[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

Hi, this is my first character which i started a week ago, been following your guide and would you please tell me what gear should i upgrade? currently level 75

My Gear:
Spoiler
IGN: Beepp
"
meng88 wrote:
Hi, this is my first character which i started a week ago, been following your guide and would you please tell me what gear should i upgrade? currently level 75

My Gear:
Spoiler

The only problem I see with your gear is lack of life. As my guide says, I recommend having life on every piece of gear. Your bow is pretty solid except for the lack of lightning damage. That's unfortunate since it has a decent attack speed roll and the fire and cold damage are both good.

I'll list your gear from best to worst. Try to replace the items at the bottom of this list first.

Quiver - probably your best item. You'll probably never need to replace this unless you want something with lightning damage

Bow - solid bow. Only downside is low lightning damage which is the most important element. But as long as you're shocking enemies it shouldn't be a big deal

Chest - Very nice chest. Keep this for a while. When the time comes for you to get a 6-link, try to get a new 6L bow and keep this chest for your Frenzy.

Alpha's Howl - great helmet for buffing auras and giving freeze immunity. Only downside is no life and no resists. But if you're already capped on resists, then no big deal.

Gloves - Solid. Life, attack speed, lightning damage, 41% resist and 15% IIR. Keep these for a while.

Boots - Great resist, maximum movement speed roll, mediocre life. These could stand to be replaced for something with higher life eventually, but for now they should serve you nicely.

Belt - If this belt had 90 life, it would be top notch. The resists are fantastic and the WED roll is 2% from perfect. Unfortunately the life and armor rolls are very low. I'd recommend a Leather Belt instead of Rustic Sash. The physical damage increase is doing basically nothing for your dps. This build is 90-95% elemental damage.

Coral Ring - Decent amount of WED and it's good that it has intelligence. I'd replace it with something that has life plus flat elemental damage or WED.

Amulet - Well, the elemental damage on it is pretty nice. 17% cold damage, flat 11 cold damage and 34 lightning damage plus IIR would make this one awesome amulet if only it had life.

Amethyst Ring - Replace this item first. The only good it's doing you is the resistances.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
meng88 wrote:
... my first character ... a week ago...

Man, that is some nice gear for a first character one week in. Did you drop a mirror or something?

PS When you upgrade that belt, I'd be interested in getting it for my 2H infernal splash mara. It would be great for him (need phys and ele).
So I decided to start playing PoE again. I started with this build and I am quite happy with it too. I managed to get to act1 Merciless with selffound equip (besides a chain gem I bought). I am level 54 and things started to get a lot harder and I feel like my DPS is too low right now.

So after playing only selffound, I decided to start buying some equipement. Problem is I am really bad with prices and stuff.

What I currently have currency wise:

-1 Exalted Orb (I guess I'm a lucky bastard)
-1 Gemcutters Prism
-4 Chaos Orbs
-2 Orbs of Alchemy
-1 Orb of Fusing
-3 Cartographers Chisel
-36 Chromatic Orbs
-and of course some lower currency items

Here is my equip so far (Some of it is really low level stuff because I couldnt really find anything better or just missed it):
Spoiler

The Boots are probably the first thing I have to upgrade. Also I need a good Tri-Ele bow. Problem is there seems to be a lack of 5L Bows with 3green and 2red sockets in forums.

I'm also missing 2 Auras (Wrath and Anger). Help would be greatly appreciated as I am still a complete noob in this game.
Died to ele reflect rare + promenade boss pretty much off screen. Even with 50+ life gained per hit, still got 1 shotted.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
andaval wrote:

Man, that is some nice gear for a first character one week in. Did you drop a mirror or something?

My thoughts exactly (or RMT ;p)
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Aug 22, 2013, 8:38:05 PM
"
Valicious wrote:
So I decided to start playing PoE again. I started with this build and I am quite happy with it too. I managed to get to act1 Merciless with selffound equip (besides a chain gem I bought). I am level 54 and things started to get a lot harder and I feel like my DPS is too low right now.

So after playing only selffound, I decided to start buying some equipement. Problem is I am really bad with prices and stuff.

What I currently have currency wise:

-1 Exalted Orb (I guess I'm a lucky bastard)
-1 Gemcutters Prism
-4 Chaos Orbs
-2 Orbs of Alchemy
-1 Orb of Fusing
-3 Cartographers Chisel
-36 Chromatic Orbs
-and of course some lower currency items

Here is my equip so far (Some of it is really low level stuff because I couldnt really find anything better or just missed it):
Spoiler

The Boots are probably the first thing I have to upgrade. Also I need a good Tri-Ele bow. Problem is there seems to be a lack of 5L Bows with 3green and 2red sockets in forums.

I'm also missing 2 Auras (Wrath and Anger). Help would be greatly appreciated as I am still a complete noob in this game.

Please tell me you're not seriously using that bow >_<

You need a new bow, badly. Wrath and Anger are also required, especially since you have practically no elemental damage on your gear at all. You have a tiny bit on your quiver, one of your rings and your gloves. That's nowhere near enough. I have a great deal of flat elemental damage on my gear, and even then my dps gets cut in half when I remove Wrath and Anger. They are mandatory.

Aside from that, only a couple pieces of your gear have life on them. That's dangerous. Get more life!!!

"
Problem is there seems to be a lack of 5L Bows with 3green and 2red sockets in forums.

Don't pay attention to socket colors when buying items. That is what Chromatic Orbs are for. Just search for items with the stats you want, then reforge the socket colors yourself after you buy it. Chromatic Orbs are cheap as dirt. If you run out, you can get about 60 for one GCP in standard league. Hell, I'd even be willing to give you a bunch for free. I have like 1500 of them.
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Aug 22, 2013, 8:48:33 PM
"
Edzilla wrote:
Died to ele reflect rare + promenade boss pretty much off screen. Even with 50+ life gained per hit, still got 1 shotted.

That's not ele reflect that one-shotted you, it was Lightning Thorns. If you're not paying attention, the female Promenade boss is probably the deadliest boss in the game. Her lightning thorns is brutal. You can NOT attack anything that she applies lightning thorns to. I made that mistake once and died.

Here's how to handle this boss. Pull the two bosses apart and kill the male boss first. Then try to pull the female boss away from any extra mobs, or keep a decoy totem down at all times and pick off the mobs one by one, NEVER use split arrow in this situation because if it chains to a mob with lightning thorns, you're as good as dead. Just use Frenzy to kill ones that don't have lightning thorns on them until they're all dead. Then proceed to kill her.
How about this build (but maybe more dps nodes) with kaoms + thunderfists? Single target (frenzy) in thunderfist and some good triele 6L thicket for SA ? Only bad thing would be resist, hard to cap without purity and with kaoms i think..
IGN: Wanderiin
Last edited by kossuvissy on Aug 23, 2013, 3:49:17 AM
"
"
Edzilla wrote:

That's not ele reflect that one-shotted you, it was Lightning Thorns. If you're not paying attention, the female Promenade boss is probably the deadliest boss in the game. Her lightning thorns is brutal. You can NOT attack anything that she applies lightning thorns to. I made that mistake once and died.

Here's how to handle this boss. Pull the two bosses apart and kill the male boss first. Then try to pull the female boss away from any extra mobs, or keep a decoy totem down at all times and pick off the mobs one by one, NEVER use split arrow in this situation because if it chains to a mob with lightning thorns, you're as good as dead. Just use Frenzy to kill ones that don't have lightning thorns on them until they're all dead. Then proceed to kill her.

It was both, actually. I can survive ele reflect, or lightning thorns. But, saw nothing on my screen when I actually died. I didn't see ele reflect pack and the boss until I was already dead.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info