[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

did people here notice from patch notes: Armour now protects you more than it did before (approximately 18% more protection).
"
kompaniet wrote:
did people here notice from patch notes: Armour now protects you more than it did before (approximately 18% more protection).

Well .. yes .. it was known for months now :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
in the guide you write: Level 1 Cast When Damage Taken + Level 5 Curse of your choice + Level 5 Tempest Shield

apparently phase run works with cwdt. maybe could be useful in a 4 link?

btw is the passive tree for each skill like before? wanna try ice crash instead of dom blow/inf blow.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 11, 2015, 12:23:14 PM
Yup the passive skill tree is for all skills.
Phase run on CWDT it is an option, but you need to keep it at low level, it consumes your frenzy charges and since you don't know when it will be triggered you'll use up the movement buff instantly most of the time. Try it out and see if you like it, personally i don't but that might be just me :)

Actually i rarely use Phase run at all ... only for backtracking in maps if needed ( and it's rarely needed )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
you should mention in the guide which of the 3 quest reward unique jewels to take from the church quest in act 2.

edit: on my lvl 90 legacy duelist facebreaker i have 108 skill points to assign from the passive reset. is there any more skill points to get from finishing act 4 on norm,cruel,merci?
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 11, 2015, 12:41:51 PM
3 more skill points total can be acquired from act 4 ( 1 per difficulty )
I mentioned which are the ONLY useful unique jewels for this build in the "Jewels" section .. so pick whatever you want in normal and merciless .. you don't need them and you won't use any of them anyway.
the passive skill tree breakdown tool at pathofpoe.com/builds/passive-calculator/ doesn't seem to work with the 2,0 tree.

need to calculate how many block passives to take. i have legacy bor 15% + lioneye 30% so 45% from those two items + 3% from tempest shield. so i would need 27% from the tree. can't see how much block you have on the 110 point passive tree.

poebuilder isn't updated either. do you know if the tree is made for abyssus or other helmets? how much block there is on it?

edit: if my calculations are right i don't need to go into ranger area. can maybe fill out the duelist life wheel instead and pick up some armour passives.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 11, 2015, 1:05:22 PM
You could always .. see the screenshots :D
I have 62% block chance ( 65% with tempest shield but please note that you don't have tempest shield all the time unless you want to recast it constantly )
so if i were to use BoR i'd be at 77% ( 80% with tempest shield ) so feel free to loose some block passives.
Hey all,

Haven't posted on this thread in awhile. Took a break from Facebreaker to play caster for awhile. But, with the new 2.0 I decided to go back to Facebreaker Mitts for a bit. The Infernal Blow nerf certainly hurt the skill, but I think it's still more than viable. I've got a high level duelist I've been using and my tests have had him comfortably clearing Level 77 maps without a problem. I also want to play Ice Crash when I get my copy leveled (found an 18% Quality version within the first hour on Standard). So I put my build together and have been putting it through the ringer. These were my build design goals and restriction:

-High DPS
-Decent Block
-High Armor
-No Blood Magic
-Use Determination + Hatred
-Viable with 600% Facebreaker Mitts, provided decent gear elsewhere.

The reason for the last bullet point is that while I have legacy Facebreaker Mitts in Standard, I want this to be viable in leagues as well. So if I planned my build for having the worst possible roll on the Facebreaker Mitts, then it'd only get better if people had better gloves. I built this mostly on the fly, building it in chunks and testing it with large amounts of points left unspent to figure out where I needed to improve the frame of the build. I welcome suggestions on the build. It is meant to use Ice Crash or Infernal Blow.

My Gear

I've actually gotten the 995% Facebreaker up to 103,000 DPS and the 600% up to 68,000 DPS or so. The DPS fluctuates, so getting a perfect screen shot is difficult.

DPS Proof - 98,000 Shown

DPS Proof - 66,000 Shown

I'm using mostly high level gems here. They're easiest to compare and they are what I have access to. I'm also going to skip over the basic stuff (you should know by reading the guide that you should be wearing an Abyssus and a Meginord's Girdle, right?) and get to the good, meaty bits. If you don't know this, go back to the start of this thread and read the guide. Anyway, I use a number of small bonuses to bring my DPS up.

DPS Tools

1) Summon Flame Golem. This guy gives me extra bonus damage as long as he is around. Awesome. Cast it and forget it. Until it goes and gets itself killed. Then recast it. Not a huge damage boost, but it helps. My gem is 15, so the DPS will go up slightly.

2) Blood Rage. I have a level 8 gem, which is pathetic, but the next highest I have is 19 and I don't have the dexterity for it (yet). This boosts my attack speed and gives me frenzy charges (up to 3 with my build). It drains 4% of my max life per second, but I regenerate so much life it doesn't impact me.

3) The Hematophagy wheel (southwest part of the Duelist section). This wheel gives me a bit more life leech (huzzah), increased maximum life leech rate and life leeched per second, and as a final bonus, we get 15% increased Damage while leeching. Extra damage and extra defensive capabilities? Sounds good to me!

4) Infernal Blow links: Faster Attacks + Melee Splash + Multistrike + Added Fire + Melee Physical Damage. Nothing out of the ordinary here. I've put Fortify on Cyclone and just Cyclone into packs to trigger it.

5) Atziri's Promise: More damage, in the form of chaos damage, and more leech? That meshes very well with this build. Sign me up!

Defensive Tools

1) Armor Stacking. Daresso's Defiance, Abyssus and Lioneye's Remorse do the bulk of the work. Then the armor nodes and shield nodes do the rest.

2) Block: I take a bunch of block wheels. I've got a rare jewel with +1% block chance socketed as well, just because I've had horrible jewel luck so far. This also lets us use Saffell's Frame for spell block bosses. I'm at 54% block overall, which works just fine.

3) Life: I take a lot of strength and life. 486 Strength and my life nodes give me 5,728 life. I have enough regeneration to get me 509.8 life regen. And I've got 1.4% physical damage life leech, +20% life leech rate modifier, and 20% enemy crit damage reduction.

4) Fortify: This is on Cyclone right now, and I use it to whirl into packs to pick up the bonus. I suspect it'll end up in my Ice Crash main link when I switch over.

5) CWDT + Enfeeble: I like defensive curses. With CWDT -Immortal Call - Enduring Cry gone, I went this way.

Anyway, that's my post on why Infernal Blow is not as bad as it seems to have been made out to be. I haven't found the corpse explosion reduction an issue with the amount of DPS this build is capable of spreading out. Let me know your criticisms and comments on the build!
My Builds:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1739942 - Flee the Fire! Fireball / Flameblast Sire of Shards Chieftain
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1572176 - Chill and Breathe: An Arctic Breath Totem Build
Last edited by Eustacio on Jul 11, 2015, 1:20:53 PM
Well it's not that Infernal blow is not playable it's just that there is no reason to play Infernal blow over let's say Ice Crash, the difference in clear speed and damage is just stunning. At the moment I'm uploading the 5 legacy white level 78 courtyard maps videos and you'll be able to compare each of them under pretty much the same conditions. For me it is clear that Cyclone and Ice Crash are just superior, while frenzy and infernal blow are far behind, i don't even want to talk about dominating blow ...

So yup you can play infernal blow but besides the way the skill looks i don't see a reason to do so. It's like going to the store - sure you can take the road that will get you there in half an hour, but why would you do that when you can take the other road that will get you there in 5 minutes ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info