[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

What curse would you consider better for hard map bosses / atziri:

Temporal chain or enfeeble?

I used enfeeble long time, but now i realise that mobility and dodgeing is very important.... So i See temp chains as more useful.

What your opinion? :)
I've always used temp chains ( with the exception of a two week period of the reworked Punishment ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Wow. Really detailed guide you got here.
I have a question. Is your offense stats pic up to date?
I compared your build to the build posted over here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1460242
You build seems to have higher phy dmg in total. But his dps is 180k. Gearing wise I think you have similar gears. What caused the difference in dps?

12 % increased Attack Speed
12 % increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
4 % increased Melee Attack Speed
78 % increased Melee Physical Damage
98 % increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
12 % increased Physical Damage

vs

35 % increased Attack Speed
12 % increased Attack Speed while holding a Shield
9 % increased Melee Attack Speed
132 % increased Melee Physical Damage
118 % increased Melee Physical Damage while holding a Shield
26 % increased Physical Damage with Attacks

He has 4 extra jewel slots though. Could that be the reason?
Mine is absolutely up to date. The difference is that he uses Herald of Ash, doesn't use Fortify nor blood magic and instead he uses Multistrike and added fire damage and the rest is the tree differences.

With the same aura and gem setup i end up with 132k, the rest i guess should come from the tree since out gear is pretty much the same. ( unless he has some uncredited extra damage from something else )

As for jewels he has 2 more slot ( my posted tree appeared to be ... partially broken for some reasnon .. i've reposted it ). I guess that evens the tree damage related differences .

In the end again it ends up to damage vs. defenses. Even slight differences as the listed above end up to big number differences with facebreaker builds , which is awesome and makes it easy for the user to adjust his/her build to his/her preferences. :)

P.S. Actually after further investigation something is definitely missing.
My tree gives me more damage and attack speed, and when i'm using the same auras, buffs, gear, support gem ( at the same level and quality ) i'm still getting 40-50k less damage ... and with the given information i just don't see where this difference comes from. Perhaps i'm missing something ... anyone?

So yeah ...
1. same damage from the tree
2. same damage from the gear
3. same auras
4. same buffs
5. same support gems

yet he ends up with 179k dps and i end up with 132k dps ... something really is missing here.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Oct 31, 2015, 6:00:36 AM
On your screen shot you are around 400 str he is around 550, so it's around 25% more melee phy, could it be that ?
Strength doesn't give more physical damage it gives increased physical damage so nope ... not even close. That's around 2-3k dps difference and not nearly as much as 50k. Think of it as extra 2 x 12% increased physical damage passives... not much of a difference.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 1, 2015, 7:35:14 AM
I got 179k DPS with taste of hate and 156k without, but I had 4 frenzy charges and not 3.

gear

Write random stuff here
Last edited by RunMyWay on Nov 1, 2015, 3:12:12 PM
Exactly my point ... you get 156k with 1 frenzy charge more AND with Great old one's ward.
Yet in the linked build the guy has 180k WITHOUT the extra frenzy charge, WITHOUT Great old one's ward and WITHOUT any flasks.

So my question remains ... How? What am i missing ?
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 1, 2015, 3:19:34 PM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Exactly my point ... you get 156k with 1 frenzy charge more AND with Great old one's ward.
Yet in the linked build the guy has 180k WITHOUT the extra frenzy charge, WITHOUT Great old one's ward and WITHOUT any flasks.

So my question remains ... How? What am i missing ?

He has a bit of elemental damage on his passive tree and he are using iron rings, but try and look at his character if you not already have done that
Write random stuff here
Well i can't see anything that can cause a difference of 50k dps.

The differences in the trees ( jewels and strength included ) are as follows :

He has extra:
+18% increased elemental damage
+67% icnreased melee damage

I have extra:
+6% increased attack speed

The differences in the gear:

He has extra:
0-9 flat physical damage

I have extra:
12% MORE unarmed physical damage

The difference from the gems

He has extra:
1% more melee attack speed
1% increased melee physical damage
1% increased fire damage
+2% increased attack speed

So the total difference is:

He has:
+18% increased elemental damage
+67% increased melee damage
0-9 flat physical damage
1% more melee attack speed
1% increased melee physical damage
1% increased fire damage

I have extra:
12% MORE unarmed physical damage
+4% increased attack speed

Does that ends up to a difference of 50k dps ? ( i'll try to emulate the differences in a sec. )
Last edited by KorgothBG on Nov 1, 2015, 4:48:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info