[2.4] How to smash Heads. Extremely detailed guide about the Facebreaker gloves and builds!

Ok, ill try it.

im not so much worried about my "physical" blocking with lioneyes anyway....

But the spell blocking dropping from 75% to 56% will hurt... it was a close enough fight with dominus, merveille, magaera, piety and the deah and taxes guy at 75% spell block already.

Another question while your here though.
Im surprised you pick 3% max health + 10% flask recovey over flat 5% health nodes.
Whats the reasoning behind that?

Regards
Deagle

We already have a good amount of life. Those passives that boost life flasks aren't bad at all.
The builds not going badly for me, still, a week after the patch.

Smahsh's facerauder.

Added in haste. I feel armor could be doing a little better, but i haven't ripped much, and i'm enjoying the build I've put together. 5800 hp is no laughing matter.

The gear i'm using isn't very expensive, either. It's a good way to jump into some mapping in standard on the cheap, and like i said, i'm happy with it.

Recknoning is a boss counter-attack, btw. i suggest finding a spot for it and adding supports to it, as it just helps wreck a little more. Shield charge has been fairly helpful as far as elemental proliferation goes with herald on ash towards packs you hit, but I believe there's still a desync issue there. I think testing is worth it, and if anything, i'd drop shield charge in favor of supporting reckoning, or one of the other counterattacks. Personally, I want to see reckoning and shield charge work hand in hand.
"
memnoch998 wrote:
The builds not going badly for me, still, a week after the patch.

Smahsh's facerauder.

Added in haste. I feel armor could be doing a little better, but i haven't ripped much, and i'm enjoying the build I've put together. 5800 hp is no laughing matter.

The gear i'm using isn't very expensive, either. It's a good way to jump into some mapping in standard on the cheap, and like i said, i'm happy with it.

Recknoning is a boss counter-attack, btw. i suggest finding a spot for it and adding supports to it, as it just helps wreck a little more. Shield charge has been fairly helpful as far as elemental proliferation goes with herald on ash towards packs you hit, but I believe there's still a desync issue there. I think testing is worth it, and if anything, i'd drop shield charge in favor of supporting reckoning, or one of the other counterattacks. Personally, I want to see reckoning and shield charge work hand in hand.

Looking good. I have a few questions though.

1. Why do you have a lvl 20 leapslam in your helm? It's unusable for us.
2. You should put 20 quality on melee splash and corrupt it if you wish. It's another 20% increased aoe. The most important gem to get quality on together with infernal blow which you strangely have max quality on. Mistake?
3. If you can get an item with mana leech you can replace the blood magic gems. This is a huge upgrade. Another gemslot for such a small effort.
4. Low level cwdt linked to some low level spells? I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here. Can you explain?
Looking good. I have a few questions though.

1. Why do you have a lvl 20 leapslam in your helm? It's unusable for us.
2. You should put 20 quality on melee splash and corrupt it if you wish. It's another 20% increased aoe. The most important gem to get quality on together with infernal blow which you strangely have max quality on. Mistake?
3. If you can get an item with mana leech you can replace the blood magic gems. This is a huge upgrade. Another gemslot for such a small effort.
4. Low level cwdt linked to some low level spells? I don't see what you are trying to accomplish here. Can you explain?
--

well, let's see.

1. I'm currently reserved out of mana, was trying to save a spot to skip around with my offhand, which is full of enhances and empowers.

2. This is good advice. I'll work on it next

3. See 1, i'll figure it out once i can 6l.

and 4. I'm missing a good pair of boots with mv speed and the stats that I want. It's a placeholder for now, making sure I have resists capped. The cwdt linkup is pretty worthless as is, and i'm working on it.

Thanks for the suggestions. Any other questions?
Last edited by memnoch998 on Dec 19, 2014, 12:54:23 PM
A little update from my side:

While the damage isnt as high as before anymore its still more than enough to kill whatever.
I could still boost myself to 94k DPS if i want to by switching my Ring, Amu and the LL Gem.

Items now are:
clicky

The tree looks like:

DPS are at 58k (72k with the damage amulet, around 92k if you remove vaal pact and go back to 2LL)
Damage of Reckoning is 14.4k with a range able to hit ranged mobs
Block Chances are 65/49
Immune to Relfect

Shield Stuff could be replaced with armor stuff if desired, but i like the self refilling shields on block.

Vaal Pact instantly refills your Life on pretty much every hit if something manages to penetrate the shield.

PN: Haegar_der_Schreckliche
Last edited by DerPizzadieb on Dec 19, 2014, 2:50:46 PM
Added "counterattack skills" section

P.S. Special thanks to Iuliana Bojinovska for her generous donation!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Dec 20, 2014, 8:03:41 AM
Hello

I was thinking about making a Facebreaker character. Concept has always been intresting for me. I also noticed that unarmed attacks also work with Dominating Blow, a skill that has also intrested me quite a bit.

The downfall of the skill is the mana cost. I prefer having my skills use mana. Is this possible?

I was thinking that character needs mana quite a bit. Getting mana from skill tree is usually bundled with some other effects, like mana regen (which would be also good). I calculated that getting reduced mana cost nodes from Marauder tree isn't that beneficial (I might be wrong).

Another way to cut mana cost is using Elreon's rings. Highest possible is -16 (assuming you craft two good iron rings from those rings).

If anything doesn't work, I'll scrap the idea and make Dominating Blow to use life.
Making Dominating blow to work on mana is too much troble for too little gain ... just use blood magic support gem .. wasting 126351623 points on mana, sacrificing auras jst so you can cast with mana is not worth it at all!
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hello, I have been reading over your builds and trying to catch up with the new posts as far as updated skills. I took a very long break from the game probably close to a year. I am having a bit of trouble deciding which skill to go with. I use to have an infernal blow build set up but my survivability was not great.

These are my current items at lvl 83 along with the skill gems I was using before I took the break.

I have 21 exalts, 49 chaos, 12 GCP before I took the break also, and was wondering what I should invest my currency in to see the biggest gains in gear.

*Note I need to get Saffell's Frame still as well*

Any help is greatly appreciated, and my friend actually recommended the facebreaker build to me right after closed beta ended. It has been my favorite since and kept me playing and has finally brought me back wanting to revamp it.
IGN: xHulk_Smashx

This is a beta and we are all just testers.
Last edited by gosuion on Dec 20, 2014, 5:44:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info