[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

You see the ideas on paper don't work out the way you expect them to in reality.

First of all 20% life reduction for your hatred .. that's a 20% total life reserved and sadly the increased max life nodes behind BM don't offset that drawback and in the end you actually loose life.

Loosing 1/4 from the skill that you are using to kill ... well ... everything ... for a conditional counter attack gem that will have 1 extra support gem ( not even a gem that you actually need ... faster attacks for example which is absolutely mandatory for an unarmed cyclone build ) is far from worth it.

Spamming Ice crash ... why? It will deal significantly less damage compared to your cyclone. You don't need mana leech to spam your spells you just need blood magic support gem linked to them.

Again all taht sounds good in your head, and looking at it on paper ... but that's just not the case when you actually play PoE.

Overall spreading your attention to million and one things is not a winning strategy in PoE. Make you main ( and only! ) attack as powerful as possible, use the auras you want and some buffs ( like blood rage ) 100% of the time, everything else is just a bonus, giving it as less attention as possible is the way to go, thus try to limit the "bonus" skills that you must actually cast on your own to the bare minimum ( no more than 2 really ) .

But it seems that you indeed are very similar to me so fro my point of you i'd say go for it try everything and in time you'll understand what i mean :D

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 28, 2016, 12:31:40 PM
What do you think about going Vaal Pact?

I'm asking because on T11+ maps, less/no regen and some stacking damage mods can hurt your life regen a lot.

I'm trying this with a Scion lvl 90 with:

Cyclone DPS with Hatred and Ash: 89844 -> Cyclone, MFD, FA, AddFire, Fortify, Elem. Focus (currently lvl 12, no quality). Can get 168k DPS with all buffs (atziri's pro, taste of hate)

2% Life Leech (duelist leech node)
0.8% mana leech (duelist leech node)
5.1k HP
11k armor
6 endurance charges
27% block chance + a 26/10 rumi's.

Using Raider ascendancy and still deciding what get next.

All maps going Ok, including a Precint with extra cold dmg. Tried an Academy double boss... trick fight but not a problem at all.
I'd say don't go for VP ... you'l have to drop blood rage which is an insane boost on top of that maps with reduce/no regen don't affect your regular leech so i see no point in going vp ( not to mention the passives you need to waste to get there )

I have to say though your block change is horrible .. and i'll say it for the 1235561523 time .. block is the single most overpowered defensive PoE mechanic it always was and it still is.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Apr 28, 2016, 3:34:30 PM
Nearly 3 years after posting the thread, you're still posting LENGTHY replies to nearly every question.

Great work man!
Thanks mate! I always try to help to the best of my ability.
Hmmmm....

If i managed to get 8 frenzy charges...

Would the IAS from the frenzy charges make something like ice crash or cyclone stronger?

What if i did this instead...
With blood magic passive and hatred

6s
Frenzy, faster attacks, melee, melee, melee splash, fire damage (or sub for fortify)

4s
cyclone, concentrated effect, fortify (sub for melee/fire), melee physical

Would working it this way with 40% ias from frenzy coupled with concentrated make the damage high? Instead of using cyclone for groups I'd use it only for harder enemies/bosses?

Well it won't have higher dps compared to 6l setup. There is absolutely no reason to use 2sets of attacks one for groups and for single target bevause you have access only to one 6l setup and the attack that is supported by 3 support gems will always be superior to your attack linked only to 2 support gems.
Hello ,

Should I use take IR if I am using the increase area evasion chest unique?

and how can i improve my gear

i was doing a similar build be different gems and passives. please advise

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAHcBIcEswUtBjkLYQz3FCAV7BZvFy8aOBo-IWAksCmlLJQvzDGeMgkyTjWSPAU8LT0PPfxAoESeRrdHfk3jUEdRYFO7VdZYY1nzXz9iF2LsZOdlTWaeZ5to8mxGbztyD3Jscql07XTxd-N4DXk5eu971HzZfuKApINfg8yElITZhO-JcYzPj5mQVZkrnleiAKZXqW6playqrK-uPq9sr6e18raKtz65Hb02vYG-p8AawGbAv8GCxPbGrsbYypDTb9i92sHjauRR7FzvDu988B_yL_MG9kj3MvrS-6r-Cv6P

Thx
Last edited by kchan821 on May 1, 2016, 1:20:16 AM
One thing I don't get, where do you people get those ridiculous numbers from?
Just for the sake of test, I bought 800% Facebreakers, Tabula Rasa around 18 level gems, the belt, the helmet, the shield, accessory with flat phys, and my DPS is 18k.
So do you get 5 times this value from the skill tree? Or the level of the gems?
"
Resine wrote:
One thing I don't get, where do you people get those ridiculous numbers from?
Just for the sake of test, I bought 800% Facebreakers, Tabula Rasa around 18 level gems, the belt, the helmet, the shield, accessory with flat phys, and my DPS is 18k.
So do you get 5 times this value from the skill tree? Or the level of the gems?

with this i have 40k dps 5linked 20% quality lvl 12 gems im guessing i will have like 45k at lvl 19-20 gems .. all unbuffed ofcourse.. i didnt take lioneye's remorse shield cuz i dont really need it.

with ancestral protector and hatred i have 65k (no frenzy charges) i have far from op gear. just saying its not impossible to get more then 18k dps

i played this from beggining of the leauge and about 3 weeks in. so i wasnt funded and i cant get legacy gear like those with insane dps have.
Last edited by Ztink on May 2, 2016, 9:10:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info