[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i've tried to run it on mana before the leech changes and even on 5L it is extremely difficult to sustain with 3% mana leech.
Now imagine that on 6L and with the new leech changes ( which makes the things worse it seems ) ... and of course you'll have to drop an aura for sure .. in my opinion it's not worth it.

As for the gem setup for a 6L i'll be using one of these 2 option well maybe 3 ( and i'll probably go for option 1. or 3.)

1.Cyclone + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Added Fire Damage

2.Cyclone + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Concentrated Effect + Increased Area of Effect

Option 1. seems much better to me but there is one problem ... it requires a GGRRRR and it's extremely hard to get that on a carcass jack ( based on the calculator on avg. it takes 2,739.4 chromes )... and without carcass jack you'll lose quite a bit of AoE Radius. There is also option 3. with carcass jack .. it will give you very good AoE radius but lower DPS

3.Cyclone + Blood Magic + Fortify + Faster Attacks + Melee Physical Damage + Increased Area of Effect

Option 3. requires GGBRRR and on avg. you can get that on carcass jack with just 191 chromes

So basically i'm thinking about going for option 3. with my carcass jack or going for option 1. and switching to Daresso's Defiance.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 24, 2015, 10:49:38 AM
"
KorgothBG wrote:
@hitreza
Well the unarmed AoE radius unique jewel seems like a must ... so i'd say between 1-5 jewel sockets. As Buks said it's all about this - is a jewel worth the points you need to spend to get the socket. 3 sockets are extremely easy to get so probably 3 would be the magic number, tho if it's really worth it we can get another 2 sockets.

@kompaniet
Well if a build becomes no longer viable after a 5-5 phys damage nerf ... that would be a very crappy build. In my case 5-5 phys costs me around 2,5k DPS ... from ~45k DPS ... so yeah .. the nerf is laughable ... I can't even say that it will affect low-mid level gameplay because it was absurdly overpowered and now it will be slightly less absurdly overpowered .
tl;dr 5-5 phys damage loss? Big whoop!

About Mantra of Force .. yeah it's mantra of fire and that's a good thing because it was extremely broken.

About Bronn's Lithe. It's good that it was buffed a bit ... but 35-50% Increased Damage with Movement Skills is not that much when it comes to a Facebreaker build. Carcass Jack still remains supreme for cyclone in my opinion because it helps with the biggest cyclone FB issue - AoE Radius .. and with the nerf to Cyclone quality bonus and the nerf to conc effect ( if you still decide to use it ... i'm considering the possibility of dropping it ) it will be even more needed than it currently is.

yes but you guys play in standard league with legacy items and 6 links left and right. you are not seeing the reality.

last time i played infernal blow facebreaker was in rampage league and i was barely pulling 20k dps with my 5 link and abyssus if i remember right. also need to have some buffer for enfeeble maps and what not. with this nerf i think 20k might be hard to reach now. need to have so good jewelry.

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Yes, you are missing the biggest nerf it now gives "less" AoE radius and not just "reduced" AoE radius.
It sounds the same but the difference between more/less and increased/reduced is huge. Read about it in the wiki ^^
Simply put - now it messes up your radius even more... much more.
Add the loss of 10% increased AoE radius of the cyclone and it gets even worse.

aoe on conc effect is negligible. i just swap it in for bosses so even with zero aoe it would still get the job done. aoe dmg is only needed for packs.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 24, 2015, 10:52:51 AM
Well there is a good point in your post ... but ... if you want good results you need good gear. If you want to clear all content even 15k unflasked cyclone DPS is more than enough.
On your 20k dps with the meginord nerf you'll have 18,5k dps in the worst case scenario .. and that is not a big deal and can't be felt at all ( telling you this from experience ).
And again man ... for some reason you miss the fact that there are also buffs - i.e. jewels, which in the end will make up ( make up for it in the worst case scenario ) for the small DPS.
Things like Fortify will allow the players who don't have great gear to focus earlier and more on damage in the passive skill tree because of the huge defensive buff that it provides.
Etc. etc. you have to look at the whole picture.

To put it simple imagine this situation:
They nerf Facebreaker gloves and now they can go up to only 750% more physical damage but at the same time they buff the meginord and it now gives 20-30 physical damage. Is that a nerf or a buff ?

As for concentrated effect. Yes it is only needed for packs . And killing packs is what every PoE player does 99% of the time.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jun 24, 2015, 10:59:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc6bG_zNqT4

Started as marauder though :)
looks good to me :)
Do you want me to put the video in the "Videos" section ? :)
All this talk about AoE is making me think I should trade my 6L Belly of the Beast for Carcass Jack. The AoE with a qual 20 Cyclone, Belly, Amplify on the tree, and Concentrated Effect (no Increased Area of Effect) doesn't bother me on live, although it's certainly a small radius. Does that setup feel unusable in beta, even with Martial Artistry?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Well in the beta with your gear you'll have a bit less AoE even with martial artistry( which btw was nerfed and the max roll atm is 15% and not 25% ) which pretty much takes care of the loss of aoe from the cyclone quality bonus ... but not the conc effect nerf
But if you are ok with your AoE in the live server you'll feel fine in the Awakening.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
martial artistry( which btw was nerfed and the max roll atm is 15% and not 25% )

Yikes, I didn't know that. That's a shame, especially since they got rid of the unarmed range gem.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Yup. They went from "We'll make completely insane and even broken unique jewels for unarmed" to "No jewels for you unarmed! Now get out of my sight!"
For me the biggest hit is the concentrated effect. I must admit that it was too good and something had to be done. The nerf is completely justified but sadly due to the initial low aoe radius of unarmed cyclone at the moment i don't tink that it's worth it to use it at all ... and as i've said .. i'm almost 100% positive that i won't use it ( unless some new changes pop-up ) .Of course i will first test it before doing anything.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
looks good to me :)
Do you want me to put the video in the "Videos" section ? :)

Sure :)

Spoiler

My next upgrade will be switching from Belly to Carcass :) Trying to get my hands on a 6-link right now :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info