[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

"
Zygur wrote:
I noticed a possible corruption on darkrays is 'grants level 14 haste skill'. Would that give you that +14% attack speed and + 8% movement speed permanent and therefor be a better option then an extra frenzy?

No, that means that you have the aura haste at level 14. Just like if you have a gem with the skill on your gear. You still need to cast it, it will still reserve your mana etc. etc.
TL;DR corruptions that grant skills are crap.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
ok thx that's clear )
Heyo,
So I modified my frenzy build from before, let me know what you think.

Helm
Concentrated Effect
Whirlwind
Melee Damage
Faster Attacks

Boots Darkray +2
Cast on Damage taken
Tempest Shield
Chains
Molten Shield? (or something else? detonate dead?)(could also just do casted blood rage)

Body
Frenzy
Melee Damage
Fire Damage
Melee Splash
Melee Damage
Fortify

Gloves
Shield bash
Reckoning
Melee Splash
Culling

Shield 1
Hatred
Fire/Lightning Golem
Totem

Shield 2
Determination
Enduring Cry
Chaos Golem

So I'm hoping I'll be running 8 frenzy charges, with frenzy as my main attack.
I'd use 1 aura or the other pending on the situation or the party's auras.
Then using my mana pool for skills.
Then doing the gladiator ascendancy for the spell block.

I'm thinking the extra 40% ias from the frenzy will get my dps high on whirlwind single target/bosses. Then the regular frenzy with splash as my main attack.

I'm also not 100% sold on needing the second shield as is. Could certainly change one/both shields.

Thoughts?

Last edited by fi_icgeese on May 6, 2016, 4:48:27 PM
Body
Frenzy
Melee Damage
Fire Damage
Melee Splash
Melee Damage
Fortify

two times melee physical damage ? You meant something else i suppose.

Gloves
Shield bash
Reckoning
Melee Splash
Culling

The melee splash is useless here

I strongly urge you to use Blood Rage ( self casted )

And i'd say it again your 6L Frenzy > 4L Cyclone ... so i really don't see a reason to use the weaker setup in .. any situation really

P.S. It's cyclone not whirlwind ;)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
The frenzy/cyclone combo is more related to actual gameplay. Frenzy pretty much sets you in one spot while you punch away. It makes you a really easy target for bosses if you're just standing in one spot, I found cyclone gives a bit more of an ability to skirt away while still doing damage.

What should i put with the frenzy other than melee physical damage? Does it not double up?

I was thinking the melee

You can't use the same support gem twice with your attack. Use faster attacks i'd say.
Last edited by KorgothBG on May 6, 2016, 5:46:37 PM
What about detonate dead or something fun like that? Have you ever found that to be worthwhile?
Not really worth it in my opinion.
Thx for your help :) I'll let you know how it goes when I get up into 70+
Korgoth, I have a doubt.
I do not know if you answered this before, but I was thinking of using this glove in other build:

If I apply a Divine Orb I will go from 60% to 90% the GCSM?
(http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Facebreaker)

I can risk it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info