0.9.11e Patch Notes

"
Charan wrote:
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
The change to evasion (where it can now also cause critical strikes to fail) will hopefully resolve the high variance that evasive characters felt. It's quite a big difference in our testing.

I've felt evasion got much better the last patch as well, as some monsters, (rhoas), got lesser damage output. And the double evasion chance for arrows.

Does the arrow dodge cap at 90%. I seems to almost be immune to arrows with only 43% evade chance?

This change will probably do quite a lot, yes. :)

Archers tend to have unusually high accuracy -- my level 53 Shadow with 67% chance to evade+Arrow Dodging still eats more than every 10th arrow.

I'm curious about this wording. Did evasion not apply to critical strikes before? Or is there some new mechanic where chance to evade is interacting with attacks that land as critical strikes?

Sounds to me like before if a monster rolled a critical strike, it would skip any evasion check and automatically hit your character. Now a successful critical strike roll will still perform an accuracy vs evasion check.

So before if you were playing an evasion character and, say, two or three mobs all happened to roll a critical hit at once, all of their (big!) swings would hit you automatically. Instead, you will now have a chance to dodge them and maybe only get hit by 1 of the swings. This will cause damage to be less spikey -- or at least wildly reduce the odds of your being instagibbed by crits.
www.twitch.tv/nightmaren
Last edited by Founder1168 on Aug 3, 2012, 3:49:49 AM

Only thing is missing, that you are able to hide your character lvl :)
Playing POE since 0.9.0
"
galox wrote:
Patch size allmost 200Mb for those that have a need to know
Thank You - I did need to know. Will have to find a Fixed connection somewhere- can't exactly go using my mobiles monthly cap up just for the patch :)
I'm BACK :)
"
Founder1168 wrote:

Sounds to me like before if a monster rolled a critical strike, it would skip any evasion check and automatically hit your character. Now a successful critical strike roll will still perform an accuracy vs evasion check.

So before if you were playing an evasion character and, say, two or three mobs all happened to roll a critical hit at once, all of their (big!) swings would hit you automatically. Instead, you will now have a chance to dodge them and maybe only get hit by 1 of the swings. This will cause damage to be less spikey -- or at least wildly reduce the odds of your being instagibbed by crits.

Thanks for that clarification. I kinda had a feeling but sometimes, I ask the 'dumb' questions to save anyone else from having to do it. It's about as philanthropic as I get, really.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Founder1168 wrote:

No, it's now that you get two evasion rolls for the crit damage.

If someone hits you, you roll evasion. Then you check the critical strike chance. Previously, it'd then crit you. Now, evasion is checked *again* and the crit is only applied if that one fails to evade.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
Chris wrote:
  • Disabled instance join and leave notifications in cut-throat leagues.

Hey Chris, could you give an explanation for this change, please? I feel it puts the instance raider at a great advantage. The invader knows he is about to fight another player, while the player whose instance got raided will be caught by surprise and probably have a curse upon him or three arrows in his back before he realizes what's up.

The advantage is even greater when you consider that the invader can /whois the other player (as the player name is shown in the instance select menu) so he roughly knows what to expect.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Aug 3, 2012, 4:14:01 AM
Does this mean :

If we have a 40% evasionestaminationchance listed, that we effectivly migrate accurate 40% of all crits ?

Doesn´t matter how the evasion+accuracy-ratings calculate against each other.

Equaling evasionbuilds as Anti-crit-builds ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
"
Chris wrote:
"
Founder1168 wrote:

No, it's now that you get two evasion rolls for the crit damage.

If someone hits you, you roll evasion. Then you check the critical strike chance. Previously, it'd then crit you. Now, evasion is checked *again* and the crit is only applied if that one fails to evade.

So does it mean that if a monster hit me, I'll receive damage if my first evasion roll fail and if the hit taken also has a successful critical strike roll and I manage to dodge for the second evasion roll, I end up only taking the base damage without the critical hit?

I've been Jay Wilson-ed.
Diablo 3: World of Kitecraft

Immortalsoulz: lvl 72 dual-weapon duelist
Zealato: lvl 41 Elemental bow ranger
"
Immortalsoul wrote:

So does it mean that if a monster hit me, I'll receive damage if my first evasion roll fail and if the hit taken also has a successful critical strike roll and I manage to dodge for the second evasion roll, I end up only taking the base damage without the critical hit?

That is what I assumed it to be -- but since I wasn't sure, I found Founder's 'clarification' plausible.

As I said elsewhere, I had a strong idea what the change was and that it would both significantly buff evaders and not affect Iron Reflexes at all.

Testing so far, I'm definitely more durable at level 53 but base hits still wallop pretty hard. This hasn't made me invincible in the slightest (never expected that!) but it has reduced the chance of being ohko'd...so I'm really happy about that.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Immortalsoul wrote:

Yes.

"
dust7 wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
  • Disabled instance join and leave notifications in cut-throat leagues.

Hey Chris, could you give an explanation for this change, please? I feel it puts the instance raider at a great advantage. The invader knows he is about to fight another player, while the player whose instance got raided will be caught by surprise and probably have a curse upon him or three arrows in his back before he realizes what's up.

The advantage is even greater when you consider that the invader can /whois the other player (as the player name is shown in the instance select menu) so he roughly knows what to expect.

We're testing various combinations. This one is probably temporary. Last time, people just instantly left the second they were invaded, which reduced the fun.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info