[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

My lvl 56 Duelist died yesterday because i stacked up full corrupted blood stacks with cyclone.
Quetzerxi almost had me killed a little earlier in that same run.
So now i know of the dangers of multihitting skills.
I have a lvl 64 Juggernaut so i respec´d to adjust it to the Marauder version of the build.
But now i face a new problem. I just don´t do any dmg. I needed minutes for Crematorium Piety,
Unique Sub Bosses and Rare Monsters in Areas feel like Bossfights.
Real Bossfights take really long. So my question is: Are those flat dmg values on the Gear
really making this much of a difference ?
My cyclones DPS is around 1100 and my Warchief is at 500. What am i doing wrong?
Mate .. they don't just make "this much of a difference" they are ALL that matters when it comes to your damage in relation to your gear. It's like asking "Hey man, is having an axe with more than 1-1 damage for your axe build makes that much of a difference?"
The flat physical damage from your gear is the ONLY thing that scales with the facebreaker gloves, your pasive skill tree and your support gem. 1 ( one!) point of physical damage can literally mean hundreds of DPS in a finished build.
So yeah ... that's what you are doing wrong.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 30, 2016, 11:37:32 AM
Gotcha. Thanks again for your reply.

edit: When i got my Gear ready for Merciless, i was so focused on getting the Restistances right,
I didn´t even look out for flat phys. So yeah, once again my bad lol.
Just so you know, whenever i´m asking a question i am not questioning your guide or anything.
Even though initially I did complain, but i was just mad bc i didn´t know how cyclone worked.
I don´t want you to think that everytime something doesn´t work on my end, i come here to bitch about it. Mind you, I´m still new to this. I´ll keep you updated on my progress though.
The dumb questions´ll keep comin ^^
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Sep 30, 2016, 12:13:36 PM
Don't worry about it man i'm always happy to help if i can ^^
Feel free to ask me about anything when you have a problem or you don't understand something! Everyone was new at some point.

P.S. Though i will be away for the weekend so if you have any questions during that time i'll answer them on Monday :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 30, 2016, 12:18:42 PM
Hello, a question about the passive skill trees. . . is there an updated version for them? I can't start it from that place.
There is an entire "Passive skill tree" section.
Im currently trying cyclone FB but my dps seems very low compared to what others have posted here... 139k dps without charges but with hatred and herald of ash

This is my gear

Your dps seems fine to me
What do you think of a Crit Slayer Facebreaker Shield Charger (Or Ice Crash) with this tree and Rigwald Curse?

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBALkdFeyK8OlGypCE2Ud-vTZlTb6nL8zBgraKYuyE79rBdO0FLXrvQzFM_04qW6_dDRUgI9OPYA2Nh3bnVOOfSn3glZ-CVuj2o-960359df66AF4Zju2DCC6bje4Oo4oj9k2SjX0wfFFHjb_UIwW16NYi6mqVmheSgMLsSO494rTFYqxsjJ2qNj3rYxEvtUgrCl3yKgtwUonTjDZVS2HiJpUWvxX9ijhkr0X0b1d4GcGg1gePwUscjYEOSBGWAQm42d1IBx6VLvDVSVGbJjIBshnPeiT9_94M8qXLwzNaGqU1DHA7tvVhsoCGtIWnJ58=

Tempted to make the damage even higher at the risk of one shotting myself..

Tried AW build with Facebreaker.. but I want a build that is not passive like AW...
Well it looks squishier to me, but should work fine. I'd say go ahead and test it.
Though perhaps if you want to go with acrobatics go all the way and take phase acro too. ( i'd ditch claws of the pride )

Oh and here saved you a point with better pathing:
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 26, 2016, 2:00:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info