[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

"
Brazilski wrote:
"

There's really no chance that would work for endgame. You only have 5 life passives. If you don't mind losing that 140% increased evasion, I'd recommend this method of getting to the shadow tree instead:

It costs less points, you'd get more projectile damage/speed, more life, life regen, 30% chance to avoid being stunned, and closer access to Charisma. I'm not sure why you're going so far up into the tree though. And I can't tell if this is supposed to be an evasion or armor based build. You don't have Iron Reflexes so I assumed evasion since you also had 140% increased evasion passives, but you also took that +50% armor rating. If that was just a means of making it down to the bottom of the tree, i would highly recommend this instead, you need the life:

Uhm,.. both really, but if I have to choose: Evasion.

Thanks for the help. Basically, I don't have a clue what I'm doing. This is my first character and I'm only lvl 15. I skipped out on all the life nodes simply because in other games I played it was a redundant stat (mainly Titan Quest).

The reason I went that far up in the tree to the right was because I wanted the extra fire and ignition bonusses from Blaze, and criticals from Mental Acuity and Spell Power. I found that alternative Heart of Oak route too and agree it's better, but if you tell it's better to ignore the Blaze path alltogether I wouldn't object.

Regarding the route to the left, that also was just a means to making it to Iron Grip and Avatar of Fire. Especially considering the apparent need for increased max life, maybe it's better to abandon that route alltogether and take one more resembling yours:

I wonder though whether that won't result in mana issues. Also, the thing I am still really in dubio about is if I should get Resolute Technique instead of improving my criticals. Resolute Technique is on the AoF and IG side anyway.

You have to invest a lot of your gear stats and passives into crit chance, crit multiplier and accuracy to make it worth not using RT. Otherwise you'll have a 70% chance to hit and only a 6 or 7% chance to crit, and your crits won't be dealing that much extra damage. That 30% chance to miss is huge, and projectiles that miss can't leech back life to you. Lioneye's Glare is so popular because it gives the benefit of RT without removing the ability to crit. But Lioneye's Glare is a pure physical bow and thus would be of little use for this build. Most people who don't own a LG use RT.

Life is really important in this game. REALLY important. It's called Path of Life Nodes for a reason :)
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"

You have to invest a lot of your gear stats and passives into crit chance, crit multiplier and accuracy to make it worth not using RT. Otherwise you'll have a 70% chance to hit and only a 6 or 7% chance to crit, and your crits won't be dealing that much extra damage. That 30% chance to miss is huge, and projectiles that miss can't leech back life to you. Lioneye's Glare is so popular because it gives the benefit of RT without removing the ability to crit. But Lioneye's Glare is a pure physical bow and thus would be of little use for this build. Most people who don't own a LG use RT.

Life is really important in this game. REALLY important. It's called Path of Life Nodes for a reason :)

Oke, that makes sense. I'm gonna give the second build I posted a try, avoiding the shadow tree and taking an alternative route to the left, past the life nodes and RT. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for all the advice, this game's passive skill tree system is pretty overwhelming for newbies!
hi

this is my tree:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQABLMVIBZvFx0XLxmKGbQaOBqPHRQj9iftKaUqTSzpLYMyiTWSNuk64TwtPydKfUrITipVxlXWVvpX4lnzWkhbr2TnZp5noGe9bBZuqnKpd-V82X11gKSD24d2iPGNfo9GkFWXBpstm6GiAKeErFmsqrXytz63trvjvqfAGsSixPbGrsrTzZjOcc9l0NDTft0N3sbjaudj6mLsOO4O7m_veu_w8B_yRfPd9tr6sfrS-wn8S_zF_gr-ug==

and this is my gear

Spoiler

my cold resist is only 70 but working on getting it to 77

on next 2-3 more levels will take a few life nodes more, after that what you sugest?

going to berserker nodes, the elemental weapon nodes or the área of affect nodes?

My frenzy is 6200 dps and my split arrow is about 2100 with 4 frenzy charges, but vs piety i was not doing much damage vs her, and so not leeching much life, and it took me some time to kill her.
If i had a 5l in the bow i am using my frenzy dps will be 7200, will that make a big diference?
thanks
Last edited by rafa5963 on Dec 3, 2013, 8:04:07 AM
I chose this to be my first ever HC character and first ever character since Open Beta. Doing really well so far! Managed to score a Karui Ward somehow and levelling has been a breeze. A couple of my items have mana leech on them and it supports the cost for split arrow super well.

Level 23 at the moment and I'm really happy with how the build has turned out so far.
Hey there, do you think it is worth investing in an Alpha's Howl and how can it be used with the build?
Torment IGN: ResThyWand
Shop Thread: 1143949
"
RestyPad wrote:
Hey there, do you think it is worth investing in an Alpha's Howl and how can it be used with the build?

Yeah for sure. It's especially useful if your reduced mana gem isn't lvl 20 yet. If it is lvl 20, you can drop 8% worth of reduced mana reserved passives. Though I'm not sure I would recommend that considering those passives (the ones on the left side of the tree) also give a total of 28% increased aura effect I believe, and most of your damage comes from Wrath and Anger. It also gives a substantial amount of armor via Grace.

Anyway, if you link your auras in an Alpha's Howl and gain +2 gem levels, your dps should go up significantly. Freeze immunity is cool too, and it sports some nice evasion rating. The downside is that it has no life and no resistance other than cold. I get my extra intelligence needed to meet the 151 requirement from my helmet slot, so you'll need to get some extra intelligence on amulet or rings (or go with an EV/ES or AR/ES hybrid boots or gloves - I would not recommend doing that on your chest slot at all).
"
"
RestyPad wrote:

Yeah for sure. It's especially useful if your reduced mana gem isn't lvl 20 yet. If it is lvl 20, you can drop 8% worth of reduced mana reserved passives. Though I'm not sure I would recommend that considering those passives (the ones on the left side of the tree) also give a total of 28% increased aura effect I believe, and most of your damage comes from Wrath and Anger. It also gives a substantial amount of armor via Grace.

Anyway, if you link your auras in an Alpha's Howl and gain +2 gem levels, your dps should go up significantly. Freeze immunity is cool too, and it sports some nice evasion rating. The downside is that it has no life and no resistance other than cold. I get my extra intelligence needed to meet the 151 requirement from my helmet slot, so you'll need to get some extra intelligence on amulet or rings (or go with an EV/ES or AR/ES hybrid boots or gloves - I would not recommend doing that on your chest slot at all).

Thanks for the answer, I got one more thing to ask I recently respecced my duelist to this build. Atm my gems are underleveled etc. but where can I upgrade and imrpove my dps?
Frenzy: 9.5k with 4 stacks of frenzy
Split arrow: 3.5k with 4 stacks of frenzy
HP: 4,1k
Armour: 3,6k
Resists: 77/77/77/-21
Level 83

Gear:
Spoiler

Ignore the amount of aura gems, I was testing some stuff I only run Anger+Wrath+Grace combo.

Also atm. I'm not running Iron reflex because I don't think 600 evasion is worth converting into more armour since I don't have any evasion based gear, it's either 10% chance to evade or 4% more physical mitigation, what is your opinion on that? I can get 40% chance to evade with my grace aura on.

Thanks in advance :)
Torment IGN: ResThyWand
Shop Thread: 1143949
Last edited by RestyPad on Dec 6, 2013, 10:09:34 AM
Hey, gonna give this build a go as it looks interesting. Most of the gear I already have which I can borrow from my level 80 Double Strike Ranger. Just need to find a good bow and quiver :)
could you psot your current offensive and defensive stats?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
could you psot your current offensive and defensive stats?

It's there on the first post man.

Life: 6379
Armor: 8811
Resists: 77% / Chaos -34%
Split Arrow DPS: 4597 (w/ Chain & 4 frenzy charges)
Frenzy DPS: 11944 (w/ 4 frenzy charges)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info