortable in melee radius on mersyless. I know ill probably get Abyssys or BoR on 60s, but i have to live till these levels.

Looking for your advice.

By the way - facebreaker build with Dominating blow seemms to me the funniest of entire game for now.
Last edited by deseptycon on Nov 4, 2013, 5:26:55 PM
"
deseptycon wrote:
Hi eweryone. Let me explain the problem I faced... you know, I gathered for my 30lvl twink 780% facebreakers, Meginord`s belt, two rings 2-6 and 3-5 flat physical, found a quiver(not a unique one, just rare) with 1-4 flat physical, made a blue amulet with 2-7 flat physical, and today I bought a leather unique chest, the Foxshade, with 5-12 flat physical. That what I have now. But I dont see that ridiculous numbers which I expected to see after observing different guides. My IB DPS(with melee splash) is only about 800. That is owerkill for everything on normal, quite enough for cruel, but not enough to feel comfortable in melee radius on mersyless. I know ill probably get Abyssys or BoR on 60s, but i have to live till these levels.

Looking for your advice.

The first thing that jumped out at me is the lower glove stats of 780%. I always went for over 900%.

As you get higher in levels and can get better rings and amulets, you will have way better physical damage. The damage will also depend on your sockets and links with gems. As stated, the increased melee and added fire work with infernal blow. You can/should use multistrike or melee splash with either infernal blow, dominating blow or both. Depends on your play style.
Not playing anymore. It was a fun ride since 2013!! I just browse the forum now. ~~~~~ "We are spiritual beings having a human experience, not the other way around." ~~~~~"All that you are is the sum of all your thoughts."
"
deseptycon wrote:

Looking for your advice.

By the way - facebreaker build with Dominating blow seemms to me the funniest of entire game for now.

I can say only one thing : Links!
The linked support gems make a HUGE difference ( i.e. my Infernal blow without Added Fire Damage is ~33000 and WITH Added Fire Damage is ~43500! Thats more than 10k DPS! )
So i can give you a better advice if i know what is your Infernal Blow Linked to.. but my guess is that it is probably linked to only 2 support gems (maybe Melee Splash and Blood Magic? just a gues :) )... so my advice would be to work towards getting atleast 4 linked item ( 5 linked is pretty much 100% needed in order to clear maps )
The nerfed facebreakers can't be compared to the legacy ones BUT they are working fine!
And another thing don't use a quiver use Crest of Perandus ( its worth around 1 chaos orb ) it's not worth it to sacrifice alot of survivability for a little more damage
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 4, 2013, 5:37:46 PM
"
The first thing that jumped out at me is the lower glove stats of 780%. I always went for over 900%.

Those which could drop now vary from 600% to 800%, they got nerfed, so mine are almost perfect. And Im even not dreaming to aquire 900%. But that difference of approximately 100% cant be the reason of gap between mine 800 and average 4000dps, am I right?

My offence link now IB/DB - melee splash - life leech - blood magic. For a 5l gonna add "added fire damage". Does multistrike increase DPS so much? Cant test it for I still dont have it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info