Currency Calculator (Updated July 13, 2016)

"
inamory wrote:
on anarchy:
i've been consistently buying 1 gcp for 2 chaos, not 3
1 exalted has been selling for 35-40 chaos

I am struggling to get 16 GCP for my exault at the moment

The prices on the site are way out of date now
Exa is around 29 chaos now. Any chance of an update? I really enjoy using your website.
Azas Emporium
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504519
Yeah don't use this now. Best way to get current prices? Find the ratios through various answers you obtain in your league's global/trade, then either do the numbers in your head or even use calculator.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
I want to apologize for the extensive delay in an update. I have been moving the site and have enjoying a other games. I have plans to include the rest of the leagues I just need more input from those leagues. I plan to have them up by the end of the month but I can't make that a promise at this time.
"
WhiteSammy wrote:
I want to apologize for the extensive delay in an update. I have been moving the site and have enjoying a other games. I have plans to include the rest of the leagues I just need more input from those leagues. I plan to have them up by the end of the month but I can't make that a promise at this time.

You need to have extensive knowledge of certain league prices as they fluctuate daily a few sites offer nice ratios for individual leagues based on daily trades witch is nice , this wont be, already last night 4people told me to sell them orbs at ridiculous rates claiming this site was the real ratios.

So I will ask nice, don't do it please. only update the chart if you know what you are saying for specific leagues and PLAY in them. if you don't then just dont set prices there's already a few or people can see for themselves or ask around or google. not trying to be mean , what I am saying is unless you can truly weekly (MINUMUM) go in every league spend an hour or so figuring out the average ratios, Then this will be just another chart that has completely worked in favor of confusing newer/less experiences players and frustrate anyone who knows those ratios are bogus and updated.

Im serious this is bigger then you think please consider only posting the leagues you will play regularly or don't do it at all.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
Fleshbits wrote:
"
WhiteSammy wrote:
I know how to code html, i just dont want to have to deal with the upkeep of the site in that fashion.

Sorry to be an ass, but HTML isn't code. That's like saying, "I know how to calculate the dictionary."
--signed Arrogant Programmer

But here are some hints:
Google dynamic dns services. dyndns is a popular one.
Google IIS, it isn't hard.
Download Visual Studio Express, it is free.
Create a website project.
Edit default.aspx
Put it in your folder that you configured IIS to use.
Viola. you have a website for free.

If you want dynamic content, such as a calculator, you'll have to learn a language like C#, Javascript, etc, but Amazon has plenty of books and it really isn't hard at all.

What do you mean it isn't code? It kind of is, in fact. That's why people have a job called "web design". While it could be argued that it is "design" and not code, people who code games are (in general) labelled as "game designers". Not to mention, you can get pretty complex with HTML and make some amazing things. For example, http://www.jimcarrey.com/index_jc.html
Last edited by Age_of_War on Mar 19, 2014, 9:50:39 AM
"
Sawm wrote:
You need to have extensive knowledge of certain league prices as they fluctuate daily a few sites offer nice ratios for individual leagues based on daily trades witch is nice , this wont be, already last night 4people told me to sell them orbs at ridiculous rates claiming this site was the real ratios.

So I will ask nice, don't do it please. only update the chart if you know what you are saying for specific leagues and PLAY in them. if you don't then just don't set prices there's already a few or people can see for themselves or ask around or Google. not trying to be mean , what I am saying is unless you can truly weekly (MINIMUM) go in every league spend an hour or so figuring out the average ratios, Then this will be just another chart that has completely worked in favor of confusing newer/less experiences players and frustrate anyone who knows those ratios are bogus and updated.

Im serious this is bigger then you think please consider only posting the leagues you will play regularly or don't do it at all.

For the record, I play in both Ambush, Normal, and a smidgen of Hardcore and have previously stated numerous times that the ratios here ARE NOT set in stone and are merely guidelines for the current averages I have seen. I waited a little over 2 weeks before bumping this thread and publicly updating the ratios as to make sure that I compiled a GENERAL consensus for the ratios you see.

What would be helpful to me is if you would let me know what ratios you are talking about. I erred on the low side as to not spur unwarranted inflation. The only ratio that I can think of off the top of my head they may be somewhat shaky would be Chaos:Divines since people are asking anywhere from 1:1-2:1 Exalts for a Divine.

EDIT:
I just checked the analytics of the site and there have only been 9 unique visitors since when I updated the site last night. Gonna call bullshit on 4 different people citing this site as their reference.
Last edited by WhiteSammy on Mar 19, 2014, 10:51:19 AM
I think it should be noted, that generally, 300alts=1ex, but 200chroms=1ex.

Alts =/= Chroms
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I think it should be noted, that generally, 300alts=1ex, but 200chroms=1ex.

Alts =/= Chroms

Is that just for high volume Exalt trades because that would put Alts at ~14 per Chaos and Chromes at 9 per Chaos. To me that seems like a bulk rate.

I was considering the previous ratio from Anarchy which was Chroms 14:1 Chaos and Alts 16:1 Chaos but I have witnessed many trades of Chromes at 16:1 and therefore chose to forgo increasing the value of Chromes.
Last edited by WhiteSammy on Mar 19, 2014, 10:21:58 AM
The values presented here or rough crowdsourced numbers pulled from poe.trade's currency market. For the most part I took the ratios for both C>?? and ??>C and averaged them together. That is why GCP, Regals, Regrets, and Vaals are currently 1:1. For example Vaals:Chaos is roughly 11:10 while Chaos:Vaals is also 11:10 and therefore equal out.

The most volatile ratios atm seem to be Keys, Offering, and Mortal Hope. All three of those values changed significantly over the past week from when I started compiling information.

If I come across a similarly giant discrepancy again it will updated off schedule.

I will be adding in Exceptions to the values over the course of this next week. Exceptions are things like C:Ex is 73:1 and C:Divine is 13:1 BUT Divine:Ex ISN'T 5.6:1 but rather 7:1. Those things take a little more math and therefore more time to implement.
Last edited by WhiteSammy on Jul 2, 2016, 4:38:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info