[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

"
PietyPiety wrote:
Is it possible to use Death Harp for this build or should i stick to Storm Cloud ?

For leveling, it works fine. I leveled with that and a 3L of LA-LoH-Chain and it was very easy.
I've been rocking a 4L Quill Rain that's been pretty good. The atk speed is pretty rough with frenzy since it shoots so fast. I may need to check out storm cloud, tri ele thickets are hard to find.
Hey i was interested is this build usable with other gems? (rain of arrows,LA)
I love this build!
But I'm curios about something...
After looking around some bow builds, I noticed some builds could reach 20Kdps with frenzy.
Anyone go this build could achieve 20K DPS with frenzy?(or do I misunderstanding something?)
Last edited by Lurgee on Aug 31, 2013, 9:43:29 AM
One question for better geared /more experienced people;

I see some guys using lioneyes bow combining it with that transforms 1/2 of physical damage to fire unique quiver. They probably using iron grip too, nice portion of physical damage remains.

Is this ... viable alternative for this build? Would you squeeze out more dps with that combo?

Also I'm interested did anyone tried using bear trap in immobilizing tough targets or decoy totem is enough? Does that thing lasts long enough on kole for example at all?

IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Lurgee wrote:
I love this build!
But I'm curios about something...
After looking around some bow builds, I noticed some builds could reach 20Kdps with frenzy.
Anyone go this build could achieve 20K DPS with frenzy?(or do I misunderstanding something?)

I'm sure it's possible, but unlikely. My build only utilizies 4 frenzy charges. For 20k dps you'd need all 7 frenzy charges. The people who are getting 20k dps with Frenzy are most likely running physical bow builds. Frenzy gets a major attack speed bonus per frenzy charge. But it also gets a physical damage bonus which my build receives little benefit from.

Elemental Hit is capable of higher dps for my build. However I still prefer Frenzy for the 20% attack/cast speed it gives to my other skills.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
"
Dugi96 wrote:
Hey i was interested is this build usable with other gems? (rain of arrows,LA)

I believe OP mentioned somewhere that LA is viable alternative but that he also prefers SA better for few reasons. RoA I've used to use in some specific situations as I was leveling but it's not really good alternative to either of these. When you develop your SA and his cluster gems right, you'll quickly realize that no RoA could parry that, ever. SA+chain gems are self guided missiles with machine gun rate of fire and with shotgun spread, killing enemies near and far equally. It's pretty awesome combination, more then half of enemies I encounter are dead off screen.
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
One question for better geared /more experienced people;

I see some guys using lioneyes bow combining it with that transforms 1/2 of physical damage to fire unique quiver. They probably using iron grip too, nice portion of physical damage remains.

Is this ... viable alternative for this build? Would you squeeze out more dps with that combo?

Also I'm interested did anyone tried using bear trap in immobilizing tough targets or decoy totem is enough? Does that thing lasts long enough on kole for example at all?

Yep it's definitely viable. Thing is, you're most likely going to need a 6L to make this work. You'll need to be using the Added Fire Damage gem and Added Lightning Damage will be mandatory, otherwise you won't shock.

Split > Chain > LGOH > WED > Added Fire > Added Lightning

You'll probably also want to run Hatred, but you'd need to run it off your life pool, otherwise you'd need to drop Added Lightning for the Blood Magic gem and you'll have a hard time shocking anything unless you have extremely high amounts of lightning damage on your rings and amulet (I mean a ton, since Blackgleam quiver doesn't have any).
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
So it's viable, but is it worth it? How much you gain for all that heavy investment? Anyone tried? Experiences?
Hi

First thx for the great guide. Unfortunately im facing a strange issue since ive using chain with SA.
It seems like only 1 of my currently 5 SA projectiles is chaining.
Dont know whats wrong there, due i havent found any similar issue in your thread or in the bug report.
If i hit a big pack and all LA arrows hit only 1 monster got hit which is standing behind and chains to other monsters...

Thx in advance

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info