0.10.0! - In Depth Ground Slam Marauder

Updated with my current Character

"
clinx1337 wrote:
What about something like this?

PvP Marauder

Good HP regen, decent damage, good block... seems like a well rounded pvp char thats hard to kill

Get the extra life from flasks ( regens your health faster ), get 6% max resistances and remove blood magic because then you can't use any auras.
Last edited by Struyk on Aug 9, 2012, 2:09:13 PM
"
Struyk wrote:

"
clinx1337 wrote:

PvP Marauder

Good HP regen, decent damage, good block... seems like a well rounded pvp char thats hard to kill

Get the extra life from flasks ( regens your health faster ), get 6% max resistances and remove blood magic because then you can't use any auras.

I was thinking, would it be viable to build around shield charge since it stuns, isnt super high mana cost and never misses? Seems like you could forgo RT also since it never misses and get the hp regen in the middle of the tree to bump up survivability?

Resistances could also be worth getting. You could also get rid of attack speed since shield charge is pretty quick too. I dont know how +physical damage nodes apply to it. Since +%physical damage says it applies to 1h weapons?

Something like this? PVP

Or is RT going to be necessary versus high Dex?

Also, is there anywhere on the tree that increases stun duration? Seems like this could be good for shield charge as well?

Last edited by clinx1337 on Aug 9, 2012, 6:05:32 PM
"
clinx1337 wrote:
"
Struyk wrote:

"
clinx1337 wrote:

PvP Marauder

I was thinking, would it be viable to build around shield charge since it stuns, isnt super high mana cost and never misses? Seems like you could forgo RT also since it never misses and get the hp regen in the middle of the tree to bump up survivability?

Resistances could also be worth getting. You could also get rid of attack speed since shield charge is pretty quick too. I dont know how +physical damage nodes apply to it. Since +%physical damage says it applies to 1h weapons?

Something like this? PVP

Or is RT going to be necessary versus high Dex?

Also, is there anywhere on the tree that increases stun duration? Seems like this could be good for shield charge as well?

I really don't like shield charge, don't know why...
Just feels weak when I try it lol

PS: Updated build to a non-pvp one for now.
I have a couple questions. You took the 2x +3% resist nodes but you missed the 2x 10% armor and 1x 6% resist node to the right of Lava Lash. Wouldn't the armor be beneficial to your build? Is Lava Lash necessary? If you are planning on using a spammable aoe ability, isn't resolute technique necessary? I get not using it to get crits while using single target abilities. I just don't get why you would skip it if you are using ground slam or any aoe ability as a main ability. I am pretty new and I absolutely despise missing already!
"
Hauserdaddy77 wrote:
I have a couple questions. You took the 2x +3% resist nodes but you missed the 2x 10% armor and 1x 6% resist node to the right of Lava Lash. Wouldn't the armor be beneficial to your build? Is Lava Lash necessary? If you are planning on using a spammable aoe ability, isn't resolute technique necessary? I get not using it to get crits while using single target abilities. I just don't get why you would skip it if you are using ground slam or any aoe ability as a main ability. I am pretty new and I absolutely despise missing already!

I really have no problems with resistances, because of gear and endurance charges. Also the 20% armor is very minor.
Updated Guide!

Took Iron Reflexes so we can use Grace for a HUGE armour bonus!
Updated

Removed last endurance charge and elemental damage because 5 endurance charges is more then enough to hit 90% reduction.

Right now running maps soooooooooo smoothly. 81% All resists, 90% damage reduction and 1.6k hp and 12% lifesteal ;)
You should add some steps to the guide, so that players know how the tree should look with lvl20, 40 etc.

And actually instead of the Items I guess it would be more usefull to give name certain stats, that help this build.

Well actually I guess the Ground-Slam Marauder is as boring as the Lightning-Strike Marauder and incredible easy, since you hit so unbelievable large amounts of mobs, that you permanently restore your live.

Warlords mark should be usefull, but since you can cast it quite fast you could also just cast it manually. The problem with the totem is, that it is really stupid at targeting things. It targets the same enemy over and over, and if you use the totem, it dictates which enemies you have to slay.

So I would go for increased area instead of the totem support and cast it manually, since I guess that you cast the auras via weapon swap.
"
Emphasy wrote:
You should add some steps to the guide, so that players know how the tree should look with lvl20, 40 etc.

And actually instead of the Items I guess it would be more usefull to give name certain stats, that help this build.

Well actually I guess the Ground-Slam Marauder is as boring as the Lightning-Strike Marauder and incredible easy, since you hit so unbelievable large amounts of mobs, that you permanently restore your live.

Warlords mark should be usefull, but since you can cast it quite fast you could also just cast it manually. The problem with the totem is, that it is really stupid at targeting things. It targets the same enemy over and over, and if you use the totem, it dictates which enemies you have to slay.

So I would go for increased area instead of the totem support and cast it manually, since I guess that you cast the auras via weapon swap.

I will after I figure out the steps lol...
I SO WANT that 550 damage unique 2h mace, HOLY MOLY
I think guide is done untill next patch!

Anyone interested in watching livestream / a video of my doing i60+ maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info