[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

Spoiler
"
"
Valicious wrote:
So I decided to start playing PoE again. I started with this build and I am quite happy with it too. I managed to get to act1 Merciless with selffound equip (besides a chain gem I bought). I am level 54 and things started to get a lot harder and I feel like my DPS is too low right now.

So after playing only selffound, I decided to start buying some equipement. Problem is I am really bad with prices and stuff.

What I currently have currency wise:

-1 Exalted Orb (I guess I'm a lucky bastard)
-1 Gemcutters Prism
-4 Chaos Orbs
-2 Orbs of Alchemy
-1 Orb of Fusing
-3 Cartographers Chisel
-36 Chromatic Orbs
-and of course some lower currency items

Here is my equip so far (Some of it is really low level stuff because I couldnt really find anything better or just missed it):
Spoiler

The Boots are probably the first thing I have to upgrade. Also I need a good Tri-Ele bow. Problem is there seems to be a lack of 5L Bows with 3green and 2red sockets in forums.

I'm also missing 2 Auras (Wrath and Anger). Help would be greatly appreciated as I am still a complete noob in this game.

Please tell me you're not seriously using that bow >_<

You need a new bow, badly. Wrath and Anger are also required, especially since you have practically no elemental damage on your gear at all. You have a tiny bit on your quiver, one of your rings and your gloves. That's nowhere near enough. I have a great deal of flat elemental damage on my gear, and even then my dps gets cut in half when I remove Wrath and Anger. They are mandatory.

Aside from that, only a couple pieces of your gear have life on them. That's dangerous. Get more life!!!

"
Problem is there seems to be a lack of 5L Bows with 3green and 2red sockets in forums.

Don't pay attention to socket colors when buying items. That is what Chromatic Orbs are for. Just search for items with the stats you want, then reforge the socket colors yourself after you buy it. Chromatic Orbs are cheap as dirt. If you run out, you can get about 60 for one GCP in standard league. Hell, I'd even be willing to give you a bunch for free. I have like 1500 of them.

Thx for the advice! Seems like I cant buy a Triele Bow just yet with the currency I have so I will have to farm some more :)
"
kossuvissy wrote:
How about this build (but maybe more dps nodes) with kaoms + thunderfists? Single target (frenzy) in thunderfist and some good triele 6L thicket for SA ? Only bad thing would be resist, hard to cap without purity and with kaoms i think..

That was my plan Koss, it would have worked fine. You can still cap resists with Thunderfists+Kaoms. You will just need insane gear in other slots :)
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Valicious wrote:

Thx for the advice! Seems like I cant buy a Triele Bow just yet with the currency I have so I will have to farm some more :)

You'll probably do better for now with LA instead of SA, it's probably worth spending a couple chaos on a bow upgrade. Test whatever bow you get with LA and SA to see what works best. That should make the farming easier. The fun part about needing upgrades everywhere is that you are likely to find some of them yourself!
Last edited by andaval on Aug 23, 2013, 12:12:00 PM
Well, I swapped some gear from my stash around and got all my resists capped. I lost about 400 dps and some IIQ/IIR, but gained 80 life, enough INT to spec out of a passive point, and the resists.

Old gear:
Spoiler

New gear:
Spoiler

Unfortunately, this ring was worth almost 400 tooltip SA dps, so it hurt to take it off.

I added a WED to frenzy and it definitely makes a big difference. I tried out ele hit, since I expected it to be better single target than frenzy, but the tooltip says it's not. Now I'm going to start mapping and keep an eye out upgrades to add some dps back.
Those boots are sweet man :)

Why did you change the belt though? Your old belt looks better. More life, more WED and some stun duration to top it off. The only thing your new one has over the old is the 19% lightning resistance. If you were low on that I can understand. It's important to be resistance capped, especially with lightning.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
The tooltip for elemental hit is broken. Look at your tooltip dps for basic attack, and then look at your tooltip dps for an unlinked EH. They're the same.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Hey I've been following the build and I am level 30 with decent gear,
In your guide you said to use lightning arrow until level 10 split arrow
Well I've been doing that and I just wanted to say lightning arrow is terrible compared to the use of split arrow for this build
Split arrow actually works a lot better than lightning arrow early game, but all I can say is to choose a different gem then lightning arrow for early on in the game, like hatred on the caged brute. I am kinda a newbie on the game, and this is my highest level char, but just saying it out there.
"
Those boots are sweet man :)

Why did you change the belt though? Your old belt looks better. More life, more WED and some stun duration to top it off. The only thing your new one has over the old is the 19% lightning resistance. If you were low on that I can understand. It's important to be resistance capped, especially with lightning.

I needed at least 16 lightning resist on my belt and that's all I had in my stash that fit the bill. Trade chat hasn't been very helpful yet, but I am actively trying to upgrade there. I gained so much life with the other pieces that I was still up almost 90 after all the gear swaps.

"
The tooltip for elemental hit is broken.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It definitely seems like it is a little more dps than frenzy in my setup:
SA-Chain-WED-FasterAttacks-LoH
EleHit-WED-FasterAttacks-LifeLeech
Frenzy-Culling-IIR-IIQ

I get last hits with frenzy and keep my charges up, and then use SA/EleHit for AoE/single target dps.
Also can you help me on finding gems? I am pretty poor and play the game with my brother (we party up basically). I was looking for a lot of gems and have trouble finding them, such as wrath gem. I also have trouble finding some necessary gear and getting gem slots. I wasted like 3-5 jewelers orb and barely could get the necessary gem slots I needed. Thanks
"
Falc0neye wrote:
Also can you help me on finding gems? I am pretty poor and play the game with my brother (we party up basically). I was looking for a lot of gems and have trouble finding them, such as wrath gem. I also have trouble finding some necessary gear and getting gem slots. I wasted like 3-5 jewelers orb and barely could get the necessary gem slots I needed. Thanks

I can toss you whatever gems you need if you're in standard league, and maybe a few jewellers orbs too.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info