[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Well i'd suggest to get better boots, a better (if possible 6L) chest. Also use master crafting benches to improve your iron ring and amber amulet.

As for what attack skill you shold use .. well .. it's up to yo really .. personally i'm a big fan of cyclone lately. If you decide to use cyclone i'd suggest that you get a 5-6L carcass jack.

Get the new counterattack gems - they are truly awesome!
Look at the auras that i'm suggesting.
Look at the cast when damage taken trigger skill setups.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I would love to use cyclone actually I have been looking over your build and trying to find items I can use for that particular one. However a 6L carcass jack seems a bit out of my price range, and due to the fact I haven't played in a while I don't have all the gems needed to make the build currently. I also have no reputation for masters yet because I need to fill in my tree so I am at a bit of a stand still. I was also wondering is the skill tree you use is basically the same for all the different builds with minor tweaks based on damage and survivability?
IGN: xHulk_Smashx

This is a beta and we are all just testers.
Well don't worry 5L Carcass Jack is enough. As for the gems ... well ... you can get any gm for 1 fusing so that shuld worry you. As for the masters ... you should find someone with high enough master level to do the crafting for you. As for the skill tree - i se the same one actually. The biggest "difference" is that if yo are not sing Cyclone you can skip Amplify (tho using it is not a bad idea, it's just not 100% needed ).
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
gosuion wrote:
Hello, I have been reading over your builds and trying to catch up with the new posts as far as updated skills. I took a very long break from the game probably close to a year. I am having a bit of trouble deciding which skill to go with. I use to have an infernal blow build set up but my survivability was not great.

These are my current items at lvl 83 along with the skill gems I was using before I took the break.

I have 21 exalts, 49 chaos, 12 GCP before I took the break also, and was wondering what I should invest my currency in to see the biggest gains in gear.

*Note I need to get Saffell's Frame still as well*

Any help is greatly appreciated, and my friend actually recommended the facebreaker build to me right after closed beta ended. It has been my favorite since and kept me playing and has finally brought me back wanting to revamp it.

If you can afford perfect 1000% legacy facebreakers you ought to be able to 4 link your items to start with. Also the links? Like portal + faster attacks + frenzy? I assume these are just placeholders for now.

Keep abyssus, meginord, lioneye, and the 5 link chest unless you can afford a 6 link. I'd would replace 2 of the jewelry with one that has mana leech and one that has life leech unless you can get both those stats on one item.

Finally get some boots with life, resists and move speed.
That's what i would do.

Also drop life leech gem expecially since you are using warlord's mark. Normally 1-2% physical leech is enough to keep you going but warlord is good for situations where you want higher life recovery.
Just a recap of how cheap this build is to pull off even in a new league.
Here is my rampage facebreaker from the previous challenge league:

bought for 1 chaos
bought for 1 chaos
found. but is a 1 chaos item.
bought for 1 chaos
bought for 3 chaos
bought for 3 alts
found this. gonna craft some res on it. looks like it's a 1 chaos item too anyway.

bought for an alch if my memory serves me
think i bought for 5-7 chaos.

Total charachter cost: Like 15-17 chaos orbs if you have to buy every item (i didn't as shown above) Affordable by i would say anyone in a new league as a second charachter. You will easily have accumulated these orbs from a playthrough normal to merciless.

The dps of this rampage ib facebreaker was about 25k pre patch. Would be much more now. For this little currency spent it's hard to beat.

Hope this was of some help to newer players and help to the guide by korgothbg.
Last edited by kompaniet on Dec 21, 2014, 12:13:54 PM
Just wanted to show off briefly my 1.3 Cyclone Facebreaker, it's quite viable in high maps, and clears extremely fast. It is legacy Facebreakers, but I'm sure it would perform equally well with non-legacy version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecRXEP50y4c

Tooltip dps is around 50k, and can go to around 65k with the Atziri flask.

Short range of unarmed Cyclone is offset by proliferated HoA, which synergizes well with Increased AoE passives. Even though Facebreakers can't crit, overkill damage is quite high due to insane phys damage, which you can see in the VOD as to how fast the burn damage kills even off-screen mobs.

Physical immunity is accomplished by having 21 seconds of Immortal Call and 8 endurance charges active (when needed - in lower maps I only do EC-IC, while in harder maps I do EC-IC-EC).

On top of that, there's 21% chance to evade and 33% chance to block, just for that rare moments when your IC is not up (one such occasion in the VOD).

I use 2 quicksilvers of adrenaline, to offset lack of movement skills (though, Shield charge is nice now, but it has that end animation that slows it down a bit). Also, Cycloner can benefit from MS in 1.3 to gain effective APS (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1140373).

Showcase: Zana daily, lvl 75 Pier, 30% phys reduction (even with that, clear speed is amazing).

Setup:

**Abyssus**: Enhance - IC - ID - BM

**Carcass**: Cyclone - MPD - BM - Added Fire - Conc. Effect - FA

**996% Facebreakers**: HoA - Ele. Prolif - Inc. Burning - IAE

Skill tree: http://tinyurl.com/prxl55j

Cyclone is much, much better now in regards to desync, at least from my experience so far.

The character is still sub 90 and some gems are still not 20/20, so I'm planning to get him at least to lvl 95, and max all gems. Should be even better then.

I feel perma IC goes really well with Facebreakers, because you don't need to invest points in armor, evasion nor block. Also, proliferated HoA extends the range at which you kills mobs quite considerably.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Well it's all good if it works out for you Odoakar. Personally that's not my thing, i find loosing time to cast EC and IC very unrelaible, slow and clunky, awlays worried about charges timers etc. etc. Thats really horrifying for me. I prefer stacking more block and life and armour

Prolifirating HoA i also find ... unsatisfing ... usually there is no enemies left to be burned etc ... idk ... i've tried it and i've found it to be completly useless... and waching your video i still can't see its usefulness

also i can't help ut ntice that in several occasions you were left at dangerously low life ( ~1000 ) and the damage spikes are pretty intense in some moments.. such things are unwanted in high character levels ... not to mention that i'd imagine it will be worse it more difficult higher level maps.

But again that's just me and my playstyle :)
If it works out and fits well for you thats all that matters ^^

and is that a daresso shield or just the skin? because the shield is terrible ...
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 21, 2014, 1:14:22 PM
Skin. This is the real shield:

I usually play more carefully, the point of vid was to demonstrate the clear speed. I rarely get in risky situation when I play normally, but yeah, it's a hassle self casting IC. I like it though, keeps me on my toes and makes the gameplay more engaging. I prefer it to autocast IC+CwDT.

Without prolif HoA, I always found range of cyclone to be unbearably short, due to using Conc effect. It really boost my dps, so I don't want to swap it out.

I guess there are more than one option for cyclone facebreakers:)

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I absolutely agree there are more than 1 way to play the cylcone FB that's for sure ^^

About the range ... you are range you are absolutely right but that's because yo don't use increased AoE instead of added fire, lower tooltip dps, no real difference in damage and better DPS, but yea i guess the way yo use HoA makes up for that.

The sheld looks cool if yo don't need block or armour , which you don't as long as you have your IC up... hell if it was me i would've forget to use it all the time! :D
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 21, 2014, 5:13:22 PM
I was able to afford the perfect legacy facebreakers because I traded for them before they were legacy then I took the break from the game. I was able to afford the 6l carcass jack, but a quick question why don't I invest a point in iron reflexes if the build is all about armor and blocking? I am going for pretty much the same build for cyclone as the post.
IGN: xHulk_Smashx

This is a beta and we are all just testers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info