[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

well it's not bad, just not really worth the 4 passives that you need to spend.
Blood rage ( at the moment ) gives you all the leech you need.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hatred + Determination are the optimal auras in my opinion... no place or need for Herald of Ash and i really don't feel the loss of it.

What about Hatred + Haste? This build is really slow. That's the ONE thing I can't stand. Yes, Quickstep helps, but Lioneye's Remorse negates that.

I feel like starting as Scion is a bit superior (if you're good at gauging when to use Taste of Hate/Granite and Rumi's flasks) since you get more damage, movement speed, and can pickup Charisma on the way to run Hatred + Determination + HoA (if you have a lvl 3 Enlighten and Conqueror's Efficiency)... Of course Duelist can be more defensive, but you can get your armour quite high with Scion too.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jul 10, 2015, 7:03:02 PM
Congratulations for the great build, I have been following it for many months now.
One small correction, the 110 points skill tree link still points to the 100 point link.
@zbutsam
Thanks man and thanks for noticing it should be fine now ^^

@Tempada
I don't know man .. i know that you favor damage and you know that i favor defense :)
Your scion tree looks fine and should deal more damage but you sacrifice so much defenses ... it is not justified if you ask me. Determination ... i don't know .. but it doubles my armour. Now add the 300% (300% !)less shield defenses from your tree and i highly doubt that you can hit even 15k armour. Also 15% less block chance, less regen ( which is very important for blood rage ) and you end up with a glass cannon version of a FB build. There's nothing wrong with that if that's your style .. but personally i prefer to be able to reach level 100 without throwing out my PC because of high level deaths. Even if that costs me 10-20% faster map clear speed.
In the end this is a talk about fine tuning and i just prefer my character to not die ... ever ... no matter what ...

EDIT:
Not to mention that scion has the perfect starting point for what you want to do ... but the starting passives are horrendous ... 4 passives for 13% attack speed ( nothing special less than 4% per point ) and the terrible 28% physical damage for 4 passives which is 7% increased physical damage per point ... just ... awful ...
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 10, 2015, 7:45:23 PM
110 skill tree still links to 100 points, at least for duelist version of guide. Your guide is awesome still :D
Last edited by Slowzombie on Jul 10, 2015, 9:36:56 PM
"
Slowzombie wrote:
110 skill tree still links to 100 points, at least for duelist version of guide. Your guide is awesome still :D

Oh damn! Now it should be fine :D

P.S. This time i've clicked the link to be sure .. don't ask me why i haven't done that the last time :D
reread the management has removed the issue, sorry for occupied space)
Last edited by deemonsik12 on Jul 10, 2015, 11:31:04 PM
Well looks like we are going to have a good time with cyclone in this patch :) Just a question, how is the mana cost of cyclone now? I was thinking of using clarity up to an uffordable level instead of determination (i was not using it anyway before) and add some -% mana cost nodes that are close to the tree + 1 or 2 elreon rings. Will that be enough to run Cyclone properly? And if this is ok, what gem would you suggest to use instead of blood magic? Would melee dmg on full life be good since as you say 95% of time you are on full life? thank you!
After making some changes my tooltip DPS is now 26.9k with just Hatred/Determination up. :(

18.5k Armour/65% damage reduction though (35k/78% with flask). Also a ton more tanky.

Here's my gear updated:

Spoiler

Anything huge that I'm missing? :)

Also I love Daresso's Defiance, even if I'm poor now (lol).
@xaikman
Well Cyclone is not that expensive now and what you are proposing ( elreon rings, high level clarity etc. ) might be an overkill. Try using Revelry and try getting some mana leech on a ring or two i think it should be ... ok. If it's not add Clarity. As for a 6th gem melee damage on full life is an option indeed though it is not that reliable, increased aoe is the other option. Try and see if it works good for you ^^

@Daxidol
Well you are lower level and because of that you don't have some damage related nodes yet. Of course the low level/no quality of your gems plays a big part of your DPS. Also use Blood Rage .. just use it ... without charges you'll be at around 30k ( that's not wth level 1 blood rage of course ) and with just 3 charges around 34k dps.
Btw buy Atziri flask ASAP ... it's dirt cheap yet it does miracles!

P.S. Why do people underestimate Determination ( and armour ) ? I find interesting that becuase of the way armour works most of the players assume that the monsters deal 187923659123961263 damage and because of that armour reduces nothing .. while in reality this is very far from the truth.
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 11, 2015, 5:08:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info