[1.1] Davos Seaworth's Elemental Split Arrow Build - Solo every map with ease!

How in comparison does this build hold up against LA. More dps,less dps, about same ? Survivalbility ?
"
sgtmadman wrote:
How in comparison does this build hold up against LA. More dps,less dps, about same ? Survivalbility ?

If you have the right gear (Thunderfist, high lightning damage/tri elemental bow, etc) it will do more damage then LA, looking at the numbers - mainly because it does not use GMP/LMP to reduce the damage.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
sgtmadman wrote:

If you have the right gear (Thunderfist, high lightning damage/tri elemental bow, etc) it will do more damage then LA, looking at the numbers - mainly because it does not use GMP/LMP to reduce the damage.

This is correct. This build is driven by flat elemental damage (lightning damage most of all) and attack speed. If you have a lot of lightning damage and attack speed, you can beat LA in raw dps. With this build, if you have a 6L (6th socket goes to 20% added lightning damage), a tri-ele thicket bow with attack speed, rings and amulet with lightning damage, belt and quiver with weapon elemental damage, and gloves with lightning damage and/or attack speed, this build is absolutely GG. You'll be shock stacking like crazy, and you'll be unstoppable in any level of maps. That's not to say you need great gear though. This build does better than most with low quality or mediocre gear. Just make sure you have the right stats. Tri-ele bow is required, and you need some lightning damage on rings/amulet and a quiver with WED, but these things aren't expensive.

There should be no real difference in survivability between the two skills. That all depends on which passives you choose and how much evasion/armor/life your gear has. I'm not sure what a common LA build looks like, but my build does stack the life nodes pretty heavily, as well as taking a few armor nodes. If you keep up your endurance charges and are smart about using your granite flask, you can tank high level maps pretty well. You just need to be careful about certain map mods. For instance, "monsters deal X% extra damage as Y element" is extremely brutal, and you'll for high level maps with this mod, you'll want to keep max distance when killing monsters, especially if the map also has elemental weakness, reduced max resists or extra monster damage.
IGN: EmpathicAmoeba
Last edited by DavosTheOnionKnight on Jul 29, 2013, 8:50:56 PM
This is my gear any advice
Thank you for taking the time to post the benefits of the Split Arrow skill.Trust the author as this skill is perfect for low spec pcs.
Decoy totem rocks and if you have a problem with reflect damage substitute in fork or faster projectiles for chain depending on how much damage you are taking.You can lv them up in your secondary weapon slots as you go.

"

What is the origin of the quote in your signature?

That's my quote, actually. heh.
"The only prison you're in is the one you've created in your mind."
"
sgtmadman wrote:
This is my gear any advice

Looks pretty decent overall. Here are my thoughts on each piece.

Bow: Good enough to get you through any level of maps. Fire damage is kind of low and it lacks attack speed, but so does my own bow :)

Helmet: Not terrible. It's got intelligence enough for you to use max level blue gems and I love IIR. The life and armor are pretty low however.

Quiver: Very high life, but not a very good quiver aside from that. Try to get a conductive quiver with 20% WED or higher.

Chest: Very nice, aside from resistances. Armor rating is good. Life is good. Chaos resist is nice.

Gloves: Great for dps, but lacking defensive stats (life, armor/evasion, resists), which are very important.

Boots: Low life and only one resistance, but should be good enough as long as your resists are all capped.

Amulet: I would say this is probably the piece of gear you need to upgrade the most. No life, low resists, and low elemental damage.

Ruby Ring: Terrific resistances and elemental damage, but lacks life.

Sapphire Ring: In my opinion, this is your best item. It's a pretty terrific ring and I would love to have one like it.

Belt: Resistances and WED are good, but it needs life (80+ if possible).

Overall, I would say you need more life. You have 4 pieces with no life at all (I'm not counting the implicit on the leather belt). I prefer to have life on every piece of gear. There have been so many times my life has dropped to 200 or lower. One piece of gear without life would've been more than enough to kill me in a situation like that.

You also need to use armourer scraps until 20% quality on all all of your non-jewelry items. The extra armor rating you'll get should be substantial. Make your bow 20% quality as well. The physical damage won't add much, but it definitely helps.

For gems, add Faster Casting and Minion Life to your skeleton totem. And for Frenzy, I recommend Faster Attacks before Added Lightning Damage (unless you've tested it and ALD gives you more dps). It probably isn't a big deal, but in most cases Faster Attacks will result in higher single target dps.
Hey, i am pretty new and i followed ur guid till 50 points now.
Here is my question: Is Blooddrinker NOT good?
Considering to the fact that this build works a lot with life leech and gain, i thought this might be good ... otherwise i dont think u simply missed it.

Suggestions and Awnsers would be nice.
I don't care if i am better or worse than you, i just want to play a game.
"
Dequda wrote:
Hey, i am pretty new and i followed ur guid till 50 points now.
Here is my question: Is Blooddrinker NOT good?
Considering to the fact that this build works a lot with life leech and gain, i thought this might be good ... otherwise i dont think u simply missed it.

Suggestions and Awnsers would be nice.

Blood Drinker leeches only physical damage, and about 95% of my damage comes from fire, cold or lightning. Only about 5% of it is physical. Therefore 2% physical life leech amounts to almost literally nothing, and as a result is a wasted passive point.
cool , like it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info