Descent is amazing!

i missed it but was really looking forward to it. That much more excited to play next.
"
MyH4o wrote:
I bet ya all who had such incredible fun didnt even get to the cruel part... it's so much "fun" in there with -20 res...

Yup. A rare merviel daughter in the cave at lvl 11 and slim resists was the end of the line for me :)
I made it to cruel. And I did have fun. Although I do think the statue zone is way to difficult for how early it appears in the sequence.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
I made it to cruel. And I did have fun. Although I do think the statue zone is way to difficult for how early it appears in the sequence.
I like how the Ice Shots from the statues incentivize you to go into cold resist before dealing with Cruel (where it's all but required); that particular effect only works if the area is moderately difficult. I think they overdid it a little though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 30, 2013, 2:06:55 AM
ye it was good
"
From the ladder results of the top 2000 characters in the second Descent event

Division by class
A more sophisticated version of this can be found in my own thread here.

The facts of the matter are: despite the amazing quantities of duelists, the best-performing class for you average Joe, in both 007 and 009, was ranger. The hordes of duelists come in second performance-wise, with marauders coming in third with actually very average performance (sorry Psyborg). Templar come in fourth, and witches and shadows are just about tied for last. Rangers earned a little less than 30% more XP than shadows, so the gap between best and worst, while substantial, isn't that huge; Descent races are just flat-out hard for everyone.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 30, 2013, 10:24:20 PM
Descent is the best kind of race from Season 3 so far.

Tried going Witch first time around and I survived, but progression was s-l-o-w.
Rolled a Duelist on my second Descent, and had a cleave-tastic time advancing.

There seems to be a need for better balance with the other classes. But overall, I really think this would be a great addition to the game if they made it a regular feature.
"
odd, in both races I've had an abundance of wisdom scrolls, a dearth of things to ID.

Descent is love-hate for me. I know I could do better if I'd stop playing melee shadow but if I'm going to stop playing the style I like and enjoy, I might as well not play at all.

in most of the races so far i still seem to be running short on wisdom scrolls even with converting teleport, scraps and small white items into wis scrolls.

having said that, arent some of the chest rewards wisdom scrolls?
I like this new system so much that I can't wait for the day when GGG makes it a permanent league without time limit.
Exploring those maps slowly and setting up the gear step by step would be an amazing experience in my opinion.

Do you guys think it'll happen?
Yo dawg i've put an rpg inside your rpg ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info