[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

First, I'd like to say that I am really enjoying this build. I can already do far harder content then I ever could with my other characters.

Now for my question...

I've got my guy (Marauder) up to level 79. He currently has 4.4k life. Obviously I'm hitting life nodes on the skill tree at this point.

His dps is 4705.6 per second. This seems lousy compared to the stats I've seen in your original guide.

Oh yeah, the question...

What can I do at this point to up his life to that 6k I see you sporting and the dps?

Will link gear and tree here too. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Spoiler

Gear

Fyi: I'm working slowly on improving his rings/amulet. For now, those are the best I have. Work in progress.
Last edited by Moonbeat on Feb 27, 2015, 10:14:17 AM
Hey Moonbeat
First i'll say a few words about your DPS.
Get rid of the life leech support gem. You have plenty life regen and all you need is 1% which you can get from the skill tree ( for 3 passive skill points ).
Please get better rolled facebreakers .. yours are close to the worst possible ... and 750%-800% rolled gloves in Standard are just so cheap... even low rolled legacy gloves are very cheap ... get a pair ASAP
Your amulet ... it does... close to nothing in terms of ... everything... The amulet is the second piece of your gear (after your helmet) with the highest possible flat physical damage.. so yea .. get a better amulet .. and do it fast!
Do these 3 things and you'll pretty much triple your DPS.

Now about the life. You get lots of life when you level up - 12 per level and that 12 is multiplied by your +X% maximum life from your tree/gear ( meginord's girdle). So as you level up your life will just go up. Also one of your rings lack ANY life, so does your amulet, your chest has very low life your boots have mediocre life. Eventually when you get better gear with better life rolls you'll end up with more life.

Looking at your tree i see that you have problems with resistances (again mainly caused by your gear... and probably bandit reward from normal?). Now you have the 3 x 12% fire/cold/lightning nodes behind the Diamond skin passive .. that's all good but you can get 16% all res for just 2 points with the 2 x 8% all res while holding a shield in the Sanctuary cluster. I'd suggest to respec the 3 solo 12% nodes and get those two .. you'll end up saving 1 passive skill point and gaining 4% all res on top of that.
Get rid of some of the 5% life in the big Constitution cluster and get Barbarism cluster. You'll lose 6% life but you'll get resists which you obviously need badly .. in the end you might be able to free a point from a res node so could get back that missing life .. end you'll end up with the same life and res on top of that ... and max fire res on top of that.

Also don't invest so heavily in armour .. it's simply not needed. Get the 40% shield defenses in Defiance tho if you need armour that badly
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 27, 2015, 10:25:54 AM
That gives me direction and a ton to work on. Thank you. I wasn't aware that so much life came with each level so that's a relief.

No one can say you don't give detailed replies!

I suspect I'm just going to need a lot of alchemy stones to work on getting just the right rings/amulet. Or I can buy them I suppose but I like making them better.

I'll work on better gloves first.

Thank you for the guidance!
Making notes for improvements led me to more questions on the amulet, which your right, mine sucks the big one for this build.

Ok so, Onyx Amulet vs. Citrine. I have legacy Onyx amulets so the +20 base roll is not a problem. However, how is it better when Citrine will give me +24? I know I miss out on the Intelligence, but does having intelligence really boost anything for my guy?

I assume the highest physical damage mod can go on either of the neck pieces?

Oh and resists, actually my resists are capped (except chaos). I did the 8% to resists on the bandits.
I guess I like to hit resist nodes so I depend less on gear for that.

Without any gear on at all I sit at 63% resists in normal, 3% in Merciless.
Last edited by Moonbeat on Feb 27, 2015, 11:51:11 AM
Buying the rings/amulet would be much easier.
But if you want to craft them i'd suggest to do this:
1. get a high white itemlevel ring/amulet
2. transmute it then start using alternations ( and augmentations when it rolls just 1 mod) until you get high physical damage roll and possible a good lightning/fire/cold/all res or life leech(since you need some leech) mod .
3. After that regal it and pray to th RNG gods for something useful.
4. Even if you don't get something useful.. no worries ... just use a crafting bench and craft life on it(or a certain resist if you need any).
5. Congratulations! You have a nice item! Not expensive ... but nice! Well ... you can always end up with two tier one rolls from alternations and another tier one useful mod from the regal orb .. and end up with an awesome and rather expensive item .. but i wouldn't count on that ;)

I must warn you again tho ... that simply buying the ring/amulet that you need would most likely be easier and cheaper.

EDIT:
On your question. All amulet mods can roll on all amulet types. Intelligence gives 5 mana per 10 points and 2% increased maximum ES per 10 points. So you don't need any of those but you might need the intelligence at some point as a requirement for a gem and/or item. On the other hand 4 more str or dex .. you won't notice them ... ever.
If you want to craft the amulet and have a legacy onyx amulet .. go for it ... but see its itemlevel first because you want to be able to roll high level mods on it after all :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 27, 2015, 11:46:22 AM
Item level!!! Ack! Never thought of that!

*cries*

I think your right. I'll start shopping. lol
You're 'cheap' response said you could get a Lioneye's Remorse for between 2 and 4 chaos, but people are asking for about an exalt, what's up with that?
Some people can ask 1 mirror ... but most don't ..
and of course .. proof as always..
Shields with online sellers and buyouts as we speak
Torment:
Spoiler

Standard:
Spoiler

P.S.
Come on people .. working with poe.trade is not that hard -_-
Last edited by KorgothBG on Feb 27, 2015, 5:34:52 PM
Actually, I didn't even know about PoE trade.

...but I do now! *runs to shop more*
I picked up a Lionseye for 1 chaos tonight :P so POE.trade is AWESOME! I got all the gear I needed for 7-9c and that is all the suggested gear uniques and what not so go there. Also at what lvl does this build become 100% usable? I mean like when can I really use those face breakers? thanks a ton :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info